Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

32 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

You have piqued my interest! :D

Kudos on proper spelling of "piqued!"

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

STOP! You bleed!

Release the wit!

The LAST thing I want to see is video of his junk.

BFF Patron

They have eggsacks?     Reptilian?    No wonder they don't show well on thermal.    They assume environmental temperature.   :D

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

They have eggsacks?     Reptilian?    No wonder they don't show well on thermal.    They assume environmental temperature.   :D

:O Oh no! Not THAT! A cold-blooded Sasquatch? If that's the case then we are in deep doo-doo. Worse than that, who in their right mind is going to buy a used BF thermal imager with nothing on it?

Hmmm. IDEA! Buy a thermal imager, get a video with a Sasquatch on it, sell the thermal imager- with the video still inside- for DOUBLE. Buy two imagers with the money, get a Sasquatch video on each, and then sell each of those for double.....And just keep going.....

We'll all be rich!! ;) 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Did you see where it got so cold in Florida that the iguanas were getting lethargic due cold and falling out of the trees?     The only way that round red blob in the supposed bigfoot thermal image in Expedition Bigfoot could have been a bigfoot is if they are nuclear powered.    That might explain why they are so strong, fast, and don't bleed when they are shot.    Not that I believe in the android theory but it is out there.  Hmmm   Maybe I should have a geiger counter in my field equipment list?    

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Did you see where it got so cold in Florida that the iguanas were getting lethargic due cold and falling out of the trees? 

True story. And some peeps were eating them...BBQ'd...

BFF Patron

Sure a lot easier to catch like that!

On 2/4/2020 at 8:16 AM, Huntster said:

1) Beautiful ranch. @60 square miles. It's probably better managed land than public lands, too, much like the difference between a rich man's mansion and grounds compared to public housing. I'm really glad such lands exist, and actually exist in abundance in America. It is land like this where a species like sasquatches might find top quality refuge.

2) The habitat just doesn't look like prime sasquatch habitat like a coastal rainforest probably is. If they exist there, I would highly opine that it is transitory. But what a great migratory or movement route it would be.

3) Landowners like those owning this ranch, whether a corporation or family, would have a high motive for keeping sasquatch presence secret. The very last thing such a landowner would want would be to allow government bureaucracy a toehold of authority on their lands. They have a huge investment and future to protect.

4) Considering these thoughts, I'm more interested than ever about why such landowners would allow the filming of this series on their lands. You have personal experience with this, Beans, having filmed a sasquatch hunt on a very large private land holding like this. The first big noticeable difference between your film and this one us that you filmed in the extremely difficult area of a very remote coastal rainforest. The second most notable difference is that you filmed on aboriginal lands. If you paid an access fee at all, my bet is that it was peanuts compared to what the Travel Channel paid. And the Natives have a different perspective on sasquatchery than corporate style landowners.

I could go on, but my further thoughts can't compare to yours. What are your thoughts on this?

It took a bit of finagling to get permission to go there. I'm not sure if Stephen had to pay or not...I don't think he did. I know he said it took him over a year of asking to get them to say yes.

• Upvote 1

You guys did an awesome job tracking down where this was all filmed.  What sucks is that i thought that there might be some legitimacy to the show but, as usual, that turns out not to be the case .  Having said that, i still enjoyed the show for what it was.  It got me back into discussing the topic again.  All things considered, if the show does that for others, it at least did something good for the BF community.

1 hour ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

It took a bit of finagling to get permission to go there. I'm not sure if Stephen had to pay or not...I don't think he did. I know he said it took him over a year of asking to get them to say yes.

Now you've "peaked" my interest. Oh, wait.....

Here's a post just a few hours ago on Facebook, where a guy named "Mike" apparently wrote to the guy who identifies himself as a BF researcher at in the email reply to Mike, and where he's located. He claims HE is the one who pointed the show's producers to the ranch.

"Mike Waggoner_ZvGTxrlsmm.png Here’s the email I got:
Hi Mike. Thank you for your question and willingness to get to the source and not spread rumors.

It is definitely not my ranch. I live in tiny RV designed to respond to Bigfoot reports! The ranch where they filmed is Antone Ranch, a Bed and Breakfast type rental ranch. You can look up on the internet: https://www.antoneranch.com/ The producers of the show contacted me months before they started shooting, asking about possible squatch hotspots, where they shoot, etc. I told them that the southern area of the Blue Mountains was their best bet because the snow levels would be lowest during their specified shooting window.

With that information, the producers found the ranch, which worked well for them because it had a place for them to stay and the woods nearby. The whole show was shot on the ranch. A lot of the finds like the old truck, the mine, and the lake are all tourist attractions on the ranch. They interviewed me for the show but didn't air any of that footage, more than likely because I refused to "verify" a lot of their "finds".

Every reality show has very little reality in it. I totally understand that they needed to hype a lot of stuff to make the show viable, but to be honest, they had nothing. The only really interesting thing they showed me during the interview was that thermal hit and I don't even know if that was real. They didn't interview me until 2 weeks after they finished shooting. Yes, they talked to Dr. Meldrum...2 weeks after they talked to me. I know this because I was with Dr. Meldrum during the weeks in between and we talked about it! So, with all that said, I can tell you this: the deep woods? A tourist ranch. The fancy computer algorithm? My information about snow levels and squatch reports in the area. Their findings? Established tourist attractions at the Antone Ranch that you can see on the ranch's website.

I hope I addressed your concern adequately; personally, I was pretty disappointed in the producers and the entire show. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

Scot Violette
Baker City, OR 97814
541-403-4616

www.squatchoregon.com

• Upvote 2