Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Could be.  

All those tales of the Smithsonian vanishing the remains of American giants might have some truth to them.

When the giant skeletons were shipped off to the Smithsonian in the late 1800s  the Smithsonian leadership was still heavily invested in the Manifest Destiny Principals and quite religious compared to modern scientists.     Explaining American Giants associated with the Mound Culture was difficult for someone with that background who did not want to recognize advanced civilization in North America because that was contrary to the Manifest Destiny Idea.        Now the explanations might point to religious beliefs about giants expressed in ancient texts  and be even more difficult for a modern scientist to ignore.     Could it be that the institution has no interest in looking at American giants both then and now?    

Edited by SWWASAS

Manifest Destiny by definition promoted expansion into North America as something theologically preordained and therefore inevitable. The remnants of giants from a more advanced previous civilization would have run counter to allowing any freedom conjured up the greedy ones in decimating the "savages" inhabiting their "promised" territory without guilt.  

9 hours ago, georgerm said:

Do you still visit the site? 

This situation is one of the best for collecting evidence. 

How many bigfoots were there?

Sure I have been studying the area fore 11 years. I can't really speak to the other questions.

21 hours ago, 7.62 said:

The habber's and the ones  who say they speak to them with their minds I've watched on some youtube channels all seem looney , everyone of them.

I don't believe any of them.

Agreed.  When Les Stroud came out and began openly discussing mindspeak...it caught me off guard.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, bipedalist said:

Well Moneymaker finally posted one up a day or two after it happened 1/31 or 2/1/20:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=64024

VERY near GSMNP and Fontana Lake and Nantahala River area of Wesser, NC home of the NOC one of my old stomping grounds and annual trout fishing expedition destinations

Thanks to @Cliff Barackman

for tweeting this up

The couple turned around and the same 8-9 ft tall BF was still standing in an area where it could be seen and observed.  This is among the biggest BF that I have heard of in NC

I know this area, and know another dusk sighting on the river by fishermen occurred in the past somewhere on that same road or nearby.  I would imagine @BlackRockBigfoot is trying to smoke it out as we talk.  I know the general vicinity and have traveled down this road and it is beautiful but pretty far rural and some tough driving with not the best paved roads.  I asked my friend if he wanted to fish the Little Tenn. tomorrow, I doubt I  will get a response after forwarding him the sighting. Since it will be a bright sunshiny day and I haven't been in the area for awhile I am going to do some Monday driving

@bipedalist

Thanks for the heads up on this recent sighting.  We haven't been into that exact area before.  It is about 2 hours out from us.  We are going to see about getting up there over the next few days and check it out.

BFF Patron

@BlackRockBigfoot

It is distant but doable for me but I forgot I had a doctors appointment the other morning so didn't jump.

I think it is an example of BF making a move during or before big weather moves in, supposed to get all flood like in few days. I'm going to scan local properties/forests on maps and see likely forest roads and elevations before I do something stupid. Still recovering from some bushwhacking this past weekend. Good luck.

18 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

........Could it be that the institution has no interest in looking at American giants both then and now?    

Oh, I'm confident that they want to know all about it.

They just don't want you and I to know about it..........

16 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

......When Les Stroud came out and began openly discussing mindspeak...it caught me off guard.  

I think that the term and concept of "mindspeak" is sometimes confused or poorly referred to. I like to look at it in terms of what we know regarding dog and horse whisperers. It might be just a good understanding of a particular species body and behavioral language.

Of course, I admit that there are people talking about "mindspeak" precisely as it is conceived, and I also reject that. I just want to give potential "understanding" the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Oh, I'm confident that they want to know all about it.

They just don't want you and I to know about it..........

I think that the term and concept of "mindspeak" is sometimes confused or poorly referred to. I like to look at it in terms of what we know regarding dog and horse whisperers. It might be just a good understanding of a particular species body and behavioral language.

Of course, I admit that there are people talking about "mindspeak" precisely as it is conceived, and I also reject that. I just want to give potential "understanding" the benefit of the doubt.

Stroud flat out said that he experienced what he believed to be telepathic communication with a Sasquatch

Depending on what is "transmitted," I see it as a possible refinement of the "sense I'm being watched" That can be a very palpable feeling, experienced without conscious sensory input. How far of a mental stretch is it to reduce said feeling to a word or 4 strung together?? Claims that a BF telepathically taught me basket weaving--well, I'd be a bit skeptical, but who am I to say. I stay cautiously open minded, especially given we've no idea what we are dealing with nor the limits of our consciousness.

20 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

When the giant skeletons were shipped off to the Smithsonian in the late 1800s  the Smithsonian leadership was still heavily invested in the Manifest Destiny Principals and quite religious compared to modern scientists.     Explaining American Giants associated with the Mound Culture was difficult for someone with that background who did not want to recognize advanced civilization in North America because that was contrary to the Manifest Destiny Idea.        Now the explanations might point to religious beliefs about giants expressed in ancient texts  and be even more difficult for a modern scientist to ignore.     Could it be that the institution has no interest in looking at American giants both then and now?    

I'm sure many are familiar with JW Powell's paper. It seems it's still the order of the day-- There is nothing but what we already know.

"With regard to the mounds so widely scattered between the two oceans, it may also be said that mound-building tribes were known in the early history of discovery of this continent, and that the vestiges of art discovered do not excel in any respect the arts of the Indian tribes known to history. There is, therefore, no reason for us to search for an extra-limital origin through lost tribes for the arts discovered in the mounds of North America."

ON LIMITATIONS TO THE USE OF SOME ANTHROPOLOGIC DATA.

by J.W. POWELL.

BFF Patron

I think it so strange that young archeologists go off to Egypt to study ancient civilizations when the ones here have so little known about them.    I think I know part of the reason for ignoring the Mound Culture but I cannot get into it here because it involves religion.    There is something there that archaeologists want no part of. 

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Stroud flat out said that he experienced what he believed to be telepathic communication with a Sasquatch

I can't accept such silliness.

• Upvote 1