Missing 411

OhioSquatch

1 hour ago, Trooper1410 said:

There have been some intriguing news reports of very young children missing and found the next day recently.  You all are probably aware of the three year old who went missing overnight in West Virginia in very cold weather.  He was found the following morning under some brush, IN AN AREA THAT HAD BEEN THOROUGHLY SEARCHED the night before.  A searcher heard a "whistle", went to the area and, voila, there was the youngster, in very good shape despite cold temperatures.  He said a bear stayed with him and kept him warm!   Another youngster was found on a ledge after an all-night search.  Crazy stuff.  

How recently are we talking for the WV piece and where in WV?

I saw a news report on this and it said that, although very rare, it is more common than one would believe that small children will say that they were kept safe by bears.

What would a young child's reference point be to even mention a "bear"?  Why not a dog or even a deer which is something the child would have actually seen in his/her short life experience?

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

What would a young child's reference point be to even mention a "bear"?  Why not a dog or even a deer which is something the child would have actually seen in his/her short life experience?

It's not the first time that this or something similar has happened.

In one of the M411 cases, a young girl said that Mr Wolf found her, took her somewhere out of the rain, brought her some berries, and then ate her hat. 

Admin

Also an incident from the PNW (WA or OR, I think) of a three year old lost for 2-3 days and then found. He said a bear took care of him during the ordeal. Maybe happened in the 70's/80's timeframe? It was well documented in the media at the time.

SSR Team
2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Also an incident from the PNW (WA or OR, I think) of a three year old lost for 2-3 days and then found. He said a bear took care of him during the ordeal. Maybe happened in the 70's/80's timeframe? It was well documented in the media at the time.

I recall one in OR too. Let me try to find it, then will add it here.

Ok here it is, Joey Lefler.

https://apnews.com/article/f064b0fc2cda6078977d2bc1ecd71621

Found the below on an amazon book review too.

'Powell is the only writer I've found who relates the case of Joey Lefler, the lost three year old child who was befriended by a hairy monster who ran off when the helicopter came. I have talked to two people who were in the Search and Rescue group that found the boy. Both these people confirm the finding of big barefoot human tracks on the boy's scent trail. Both of these witnesses are now devout believers.'

And found your previous post on it too VAF, here.

I have not yet read any of the Missing 411 series, but they are certainly on my to do list as are Paulides other books Tribal Bigfoot and Hoopa Project.  I do think however, that BIgfoot may be responsible for at least some of the disappearances.  If the old American Indian legends are taken at face value, it would appear that Sasquatches have preyed upon humans in the past.  If this is true, and I see no reason why it couldn't be, then it is possible that Sasquatches will still on occasion prey upon humans when the opportunity presents itself.  Any human alone and unsuspecting in the forest could be easily taken by a large, powerful, and intelligent apex predator with little chance of ever being seen or heard from again.

I'm not saying that Bigfoot are likely responsible for all or even most of the disappearances, but I think they might be responsible for at least some of them.  On an similar topic, is anyone here familiar with Headless Valley in the Yukon Territory?  Human remains have been recovered from the wilderness areas with their heads snapped off at the neck.  Hairy giants have also been reported from the area.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:47 AM, Huntster said:

I fully accept aspects of sasquatches abducting homo sapiens, especially women and children. Such behavior has been common throughout primitive human history. 

I can also accept cases of occasional sasquatch predation on homo sapiens. That, too, is an occasional reality.

But I have to wonder about cases like Albert Ostman and Muchalat Harry. Why would a sasquatch abduct a grown man? Within the homo sapien family, the only reason that occurs is slavery/bondage...........or hostage taking. I suppose curiosity might be another motive.

Predation.  Muchalat Harry seemed to have the impression that he was there to be eaten.  I recall reading that he mentioned seeing the area littered with bones. 

Many First Nations (Tribes) have long standing lore of them being cannibals. Humans eat apes and monkeys in some places. If there are no deer around you are a protien substitute.

