The Ketchum Report

OOH, can we have the data delivered on December 21 please?

Talk about a "revealing"....

This would work for me.

I've always thought that the search for intelligent life would find it "out there", in the stars, and it looks like it might turn out to be right here with us sharing our own planet. How 'bout that.

Edited by madison5716

Guest OntarioSquatch

It seems Mr. Stubstad (R.I.P) might have been onto something with his speculation of the timeframe of 15,000 years ago.

Admin

He had posted this on another thread called Sasquatch Activity 3...When it was there he had the link... it was removed when moved it seems. Probably because it was already posted several posts before his albeit also without a link. If your going to call a man out on open forum perhaps it should be done fairly. Just my 2 cents

http://bigfootforums...760#entry656837

I agree so I'll add poignant also. Folks please remember to link to the sources when posting outside content here. It's just the right thing to do.

The following update is from the NABS site:

http://www.nabigfoot...igfootblog.html

November 23, 2012

The DNA Project/Update

It’s been many months that myself and members of our team have silently watched the progress of our Bigfoot DNA Project under the guidance of Dr. Melba Ketchum. Silence in this research arena tends to push outsiders to make rash and irresponsible comments. In the technology world, silence about projects is routine, expected and is part of the landscape. In the bigfoot world, people in the past have been boisterous with wild claims, accusations and irresponsible behavior the norm. Our group (North America Bigfoot Search) has been trying to live by a different standard, a professional standard that the rest of the world understands and appreciates.

In the last twelve months you have seen a variety of groups suddenly take interest in bigfoot DNA. Where was that interest four years ago when we started our DNA Project? Dr. Jeff Meldrum has gone to Europe with his interest and utilized the resources of Oxford University in an attempt to develop a DNA sequence on Bigfoot. A weekly show about bigfoot also has just recently found an interest in bigfoot DNA and is trying to exploit this avenue, and there are others. There is not one group that has developed the scientific team and the high number of quality specimens to even come close to what North America Bigfoot Search and Dr. Ketchum’s team of esteemed scientists have accomplished.

The public perception of bigfoot, sasquatch and wild men is about to change forever. It has always been our belief that there would come a time when researchers would no longer be calling them animals, apes and human type gorillas, those statements will be reserved for re-runs of your favorite screamers and tree bangers. Yes, you are reading this correctly, times are about to change. I have consistently stated that we are close to a release date. We are very, very close.

Dr. Ketchum and her team of scientists and laboratories have been able to sequence three complete genomes, getting identical results independently verified by different labs. This is not a casual everyday finding, this will cause the scientific community to stand up and take notice. Many people have claimed to know what our results were, nearly everyone was wrong, even some high profile media people that have just recently made comments, all were wrong.

Dr. Ketchum originally found the combination to unlock bigfoot DNA and utilized top scientists in various fields to validate her results. The results were independently verified with the group silently sitting on these findings for months, as the results were validated a third and fourth time. Remember, this isn’t one total genome sequence; it’s three with dozens and dozens of other findings validating the results. The exact number of specimens, the number of mitochondrial results and the specifics of the scientific white paper will be released very, very soon. The paper is very complex and filled with amazing findings.

Before the world is enveloped in bigfoot, sasquatch mania and we lose sight of the real hero’s of this project, I need to address a few of the VERY best researchers in the world. Scott Carpenter, Richard Hucklebridge, Rob Alley and Harvey Pratt have contributed to the knowledge base of the scientists in a way never before accomplished. It was the vision and professional manner that these fine men have and the ability to overcome public ridicule and outright hostility that changed the course of the understanding of bigfoot forever. Where the majority of bigfoot researchers failed in getting specimens on multiple occasions utilizing innovative methods, these men did it.

The one person that was able to unlock the safe to understanding bigfoot DNA, Dr. Melba Ketchum. Where every other scientist gave up and claimed contamination, Dr. Ketchum continued to move forward. Where every other scientist was unable to turn the corner, Dr. Ketchum did. This lady did not understand the word “defeat,” she is a true pioneer in her field!

We need to express a sincere “Thank You” to the dozens of others who politely and professionally contributed to our project and the pool of specimens. We could not have done this without you!! Your patience and adherence to the Non-Disclosure Agreement shows your belief in the project and your stoic professionalism.

The days ahead are going to be exciting.

