Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

50 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Exactly.  With the show established as fake and contrived (even that FB fan page referred to earlier by GuyInIndiana has turned on it) her participation has to hurt.  She is only 47 so its gonna follow her around for a while.  She should have studied the example of Ranae Holland for how to be a enthusiastic participant and remain grounded and skeptical.  The BF community people in the show can just brush it off, it is not like they have to return to skeptical professional circles like she does.

I just checked out the Facebook page. It looks a lot different than it did a few days ago. :popcorn:

escalated.jpg.758232c08220f44cdcc5f26a905a8d24.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7.62 said:

So that's it   

I watched the ending episode late last night .

So they were 100% convinced they were in an active area and had interactions with this creature  and even got it on thermal but the 21 days was up

with the  algorithm so they called it a day and went home.

That's exactly what I would have done . Yup 

No need to stay longer if the  algorithm says it's over.

When you do these sort of things, it is funded and supported by the production company in contract with the network.  

They wanted a 21 day investigation, so they paid for a 21 day investigation.  Of course, we don't even know that they were there for 21 days.  They could have shot for a week and edited together a show.  

At the end of the day, the producers are not interested in gathering evidence of Bigfoot.  They are interested in cobbling together a few minutes of television that is interesting enough to make people tune in....all so they can have cat food companies pay them for advertising.  

It's necessarily good or bad.  It's just how it is....

Now, if they found some super compelling evidence right at the end, I could possibly see the producers quickly drawing up new contracts and trying to extend out their time on site...if they thought that they could get compelling marketable television.  However, obviously they didn't do that.

I believe that Madison has spoken about her history with the entertainment industry, so she could speak on it better than I could...but, there is a lot that goes into making a show.  Contracts with the talent, contracts with the support staff, permission from the property owners, insurance, the equipment, what is next on their production schedule, when the show needs to be complete for editing/post production/marketing, etc.

The real question is...were the participants, especially the scientist, so compelled by the evidence that they returned on their own to continue the search because they felt that discovery was imminent?  It doesn't sound like they did.

30 minutes ago, Redbone said:

I just checked out the Facebook page. It looks a lot different than it did a few days ago. :popcorn:

escalated.jpg.758232c08220f44cdcc5f26a905a8d24.jpg

Synopsis for those of us who are not on Facebook?  Have the pitchforks come out?

19 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Synopsis for those of us who are not on Facebook?  Have the pitchforks come out?

The word is out on Antone Ranch. The show is being called out a bit in memes. Pretty sure you can see it all without being logged into facebook.

I see some things there that would not be allowed here.

2 hours ago, 7.62 said:

There's no question she's legit with a resume to back it up but she got caught up in hollywood now

Here's yet another example of why never to trust a lawyer, cop, reporter, or Hollywood producer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

At the end of the day, the producers are not interested in gathering evidence of Bigfoot.  They are interested in cobbling together a few minutes of television that is interesting enough to make people tune in....all so they can have cat food companies pay them for advertising.  

Yes! Depending on how complicated the show is, there are months of prep, then shooting it, then wrap. I'd guess 3-6 months went into these few weeks. 

"Bigfooting" in Hollywood is entertainment not research. If someone was truly interested in filming research beyond the YouTube level like most folks can do, you'd have to be self funded and create your own production - but you'd still be on YouTube. Or, make the show on your own dime, and then try to sell the whole thing as a web series or something.

I know studio production. I am not familiar with web and indy production. Most of that began after I left 16 years ago, and the industry is growing exponentially. I'm sure SAG, the DGA and WGA are having kittens trying to keep up, lol,  with the legalities and technologies!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Redbone said:

The word is out on Antone Ranch. The show is being called out a bit in memes. Pretty sure you can see it all without being logged into facebook.

Oof.

They are not kind to the doctor's pre-show cosmetic surgery/procedures on some of those pages.

BFF Patron

I got thinking that if I just had an algorithm I could fill up my merit badge sash with all the events you are supposed to have when you experience bigfoot.   I flunked the test yesterday when I could not even name all of them.       When you get all of them, do you get your bigfoot researcher Eagle Badge?     That and 10 bucks will get you coffee at most Starbucks.   