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

I have not yet read any of the Missing 411 series, but they are certainly on my to do list as are Paulides other books Tribal Bigfoot and Hoopa Project.  I do think however, that BIgfoot may be responsible for at least some of the disappearances.  If the old American Indian legends are taken at face value, it would appear that Sasquatches have preyed upon humans in the past.  If this is true, and I see no reason why it couldn't be, then it is possible that Sasquatches will still on occasion prey upon humans when the opportunity presents itself.  Any human alone and unsuspecting in the forest could be easily taken by a large, powerful, and intelligent apex predator with little chance of ever being seen or heard from again.

I'm not saying that Bigfoot are likely responsible for all or even most of the disappearances, but I think they might be responsible for at least some of them.  On an similar topic, is anyone here familiar with Headless Valley in the Yukon Territory?  Human remains have been recovered from the wilderness areas with their heads snapped off at the neck.  Hairy giants have also been reported from the area.

I agree with you.

I don't think that Sasquatch are responsible for all of the Missing 411 cases, but they are responsible for some.  

Whether they are undiscovered apes or relic hominids, they have predated upon man in the past...and I am sure that they continue to do so when the opportunity to do so arises.  Something keeps them from revealing themselves to do so... whether it is because of their fear of firearms or some sort of cultural/instinctive imperative against being discovered...or some other reason that isn't apparent to us.

12 minutes ago, John B said:

Many First Nations (Tribes) have long standing lore of them being cannibals. Humans eat apes and monkeys in some places. If there are no deer around you are a protien substitute.

Yup.  We might just be another form of bushmeat.  Obviously they understand the risks that go along with discovery of predating upon humans, so they aren't grabbing people off the trail in plain view of others now...but, it's obvious that they were much more open about preying upon humans in the past.

59 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I agree with you.

I don't think that Sasquatch are responsible for all of the Missing 411 cases, but they are responsible for some.  

Whether they are undiscovered apes or relic hominids, they have predated upon man in the past...and I am sure that they continue to do so when the opportunity to do so arises.  Something keeps them from revealing themselves to do so... whether it is because of their fear of firearms or some sort of cultural/instinctive imperative against being discovered...or some other reason that isn't apparent to us.

I agree.  Being an intelligent species, I think Sasquatch probably more commonly predated upon humans in the past.  Hence all of the American Indian and First Nation accounts of cannibal giants.  It was likely only the advent of firearms that made these creatures more elusive.  But they still most likely would prey upon a lone, unsuspecting human when given the opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The big difference in NA history related to predation of humans by bigfoot is that prior to the European migration ,  when a NA was hauled off, other than bows and arrows as weapons, the NA and BIgfoot were pretty much equal or even gave BF an advantage because of size, strength, and speed.   The NA were known to go and try to get captives back.      That equation changed when Europeans showed up with firearms.   At that point in time any interaction with humans increased the potential for the BF getting killed outright or gravely wounded and dying later.  Perhaps at that point BF decided grabbing humans was not worth the risk.   Certainly in the last 100 years the stories of human abuction have all but ended.    Certainly that does not rule out it happening in some cases but like us,  BF are individuals and may get their own ideas or use opportunities that arrive and create some of the Missing 411 cases.    

12 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

The big difference in NA history related to predation of humans by bigfoot is that prior to the European migration ,  when a NA was hauled off, other than bows and arrows as weapons, the NA and BIgfoot were pretty much equal or even gave BF an advantage because of size, strength, and speed.   The NA were known to go and try to get captives back.      That equation changed when Europeans showed up with firearms.   At that point in time any interaction with humans increased the potential for the BF getting killed outright or gravely wounded and dying later.  Perhaps at that point BF decided grabbing humans was not worth the risk.   Certainly in the last 100 years the stories of human abuction have all but ended.    Certainly that does not rule out it happening in some cases but like us,  BF are individuals and may get their own ideas or use opportunities that arrive and create some of the Missing 411 cases.    

It would be interesting to dig for any reports of hairy giants dating from colonial times.  The earliest report I have been able to find was from the 1790s, and mentioned a family of hairy wildmen seen bathing in the Great Lakes area by settlers.  I have heard that there were accounts given by Spanish missionaries in California as early as the 17th century.  But I have yet to come across any.

Edited by Wooly Booger