The Ketchum Report

Apehuman,

You may have something here since "White Paper" has been mentioned as to the type of article.

Very true. A White Paper is commonly known as just a simple manuscript that anyone can write. The term does not inherently mean it is peer-reviewed. It could be peer reviewed but it doesn't have to be.

I know that DNA has to come from somewhere. but is the pending news really going to amount to the "discovery" of the species? Let's face it - You can say whatever you want about any evidence, yet without a sample specimen you have to be able to eventually produce the creature in a manner that allows your hypothesis and speculation to be confirmed. I believe it to be in error to make any determination on restricting human activities or making legislative changes based on DNA samples without photographic evidence, video evidence, a live specimen, a slab monkey or a location/habitation that allows for observation and study. Let's be honest here - Any speculative "knowledge" about Bigfoot without observation and study of the creature would be conjecture at best.

My hope is that the evidence is good enough to spur further investigative research to obtain real, tangible proof in the form of a compete specimen, or at least conclusive video evidence.

BFF Patron

Well Scott Carpenter (Joe Black) will be on Bigfoot Tonight..... maybe he'll have cutting edge updates ; > }

http://my.blogtalkra...scott-carpenter

I'll be listening, will you?

Edited by bipedalist

The policy implications I find most serious.

What information from BFers will be an accurate, or valued perspective, to those who shall wake up to this news and be in real positions of influence?

Without a respected study (peer-reviewed) those types don't have to even take notice. It looks like a very long haul to me.

I can't answer to the many potential avenues this could go, because I don't know the data, but I personally feel they fall in the genus Homo. /http://bigfootforums...online-sign-up/

I think many can speak now to the details of consequences to proof, assuming that parameter, with either personal opinions or professional experience and knowledge and would like to read their comments. But, I notice not many do. It is complicated and boring (in comparison to being out in the field, or reviewing possible evidence) and maybe we feel we won't have a voice because of politics, or bureaucracy?

If they fall anywhere outside the genus Homo, it is a clearer legal landscape (not necessarily painless), so perhaps that is the hold up. They seem to be in the genus Homo, clearly?.

Edited by apehuman

Ok this my understanding of this whole thing witch may or may not be correct. The Erickson Project has footage and DNA collected from the site, I heard that there was footage of the animal leaving the DNA sample. Would that prove that the DNA is from a bigfoot if the bigfoot was video taped leaving the sample ? One would think this would seal the deal.

^^^^^Well, precisely the problem here appears to be that the researchers themselves aren't patient enough.

This never happens in the hard sciences. You don't hear a peep until the results are published in the newspapers and shown on TV. This is a circus, and it's putting off the very people who need to be convinced.

I know that DNA has to come from somewhere. but is the pending news really going to amount to the "discovery" of the species? Let's face it - You can say whatever you want about any evidence, yet without a sample specimen you have to be able to eventually produce the creature in a manner that allows your hypothesis and speculation to be confirmed. I believe it to be in error to make any determination on restricting human activities or making legislative changes based on DNA samples without photographic evidence, video evidence, a live specimen, a slab monkey or a location/habitation that allows for observation and study. Let's be honest here - Any speculative "knowledge" about Bigfoot without observation and study of the creature would be conjecture at best.

My hope is that the evidence is good enough to spur further investigative research to obtain real, tangible proof in the form of a compete specimen, or at least conclusive video evidence.

Ding, ding and triple ding. Over and out.

This won't shake anybody's world. At most it'll be "interesting." Lots of work to be done between here and mainstream interest.

The Erickson Project has footage and DNA collected from the site, I heard that there was footage of the animal leaving the DNA sample. Would that prove that the DNA is from a bigfoot if the bigfoot was video taped leaving the sample ? One would think this would seal the deal.

Proof is not simply saying that Erickson has video, or Ketchum has DNA, proof is when such claims are seen and verified. As exciting as the recent posts have been, they are still just more posts on forums and blogs. When the evidence, the videos, the DNA studies come out, then it's time for jubilation.

BFF Patron

White paper, peer-reviewed, refereed journal, monologue, science magazine, ad nauseum, whatever.

I'll be patient.

Just get something out there that has been catalogued and methodically reviewed by multiple scientists under repeatable conditions.

After putting some thought to this matter, I think if the study seems to even vaguely vindicate or suggest to back up words in a certain religions' account of history, or prehistory the media will attack the whole matter with everything they have to discredit the study, regardless of the thouroughness of the science or the strength of the evidence. I know this statement is dangerously close to forbidden issues on the forum, but I see no way to disregard this aspect in the final disposition of the topic of this thread. After publication of the study, in whatever form, the non internet media will be the ones informing the vast majority of mankind of this information, and their biases, prejudices, and attitudes will necessarily be part of their presentation. Unless you believe that they are completely unbiased and objective now, of course. I just think political correctness is such a powerful force of our society now that even Bigfoot will be unable to escape its nefarious tentacles. If this post is out of line, I apologize now.

Ok this my understanding of this whole thing witch may or may not be correct. The Erickson Project has footage and DNA collected from the site, I heard that there was footage of the animal leaving the DNA sample. Would that prove that the DNA is from a bigfoot if the bigfoot was video taped leaving the sample ? One would think this would seal the deal.

Not trying to argue, but is that really what they have, or will it turn out to be of the same quality we've had up to this point? Will it be definitive or will the people that presented the evidence have to explain what's happening and use red circles to point it out?

This is what worries me about this "evidence." I want it to be true and definitive, but the history of the evidence presented to this point has either been inconclusive or, even worse, hoaxed. I guess I'm afraid that it will be no different with this. I am hopeful, though.

Tontar Thank you for responding to my post :) . This is what I am asking, '' IF '' there is a video of a BF leaving a DNA sample would a type specieman still be required to proof the spieces ? I am asking because some think that this paper will not do much for the public because they think it would not measure up to a body.

Ketchum just released the bomb on her Facebook page.

Melba Ketchum 4 minutes ago · Below is our official response:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

‘BIGFOOT’ DNA SEQUENCED IN UPCOMING GENETICS STUDY

Five-Year Genome Study Yields Evidence of Homo sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species in North America

Contact: Robin Lynne, media@dnadiagnostics.com, 231.622.5362

DALLAS, Nov. 24--A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot†or “Sasquatch,†living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. “The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual,†explains Ketchum.

“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.â€

Ketchum is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.

Ketchum calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:

“Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.â€

Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.

Like · Comment

6 people like this.

Write a comment...

BFF Patron

Whoooooooo.....eeeeeeeeee!

I mean Whoooooooooooop!