The Ketchum Report

It may be because of his non-native english but reading it in context sounds like he could be referring to a more generic American journal. There's also The American Journal of Human Genetics.

Yeah. You're probably right. I just went and re-read that.

NFL humm, your post is telling IMO.. I did notice the "submitted to magazine" rather than scheduled to be published in Igor's first post..but, your new post (of Igor's FB page?) gives the worst possible outcome IMO...if it was rejected and now headed for a non-peer review journal... well, worst in that we need peer-review (and even that will not be proof..but the beginning I think of further study)...so, I have no idea what this means

Engineers often publish, in obscure forums, a defense paper, essentially outlining their novel work, and hoping no one will read, so that in the future, should a patent dispute arise they can point to that date..or something like that. So, it does have the feel of claiming first...in spite of no publication date or review? Paulides blog sure does.

Edited by apehuman

It seems Mr. Stubstad (R.I.P) might have been onto something with his speculation of the timeframe of 15,000 years ago.

He had help with analysis I'm sure, and it's not so speculative when you were on the inside working with the whole team.

I just hope when this report is finally released that the samples used in the study can be traced to sources which are more than just some individual claiming they are Sasquatch in origin?

Thomas Steenburg

Have you ever collected a hair sample Thomas? Just curious,

I'm afraid of what this "news" might lead to. After all, to claim something's human without the characteristics of human-like behaviors being present is speculation at best. I suppose it has to do with the DNA possibly shared between a North American ape and actual humans.

I shudder at the possible twisting of this evidence to restrict humans in many ways - Logging, hunting, building and zoning just to name a few. If you thought that wetlands and spotted owls were an issue, this will possibly be a nightmare.

It'll be interesting to see how the scientific community (peer reviewed) interprets this.

BFF Patron

@ Inc1 ^^

Homer's already celebrating though! The float done left the station for him already!

post-86-0-86420500-1353769614.jpg

Edited by bipedalist

Engineers often publish, in obscure forums, a defense paper, essentially outlining their novel work, and hoping no one will read, so that in the future, should a patent dispute arise they can point to that date..or something like that. So, it does have the feel of claiming first...in spite of no publication date or review? Paulides blog sure does.

Apehuman,

You may have something here since "White Paper" has been mentioned as to the type of article.

BFF Patron

Paulides has been describing the impending "white paper" for years on his NABs blogs as I remember, doesn't mean Ketchum and partners aren't queing up for patents, innovative technology trademarks on all of this.... that is a given seeing the history of her previous applications pending for patents in the animal genetics and domestic breeds citations that have even been listed above as I remember.

Guest VioletX

Burtsev just posted on his page again...He names the American Journal as the journal. This almost seems like an orchestrated leak. Could be wrong, but.....

Maybe I am reading this wrong but The American Journal was mentioned in a question from someone to Igor Burtsev, he himself did not mention it right? WelI, I guess it is hard to tell from his writing...

I'm not sure. I was at work, reading it on my phone. It seems now, like it's possible that he was simply referring to our country, and a generic journal. I hope Dr. Burtsev is a crusader, and keeps typing, though:)

And as far as the Finding Bigfoot/DNA thing is concerned.....It seems like Bobo had some Freudian slips on Joe Rogan, and also mentioned it on MSN, and Conan. It almost seems like everyone is conditioning the public to get ready for it. I'm probably reading too far into it, but the hype machine is a powerful tool, if used correctly. Proof would help that show exponentially.

Guest VioletX

^ Maybe if people know something big is coming they aren't censoring themselves as much as usual, maybe more people will also be make casual remarks in the following days/weeks

See-Te-Cah NC said: I shudder at the possible twisting of this evidence to restrict humans in many ways - Logging, hunting, building and zoning just to name a few. If you thought that wetlands and spotted owls were an issue, this will possibly be a nightmare.

If bigfoot is proclaimed to be a real creature, it will "turn the world upside down" and really shake up the established order of things to acknowledge that there is another, possibly sentient, species of hominid on this planet. It could be as big as the President saying little green men exist

If this information is released "in a small way" maybe it'll mostly get swept under the rug and only scientists, us and nutjobs will care.

I wrote this on another thread but it's relevant here, too. I was looking at one of those google maps where all the sightings are listed in little blue dots. It boggles my mind. Before August I would have said that BF must be a few dozen running around California near wherever the PGF was filmed. I had no idea, none at all, that it was this prevalent. It's just mind-blowing. No wonder "they" want this information only known to people who like cryptids and other fringe, paranormal things that the vast majority consider woo woo and fairly wacko.

I wonder if they declare bigfoot to be a species, and the population freaks out and arms themselves, if they could try to eliminate guns from the general population, citing species preservation?

Edited by madison5716