I don't think a show with a solo Dr Mayor is a good idea.    She may be packing, but as a small woman she is cougar bait.    Besides you need other people for comic relief in a TV series.  Ronnie was priceless explaining about bigfoots attraction to cemeteries.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Say whatever one likes about her physically, but there's no question she has done the hard work. I hope this was fun for here because IMHO she has earned the right to have some fun. Outside of that? From the things I've read here, I'm glad I passed on the show.

Correct on the algorithm. As SWWASAS and others have mentioned, though, they seemed to have gotten a lot of the trace evidence in a short amount of time. So are we being duped> I mean we've never needed algorithms before. But then no one I know of has had all of the experiences EB has had in one sitting either. So, who knows.

Its the latest gimmick in my opinion

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

As far as hair samples go there are many things that can be determined about the animal if the species is unidentifiable. Diet for one and environmental exposures of chemicals. With these they may determine the general locality it inhabits. Are there certain drugs in it's system from municipal water supplies ? Many things can be determined. Why don't we here of this?

DeWalt, I suspect the issue is associated with the requests that are made going in to the analysis. If a request is made that raises the broader issues you are highlighting, then the analysis that comes out may be able to report on at least some of these things. In my experience there is not enough specificity going in, and submitters rely on the experience of the tester to know what to look for. That experience may or may not be there.

• Like 1

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, DeWalt said:

As far as hair samples go there are many things that can be determined about the animal if the species is unidentifiable. Diet for one and environmental exposures of chemicals. With these they may determine the general locality it inhabits. Are there certain drugs in it's system from municipal water supplies ? Many things can be determined. Why don't we here of this?

We have, the late researcher Bill Dranginis, of Northern Virginia, was involved in sharing info about unique lice associated with BF hair; others have done mineral analysis and analysis of uncut hair endings, probably Dranginis too. He was a researcher extraordinaire and passed in an untimely way.  Cutting edge, with his own sighting with an FBI agent witness.  Not that the latter means anything in this day and age. 

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

When you do these sort of things, it is funded and supported by the production company in contract with the network.  

They wanted a 21 day investigation, so they paid for a 21 day investigation.  Of course, we don't even know that they were there for 21 days.  They could have shot for a week and edited together a show.  

It's necessarily good or bad.  It's just how it is....

Now, if they found some super compelling evidence right at the end, I could possibly see the producers quickly drawing up new contracts and trying to extend out their time on site...if they thought that they could get compelling marketable television.  However, obviously they didn't do that.

I believe that Madison has spoken about her history with the entertainment industry, so she could speak on it better than I could...but, there is a lot that goes into making a show.  Contracts with the talent, contracts with the support staff, permission from the property owners, insurance, the equipment, what is next on their production schedule, when the show needs to be complete for editing/post production/marketing, etc.

The real question is...were the participants, especially the scientist, so compelled by the evidence that they returned on their own to continue the search because they felt that discovery was imminent?  It doesn't sound like they did.

No the real question is who researched the property for a decade to give them a lead

Edited by bipedalist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
7 hours ago, zeebob889 said:

Its the latest gimmick in my opinion

More than a gimmick they are just spinning off of the fruits of our own SSR and other databases.  If you don't peruse all of the databases you don't get a feel for who, what, where, when.  I was able to coble a sighting out of using these resources, others should too without waving a magic wand and spreading fairy dust algorithm fantasies. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

We have, the late researcher Bill Dranginis, of Northern Virginia, was involved in sharing info about unique lice associated with BF hair.......

Rob Alley reported that the hair analysis conducted by the Alaska Crime Lab in Anchorage on hair found at the Eric Muench nest on POW Island found a unique lice that was similar to Asian lice found on monkeys.

6 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Rob Alley reported that the hair analysis conducted by the Alaska Crime Lab in Anchorage on hair found at the Eric Muench nest on POW Island found a unique lice that was similar to Asian lice found on monkeys.

Ok...so where is the follow up from someone credible to bring this into the light?

This is the freaking problem with all of this.

Edited by NatFoot

BFF Patron
9 hours ago, Redbone said:

@Huntster

I wouldn't move too quickly into that universe (Mayor), however (at least not without protection). 

Doug Willard on that forum has got to be a chicken farmer in SC, just sayin'  

They slice and dice Bobo and FB.  There are many stalwart defenders of the show. 

Mayor had to play the foil, she did well for year one.  Gave the show a 1/100 on the humanity scale which was higher than it would have been without her. 

Facebook is tame/lame compared to twitter

Edited by bipedalist