Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

And yes, friends send me articles that I have already read long ago quoting high profile "researchers" that I don't trust.

This is the most saddest part to me. When you want to move on and getting dozen new questions on the road, people around you are watching movies about yeti in Himalayan 50 years ago, or news about new tracks somewhere... and over and over. Nobody care about your question - what is bigfoot? How does it do what it does, and why. 
Thank you BFF! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AlisonV said:

This is the most saddest part to me. When you want to move on and getting dozen new questions on the road, people around you are watching movies about yeti in Himalayan 50 years ago, or news about new tracks somewhere... and over and over. Nobody care about your question - what is bigfoot? How does it do what it does, and why. 
Thank you BFF! 

We can't expect the general public to be educated at all on BF. The onus is on us.

Shit, there are still thousands of people on Reddit, who have searched and found the bigfoot subreddit, that still believe that the PGF is a known and admitted fake.

Edited to add: "I'm not crazy, you are."

Edited by NatFoot

This is one of my favorite quotes from Margaret Mead. It helps me stay the course :) :

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

.........."Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I have often in my past struggled to achieve my goals in opposition to authority only to find that authority was right and I was selfishly blind.

Like my own father, I am growing to understand that sasquatches are better left alone. The only desirable "discovery" for them are personal ones for the Homo sapiens. "Discovery" by the world is the force feeding to sasquatches of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. 

Maybe it is The Creator Himself who has kept them innocent from us, not government?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

There are those who believe that some Higher Authority has a hand in most everything. And even though it is not my belief? Who am I to dispute it.

Edited by hiflier

I've always said I want things to stay exactly as they are. I do NOT want a formal recognition of sasquatch.  It will spell doom for them.  Humans can't protect elephants, rhinoceros, male lions,  bengal tigers, silverbacks, and more. The list goes on and on. I hope the body never arrives for science to finally recognize. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It's because of greed. Pure and simple. Protecting animals costs money. The kickbacks from the black market in exchange for silence are seductive. Who knows what is happening to Sasquatches because of silence. I for one do not wish to stand by and think, or even hope, that they are alright. My gut tells me they are not. There are those just too greedy who are in control of the Bigfoot situation on both sides of the coin.

Something needs to break the lock on information or NO decisions to either leave them alone to their fate or do something to hold back the pressure on habitat from all manner resource extraction and encroachment. For that is something that hasn't and will not stop. How can anything like a remedy, or even an assessment, of the situation be done without verification of existence. So far there has been little to stop or slow the corporate pressures on the environment despite our supposedly wonderful environmental protection statutes.

Economically, discovery would be a disaster. I'm talking PUBLIC knowledge of discovery. It's not a PacNW problem. It's a North America problem. It's why I choose to think bigger and more long term. Sasquatch is potentially only one of many victims. So my philosophy has come to this: IF the creatures are dwindling then they may be at risk for dwindling a little more with discovery. I would rather that than have them disappear altogether by being sidelined, with many other animals, by greed.

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

I've always said I want things to stay exactly as they are. I do NOT want a formal recognition of sasquatch.  It will spell doom for them.  Humans can't protect elephants, rhinoceros, male lions,  bengal tigers, silverbacks, and more. The list goes on and on. I hope the body never arrives for science to finally recognize. 

Apparently humans can’t hunt or effectively find BF so they have that going for them! :lol:

I’m all for proper classification and study of the animal.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In these woods, it's only a dog, me and my wife.

She believes in Sasquatch having heard the tree knocks and been growled at down the back of her neck when out in the forest when nothing was there at all.

She thinks they are inter-dimensional and prolly nephelim. (spelling?)

So I am free to talk squatch in the house.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Apparently humans can’t hunt or effectively find BF so they have that going for them!........

As long as the majority of homo sapiens (especially men, and even more especially those who hunt and those who have no problem committing crimes) don't accept their existence, yes, they have that going for them.

Proclaim their existence to the world, and then start taking political and legal measures to ensure their preservation and even their basic human rights (if they are determined to be hominid), and perhaps that won't be going for them quite as well as before.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Just the opposite . My family members believe in the mythical beast. I am the skeptic who doubts their existence. 

No specimen means .No existence. No book,film,foot prints or eyewitnesses holds up  to scrutiny. 

I've noticed you never miss a single chance to use the word "mythical".

