Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

9 minutes ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I've watched the thermal video several times and for some reason...the way the leg loops around...it just reminds me of some kind of bird. I can't place my finger on it but the whole thing seems very birdlike to me.

It's obvious that it's the even MORE rare Birdsquatch ;) Welcome to the BFF :) You're an author?

Edited by hiflier

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Birdsquatch ;) Welcome to the BFF :) You're an author?

I'm working on a book about Port Chatham, Alaska. Been in a couple Bigfoot documentaries and TV shows. Based on my experiences in the field, I know how frustrating it can be to get good evidence. I've found some great non-castable prints and gotten thermal footage of something that appeared large and bipedal....but with all that...I still can't say 100% that I know they are real.

That said...I try not to be critical of others work. If the size comparison is accurate, then the footage is pretty impressive. However, I know that TV shows can be edited can literally change the context of a person's conversation to suit the producer's needs. So....who knows? Bigfoot TV is a lot like TV wrestling. There is a serious..art/science behind it...but mostly it's just for fun and entertainment.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I'm working on a book about Port Chatham, Alaska. Been in a couple Bigfoot documentaries and TV shows. Based on my experiences in the field, I know how frustrating it can be to get good evidence. I've found some great non-castable prints and gotten thermal footage of something that appeared large and bipedal....but with all that...I still can't say 100% that I know they are real.

Super, thanks. And good luck with the book, I like your candor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GuyInIndiana said:

I feel like one of the other fundamental "missing pieces of information" is that fact you can't establish the actual distance the red blob IS from the camera. When the pic overlay is generated, the test person is quite well 'left' of where it was when shot with the thermal, and given we don't know the actual distance to the heat mass, what if it was far closer than assumed, or even further away than expected? I think there's just too much missing data to ever say "here's what we got".

You're absolutely right and I don't think anybody is saying they've got anything here. If the object is closer than we think, there is even less reason for the image to be blooming. If farther, out to say 300 yards, a good thermal imager can easily identify whether it is a human, deer, pig, cow, or hopefully a sasquatch if it's moving .  Was it farther than 300 yards from the thermal imager?  My guess is no but I honestly don't know.

Edited by wiiawiwb

3 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

........Bigfoot TV is a lot like TV wrestling. There is a serious..art/science behind it...but mostly it's just for fun and entertainment.

LOL!.......That there is pretty good signature material! 

BFF Patron
18 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I've watched the thermal video several times and for some reason...the way the leg loops around...it just reminds me of some kind of bird. I can't place my finger on it but the whole thing seems very birdlike to me.

I wonder if there are any emu ranches in the area?     My brother in law raised them and they are constantly escaping their fencing and running around the countryside.   Their skinny bird legs would not have much of a heat signature and the body mass would be very round.    It sure would not be something normal to see in the woods.     I had no idea they were in my area until I found a footprint in the snow in my yard after a snow storm one winter.     You cannot escape a feeling that you are looking at dinosaur tracks when you find one of their footprints.  

Looking at tonight's program guide the main show is 2 hours long.    And following that is a summary show that lasts an hour.   So three hours of the show tonight.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 1

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I wonder if there are any emu ranches in the area?     My brother in law raised them and they are constantly escaping their fencing and running around the countryside.   Their skinny bird legs would not have much of a heat signature and the body mass would be very round.    It sure would not be something normal to see in the woods.     I had no idea they were in my area until I found a footprint in the snow in my yard after a snow storm one winter.     You cannot escape a feeling that you are looking at dinosaur tracks when you find one of their footprints.  

Looking at tonight's program guide the main show is 2 hours long.    And following that is a summary show that lasts an hour.   So three hours of the show tonight.   

^ Wow 3 hours, sure hope they loosen up some.  Large landbird legs would do alot to explain some of that thermal artifact. Heck I thought encountering snakes, bees and elk was about all the risk out there squatching (except rabid animals), gonna do a rethink. 

