Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

BFF Patron

Are you sure that is the spanish gulch mine they are showing?  There could be other smaller prospects listed on geology maps of Oregon there as well. According to that mine report referenced it should be fairly close to the stream.  Now they have found another mine tunnel that may interconnect but they seem tiny. Chromium was listed with platinum as well as gold, interesting.  Wonder where the cinnabar idea came from?

Edited by bipedalist

10 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Are you sure that is the spanish gulch mine they are showing?  There could be other smaller prospects listed on geology maps of Oregon there as well. 

The Andrews Mine is on the property. It is also a gold mine.

The Waterman Mine is there also, listed as gold, copper, and lead.

They are all right there within a mile of each other.

1217666935_AntoneMines.jpg.0e126325cecd478d2484d9d7a29e7815.jpg

BFF Patron

Looks like it is riddled with mines and prospect tunnels then. 

Laughing out loud BF tossed a fecalstorm of electrical bad mojo at the mine drone!

Looks like a cedar branch nest may be within the interconnected shaft tunnels

The Post Production long distance video of a biped seems as if it is along a sunlit road.  Inconclusive. hardly the best ever footage seen in this show. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Haha 1

I was  extremely surprised that they were so shocked to find an old settlement/houses/cemetery and mines.  I have come across old foundations and cemeteries in the woods.  Shouldn't have been such a big mystery to them.  I also couldn't believe they were crawling into the mine without masks/respirators, gloves, etc.  I was disappointed with the show, they seem like nice people though. The equipment malfunctions were interesting.  I had been wondering what would happen to the drone, I would have tied a string to it for retrieval. Also, the skull in the swamp, was that so unusual?  I wouldn't think it outstandingly odd.

• Upvote 1

My DVR only recorded the one hour show at the regular time, just finished watching it and honestly had a hard time staying awake. So, they find this cinnabar mine and have big drama because Dr. Mayor and Ronny are out of touch. So they are very concerned about contamination, paralysis, etc., and the next big theory is, bigfoot is hiding out in this mine. Am I missing something here, is bigfoot immune to mercury poisining?

Found a blog about looking for abandoned cinnabar mines in Oregon here:

https://nostoneunturnedadventures.com/2015/10/22/ochoco-forest-oregon-cinnabar-mines/

You can view it from above, below and inside. One of the things I found most interesting was the nests. There were nests of every shape and size and in every possible corner. You can see them in the door picture above. The only evidence of wildlife I saw though was a little mouse, packrat, chipmunk, squirrel, looking at me from a rafter above.  He seemed way too small to have made this…

First photo (monochrome) is of the door with nest above, second (color) is the larger nest mentioned.

img_3582-e1504573484427.thumb.jpg.499905eafdbd6f82dd024de36630a3da.jpgimg_3568-e1504573471989.jpg.4373db1b91cee36c964b75b29282828c.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The picture of the little Bigfoot by Warm Springs member seemed to have tiny arms and a very round head, reminded me of the Golden Ears Prov Park shot of the Ringo Starr beatle-cut squatch though.

Edited by bipedalist

I thought the final episode was terrible.

Kudos to 7.62 who I think had it correct when he said he thought their thermal imager was a Pulsar Accolade. I had someone who is an expert in thermals look at the video and say it was a Pulsar for sure and, given it native magnification of 2.5, likely an XP50. I originally thought Russell had two thermals--the one on the tripod and the binoculars. Now, I'm convinced he only had the binoculars as that unit can accommodate a tripod and can also link with a smart phone which we saw him do.

Did you catch near the end they said they've found another location their data analytics have determined looks promising. Can we say season two?

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I think their analytics are 1) Close to the road

2) Anywhere with grass trees and water

Edited by bipedalist
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Did you catch near the end they said they've found another location their data analytics have determined looks promising. Can we say season two?

Even if it's not nearly as promising as season 1? It wouldn't matter. I think I know why Dr. Mayor didn't answer my email........ ;) 

Edited by hiflier

I just hope they don't come to this side of the state! Don't need them messing with my locations!

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I think their analytics are 1) Close to the road

2) Anywhere with grass trees and water

Hey, I think that's my modus operandi!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, DuneBeast said:

Nest in the mine?

Yep, and they plucked hairs off the drone apparently after it emerged and two of those hairs had no medulla they said in post production results interview.  The larger nest in one of the abandoned homestead buildings looked to be from a large varmint or bird such as a weasel or vulture, still trying to figure that elevated one out that had tons of moss, hay/dead grasses and greenery in it. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Yep, and they plucked hairs off the drone apparently after it emerged and two of those hairs had no medulla they said in post production results interview.  The larger nest in one of the abandoned homestead buildings looked to be from a large varmint or bird such as a weasel or vulture, still trying to figure that elevated one out that had tons of moss, hay/dead grasses and greenery in it. 

Saw a lot of green cedar tree "bedding" deep in that tunnel...interesting. Could those two human type hairs been on the drone prior to it going in? Could the hairs be from the drone operator? A lot of unanswered questions remain...

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Even if it's not nearly as promising as season 1? It wouldn't matter. I think I know why Dr. Mayor didn't answer my email........ ;) 

Yeah but you don't have to lug all those toys around and require a NASCAR stump jumper for show.  I think they should get closer to Idaho State next year, like in Jeff Meldrum's parking space. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Haha 1