The Ketchum Report

Jerry- I've gone on record, already stating that I dont see how any finding of this report solves the "existence" question...

I've said from the beginning that I suspected it would come back in some form- that wound up being once again inconclusive. (unknown species/part human/etc- as past results have).

The whole thing is based on samples that come from what? It's kind of hard to say where a chunk of meat, or hairs, or a tooth came from- when you dont have the actual body that it came from.

I have my personal belief about the existence of an unknown hairy biped, but its not based on any part of this whole situation.

As to what the report will say? To be honest, I havent a clue, nor do I assign it much importance in my daily life. The sun will still come up in the East, and my day will continue pretty much the same no matter what it says.

I am not expecting some "Earth shattering" result or outcome to be quite honest.

Is that definitive enough?

Art

I go away and leave you guys for 5 minutes and look what happens.......

After an unedifying night of premature "smug-mode" (anyone here a fan of Red Dwarf?) and lobbing of stones over the barricades, all triggered by something and nothing, 3 people (or groups of people) in my view emerge with credit.

Firstly, the calm and sensible Bill Munns, who summed everything up thoughtfully and neatly, and avoided any of the nonsense. Well done Bill. If I'd been awake I hope I would have written something very similar.

Secondly, our Moderators, who showed an amazing degree of tolerance, warned when necessary, and kept the show going forwards......

Finally, the big winners of the night were those people who read the thread and chose not to post. Wisdom: you can't teach it.

There are some people who have placed on permanent record comments that may well come back to haunt them. There are people who have said things they shouldn't have said. Then there are hundreds more people who are thinking "Is this really why I am on the BFF? If people can behave like this over an old video abstract, what the hell is it going to be like when the results are actually published?"

Mike

SSR Team

I'll accept your first sentence, if you say so. Second sentence, more skeptic bashing. You don't see that? :rolleyes:

Jerry, in the words of my wonderful old Grandad God rest his soul, grow some b*lls.. :)

Just look at Jodie's post above, where she basically calls me a butt kisser because I gave kudos to Parn. Really? Please reconsider you post. Again, I say, you are wrong. Shall we compare negative comments at BFF? Do you really want to go there?

Jerrywayne, obviously you admire Parn, so do I, just not in the same way. If you looked back four pages you would see where I acknowledged that, I just thought yours was a tad much to the point of appearing to be a sycophant. I don't think this is about skeptics/believers and I've already apologized. You are still going on about this and it's been two pages ago, let it go, you can always berate me via PM.

OK folks:

(whistle blowing)

I counted.. and from post 1715 to post 1745 , there has been 15 posts focused on the whole "skeptic bashing / not skeptic bashing" issue.....in other words 50% of the recent content on the "The Ketchum Report - Maybe we should stop calling it the Erickson Project" thread.....not being focused on the "The Ketchum Report - Maybe we should stop calling it the Erickson Project"

Lets' bring it pack to topic please.

jerrywayne: If you want to discuss this particular issue in greater detail, I suggest starting a new thread and see if the debate will follow it there.

The thread is now back open. It has been reopened after a cooling-off period.

The Forum Staff hates to close threads. However, there are times we have to do so.

The Forum Staff expects this thread to remain on-topic and the Forum Rules be adhered to from this point forward. If not, other punitive measures will be taken against the individuals that choose to continue the nonsense that dictated the closure of this thread yesterday morning.

See

BFF Patron

OK, so we're back to the feral human thing. If it's only a prognostic operational hypothesis and not a conclusion then certainly why the need to pursue some of the things presented in the next sentence? Since domains were registered in names reflecting sasquatch dna, feral humans, press releases, etc. and we had Ketchum first on the speaker list at Primal Peoples, then off the list and now back on the list.........it seems like some of these developments are quite old but there does sound like there is movement.......just what kind of movement I suppose it what this thread is about.

I still would be content to see some kind of paper around eight or nine weeks from now.

I still would be content to see some kind of paper around eight or nine weeks from now.

I'm rather thinking 8 or 9 hours.....but if it's got to be 8 or 9 days so be it. 8 or 9 weeks? I think some people will have burst open with excitement before then. ;)

Mike

Guest Swamper

I think saying that it is a feral human is scientifically wrong. By definition a feral organism is one that has changed from being domesticated to being wild or untamed animal which has escaped from a domestic or captive status and is living more or less as a wild animal.

So not feral tribe of humans, a feral race of humans, or even feral species of humans. It's just wrong by definition. Unless someone has domesticated one and has kept us out of the loop.

A better term would be uncivilized in reference to a human Bigfoot(of a bigfoot tribe or bigfoot people) not yet civilized or lacking culture or sophistication. So if the big fella is a human, a separate big harry species of us, then i think the right terms would be, uncivilized tribe of giant humans, uncivilized race of giant humans, or even an uncivilized giant species of humans.

Even the native American's were considered by science at one time as being uncivilized. However in their on right they were civilized as they had a social structure within their nations that included religion, some level of sophistication and a culture all their on. It has yet to be determined if Bigfoot as a race, tribe or species has any of these values that could consider them being civilized. That will only be realized after correct scientific placement and years of study. That's if we are even able to study them in their environment.

So I coin those terms here now; uncivilized tribe of giant humans, uncivilized race of giant humans, and a uncivilized giant species of humans.

Only my opinion base on what I'm think after reading what looks like may be coming down the pipe from Dr. Ketchum

If they are a tribe of people just like us- humans- where do all the previous facts and accounts fit in? Such as --->

-mid tarsal break

-enormous size, 9 ft and 700 lbs

-howls outside of a human range of frequency

-coned head

-ny baby footage where one is swinging around like an ape

-eating only a deer liver

-ability to tolerate extreme temps where humans would get hypothermia

-arms hanging down past the knees

All that we supposedly have learned about them does not make sense.

Guest parnassus

I'm rather thinking 8 or 9 hours.....but if it's got to be 8 or 9 days so be it. 8 or 9 weeks? I think some people will have burst open with excitement before then. ;)

Mike

Why would one suggest that a paper was coming out around April Fools Day? Inquiring minds want to know....