Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I haven't seen the show yet, but it sounds like I need to just to get a gander at this Dr. Mayor. She sounds hot.

Fecund as all get out, too.

Do you think she knows what causes that?

1 hour ago, Airdale said:

For anyone not familiar with it that would like to watch a good cryptid production, check out Josh Gates' "Expedition Unknown: Hunt for the Yeti". It's a four part series with some real adventure, humor, altitude sickness and even following a trackway through a blizzard in Bhutan until a pack of wolves intervenes. It's availablel on Amazon Prime.

In less than three months, one of my sasquatching buddies is going to Kathmandu and doing the hike up to Everest base camp. essentially, the same one Josh Gates did.

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I haven't seen the show yet, but it sounds like I need to just to get a gander at this Dr. Mayor. She sounds hot.

Heavily armed women are attractive.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, bipedalist said:

At least some that have sold out have had some borderline acting skills such as, "There's something on the hill!" Moneymaker and "animated Cliff" Barackman.  They were not stiffs with deer in the headlights delayed reaction times.  Granted first year productions are not gonna be Oscar/Emmy level material generally in reality or unreality TV as you see fit to call it.  Maybe they will jet off into the sunset at the end of the last episode, that would be good entertainment.  

Sorry, but selling out is selling out and Finding Bigfoot was a monotonous, repetitive POS that never found anything. If anything it exposed otherwise local researcher's areas to universal knowledge essentially compromising them. And MM is a tool, always has been.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Not disageeing except this cast never even smiles or laughs, too stiff, without BFRO database FB had nothing. EB obfuscates but does blow their wad on tech and some people eat that up, the show had nothing without that except being a sciency ghost show. When you sign on with them and become accepted you know what you are getting unless you make it clear, if you have a research area and want your area nonpublic and not in the database so that is a good thought. I got some help from them but am not a member. Hard to even listen to MM I know.

Edited by bipedalist

13 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I R is usually used in conjunction with night vision I thought, not thermal, that was how they were filming production wise like in Finding Bigfoot with the IR backpack frame

Night-vision technology magnifies every speck of light to enable you to see in the dark You can enhance what you are seeing with the use of an IR illuminator particularly on nights that are cloudy or there is no moon.  We've suspected that a sasquatch can avoid trail cams by somehow detecting IR. If true, that's why night vision would be a poor choice for use for what we do.

Thermal detects heat emitted from everything around you to develop a picture. It is a vastly-superior technology for what we do particularly at the price point most of us are willing to spend.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Yep, thermal is the way to go (without the red hot setting).  I only used NV in the days before I had nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Yep, thermal is the way to go (without the red hot setting).  I only used NV in the days before I had nothing else. 

It's good to have both if you can but  If my focus is all detection thermal is the way to go.Night vision is good for navigation through the woods .

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

It's good to have both if you can but  If my focus is all detection thermal is the way to go.Night vision is good for navigation through the woods .

This.  

If you are trying to move through the woods at night while also documenting activity, night vision is the way to go.

Bust out the thermal when you come to a stop.  

Move for bit with night vision, pause, scan with night vision and thermal, then back to night vision to move.  

When you get activity, go thermal.

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Red hot is notoriously unreliable in my opinion. I never use it so I don't have a lot of experience with it.  You would think the red blob's surface temperature would have to be hotter than the deer, right?  What we don't know is whether the thermal was recording in red hot then got switched to white hot to record the deer. Pulsar gives you a color palette from which to choose, let's say red hot. The default is white hot so the mere press of a button allows you to instantly switch between red hot and white hot. Was that done?

Here is a video recorded in red hot of a guy walking and the palms of his hands are red yet his arms are white.  Why are his arms so white?  If we could be certain the deer wasn't shot in white hot then we can make some assumptions about the surface temperature of the red blob and that of the deer.    

I watched the redblob / white deer segment again last night.    I had thought I could see both in the same scene but it might have been edited and spliced together and I could not see both in the same screen.    So it is possible that Russel did switch settings.     One thing we can be sure of is that they do a lot of editing to fit their story lines.  

18 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Fecund as all get out, too.

Do you think she knows what causes that?

As a highly educated person, I'm assuming she does, which lends me to believe that she likes doing it.;)

16 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Heavily armed women are attractive.

As are fecund ones. :rolleyes:

BFF Patron

That sure looks like a young her.     Huntster,   I assume you are using the second meaning of the word fecund.     I had to look it up.      " Intellectually productive or inventive to a marked degree"    not the one that means she is like a bunny.   ;)    Of course the picture does show she has a history in the entertainment field.   

Edited by SWWASAS