But as a scientist what have you done to see if the creature really exists outside of being here promoting "mythical"? In the spirit of that question, you have said you have friends who are biologists. Do you think any of them would be open to the idea of using e-DNA to put the issue to rest. It could ultimately bring you to a position of certainty beyond only having an opinion that it doesn't exist. Oh yes, P-G, this is me challenging you. I don't have biology friends or I would have asked them a long time ago. So sure, I'm taking advantage of your connections. But I would do that if I knew any biologists but since I don't, I'm singling you out because you do.

Of course, if any other members here know biologists then the question would go out to you as well. Denying is easy. Taking action isn't. If there is a biologist who also knows and is willing to test samples then that would be even better. Especially a biologist who really wants to know the answer but also knows that the procedure needs to be covert. And I mean C-O-V-E-R-T. And everyone here pretty much knows why.

I have been guilty of just talking about this myself. But I am on the verge of trying to re-connect with the F&W biologist in my state, who I spoke to last May, for the same reason. Because I am 100% CONVINCED it is the best, safest, most accurate, most nonintrusive, approach available to us for discovery. So why not go for it.   

Edited by hiflier

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I am kind of with you.  The kind of quasi-state we are in today may be best.  My best guess is that the government is working behind the scenes to protect them as best as possible.  My wish list  includes making it very illegal to hunt/shoot them, expand their habitat as much as possible, and simply leave them alone.  Honestly, the best thing that could happen is if there was never another Bigfoot-related show.  BF-tourism has to end.

4 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

.  My wish list  includes making it very illegal to hunt/shoot them, expand their habitat as much as possible

It's everyone's wish NCBFr, it really and truly IS. But that wish list isn't going to appear out of the goodness of someone's heart. It was President Theodore Roosevelt's wish, too, but what was initially thought of and implemented has been slowly chiseled away over time and I don't see that chiseling slowing down. If anything more territory is being mandated for harvesting resources than ever before.

I wholly wish things would slow down, stop, or get put into reverse but it just isn't happening. The corporate taking of what used to belong to everyone is in full swing with no end in sight. I'm pretty sure there are people and groups fighting to reverse the trend but I also think it's too late. There's too  much wealth and power behind the course things have been taking. No other creature has stopped anything for the last nearly 40 years. Sasquatch MUST be recognized or I fear there will be none of them left to discover. I know, I know, sounds melodramatic and dire, but greed has NO built in conscience. It feeds on itself and has become a virtual juggernaut in everyone's lives including Bigfoot's.

It's why I take this subject so seriously. Because it's not just about Bigfoot, it's about all of us. If history is any teacher, then it is SELF-EVIDENT that greed will go until it self destructs and takes everyone with it.   

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

I've noticed you never miss a single chance to use the word "mythical".

But as a scientist what have you done to see if the creature really exists outside of being here promoting "mythical"? In the spirit of that question, you have said you have friends who are biologists. Do you think any of them would be open to the idea of using e-DNA to put the issue to rest. It could ultimately bring you to a position of certainty beyond only having an opinion that it doesn't exist. Oh yes, P-G, this is me challenging you. I don't have biology friends or I would have asked them a long time ago. So sure, I'm taking advantage of your connections. But I would do that if I knew any biologists but since I don't, I'm singling you out because you do.

Of course, if any other members here know biologists then the question would go out to you as well. Denying is easy. Taking action isn't. If there is a biologist who also knows and is willing to test samples then that would be even better. Especially a biologist who really wants to know the answer but also knows that the procedure needs to be covert. And I mean C-O-V-E-R-T. And everyone here pretty much knows why.

I have been guilty of just talking about this myself. But I am on the verge of trying to re-connect with the F&W biologist in my state, who I spoke to last May, for the same reason. Because I am 100% CONVINCED it is the best, safest, most accurate, most nonintrusive, approach available to us for discovery. So why not go for it.   

Just curious, as a retiree hiflier, what have you actually done, besides publish a book, RV across the nation in the guise of BF research, engage in an email campaign to politicize BF  and engage in forum banter ad infinitum to wrangle people into your camp?  It is not cool to propagate the conditions under which a member is accepted and chooses to participates here!  Moods do not count!  Pro=kill is just what is sounds like.--the end of the line for a cognizant being.  It is more than a gorilla, have you asked Jane Goodall to support your efforts, why just F&G? 

• Upvote 1