Edited by bipedalist

Maybe we could make a drinking game out of it.

1 drink every time somebody whispers

1 drink every time a lie is told

1 drinks every time they mysteriously discover some Antone Ranch feature that we already know about (like the mine they are about to explore)

never mind - pretty sure that would result in alcohol poisoning.

FYI - I did see where Antone Ranch got mentioned on that Facebook fan page, but nothing had come of it at the time. I haven't been back to see how things are going since.

BFF Patron

Emu's can kill a man.    Their middle toe can be use to disembowel or cut the femoral artery.     They hate dogs.    Some of their natural enemies are dog like.         If you are out and about with a dog,  and encounter an emu,   control the dog because the emu will go after it.     They make a huge drumming sound that certainly would interest a bigfoot.      That footprint find in my yard really had me going.   I had no idea they were anywhere in the area, and when I realized what it was,  the nearest farm raising them was about 7 miles away.   

Last night I happened on a Mountain Monster - Bigfoot show.      Had not seen it.    One of their points of emphasis are how dangerous they are.    They broached the theory that after the Megafauna of the ice age were killed off by humans,  the stress of that made bigfoot put humans on their menu.   They talked about BF possibly being an evolved gigantopithecus.     Then addressed the fact that large apes that were thought to be vegetarians when they encounter food source stresses, are found to be eating meat.    Perhaps giganto experienced such stress with the land bridge crossing and never gave up on the meat.     Producing all the First Peoples accounts of giant cannibals who steal women and children.   The Europeans have all sorts of depictions of these giant hairy people eating normal humans.     Why it is less common now is a mystery but certainly firearms likely have something to do with it.  They got into E-DNA and featured one young biologist who is accepting samples from people that think they might have some with bigfoot.    I did not catch his name or what university he is at.    I should take notes when watching that stuff.  

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

I'm changing my assessment of the red thermal blobsquatch to giganto-tick on steroids based on new info after seeing the deer run in panic after the disappearance.  Somebody popped that sucker like a John Belushi zit skit in Animal House. 

Edited by bipedalist

My observation is this. Discovery of new species is the bread and butter of field scientist. So, two world renown Primatologist say that something ape like is far from it's home and their like no big deal. The one on teleconference would be flying in by helicopter to beat Mayor to those rights. He acted like so what. I call bull.

• Upvote 1

^^ That's Because they are on a ranch and not in the far out wilderness like they have said in the start.  It is all for entertainment and has nothing to do with finding this creature. All they care about is about the ratings . It is a freaking joke. ^^ The only good parts about this show is the technology that they are using.

That heat signature that they were getting from that blimp was that old truck. It was heated up during the day from the sun . This whole program had a story line that was being followed through out the whole program. .  I hate to really say it but they were all acting. The only good thing is that I have is what I have experience with these creatures.    

7 hours ago, Redbone said:

Maybe we could make a drinking game out of it.

1 drink every time somebody whispers

1 drink every time a lie is told

1 drinks every time they mysteriously discover some Antone Ranch feature that we already know about (like the mine they are about to explore)

never mind - pretty sure that would result in alcohol poisoning.

FYI - I did see where Antone Ranch got mentioned on that Facebook fan page, but nothing had come of it at the time. I haven't been back to see how things are going since.

I added fake drama to my drink list. 10 minutes and I'm 30+ drinks in

952689681_DrunkBF.thumb.jpg.103d248040f140d1227f20fdf2682730.jpg

• Like 1

BFF Patron

Cinnabar, toxic mercury sulfide mine, sending in the drone not a bad idea.  Blue marble moved -7 miles, crows can pick up peanuts in the shell guess they could pick up a blue marble too.  Looked like BF would have to do the army crawl to use that mine but we shall see.  So some of the heat signatures were probably metal roofs and subterranean rocks I'm thinking.  Gotta give the show credit for using helmets and rollbars in their mobile stump jumpers. Grates me when shows propagate safety shortcuts including not using PFD's. 

• Like 1