North America Bigfoot Search

Happy Holidays

David Paulides

Director

I just hope when this report is finally released that the samples used in the study can be traced to sources which are more than just some individual claiming they are Sasquatch in origin? If not, I still don't see how the results can be anything more than classified as UNKNOWN, as there is no confirmed sample of a Sasquatch to compare with. If they do have such evidence than that will be great. What they claim to the Sasquatch is to me is far less important than taking another step to proving the creature exists in the first place. I wait with bated breath.

Thomas Steenburg

They have nothing to compare this DNA too. What's the point? We already have such samples. 391,633 views. I didn't read the entire thread.

Edited by kampz

Dr. Igor Burtsev has made an announcement to the effect that the Ketchum Report has been accepted for Publication. To me, his info seems a rehash of what has been available from Stubstad, Lindsay and on this board etc with nothing much new. He did not name the Journal that will publish. It is being hashed out at he Facebook page of the Coalition for Science and Sanity in BF etc right now. Not much acceptance of Dr B's claim!

Just a FYI

GK

I think it should be pointed out that Igor states scientific MAGAZINE not journal. If that description is correct than that is significant. For in the world of PHD per review. Journal is what is normally used to state that your colleges support the work which is being described. Magazine could be a bad thing in the eyes of science if it is a publication like 14 times or fate. National Geographic maybe would carry weight in the scientific community but there are a lot of Magazines which would indicate a general rejection from the main stream world of science.

Thomas Steenburg

Burtsev just posted on his page again...He names the American Journal as the journal. This almost seems like an orchestrated leak. Could be wrong, but.....

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

You wanna bet ?? ;)

Melba Ketchum

It is unfortunate that the partial summary of our data was released in this manner, however, I will be making a formal response in the next few days. Even though Igor Burtsev released this, it was not Dr. Burtsev's fault.

Partial summary? It was not Dr. Burtsev's fault?

This doesn't sound encouraging to me. I'm thinking her formal statement may be a bit of a let down.

BFF Patron

Well that could be part of it, but this Sunday's Finding Bigfoot episode apparently broaches the lab study of BF dna in some capacity and perhaps they are doing a micro-expose on the current dna studies in progress more robustly than Bobo did on Conan. There are a lot of hungry people out there starved by years of waiting.

I think Igor is concerned it will become a nonevent, go unrecognized and shoveled under the bear rug of censorship like a lot of claimed Russian publications.

In the end, people can't give the study many more accolades than the technical and historical significance that the results and findings suggest. So guess what, "very, very soon" comes into play again.

Maybe "Finding Bigfoot" is going to make a mini-reveal this Sunday (caveat: ratings booster) that has got other camps' panties in a wad (on National TV yet..... yeah I know, right?!)

Edited by bipedalist

Guest slimwitless

Burtsev just posted on his page again...He names the American Journal as the journal. This almost seems like an orchestrated leak. Could be wrong, but.....

It may be because of his non-native english but reading it in context sounds like he could be referring to a more generic American journal. There's also The American Journal of Human Genetics and so on so it's hard to say.

I wonder if Conan Obrien's interview has anything to do with it ?

Who knows? Finding Bigfoot is airing it's DNA episode on Sunday. Surely we would have heard if they had found anything (I thought I read Bobo accidentally knocked over a shelf of beakers or equipment at the lab so that may be the only highlight). Maybe this is a small response to a potentially discouraging look into the BF DNA issue.

Edited by slimwitless

BFF Patron

http://journalseek.net/cgi-bin/journalseek/journalsearch.cgi?field=category&query=bio.genet

A listing of the full range of Genetics Journals.

Only other one I could think would be appropriate might be an American Journal of Physical Anthropology if remains are associated with the study somehow.

yup ...sure does doesn't it. Hope your post isn't edited being of that crazy Bible talk n all (sarcasm)

Stay tuned though things are going to get interesting.

It is possible to discuss the "Nephilim" in a non Biblical context. The cryptic Nephilim are not associated with the supernatural, but are human/alien hybrids in service to an ancient race of aliens who the theory states were the "gods" of the ancient world. Many sources refer to the alien overlords as the Annunaki.

Think "jaffa" and "goua'uld" to get the point.

Think

They have nothing to compare this DNA too. What's the point? We already have such samples. 391,633 views. I didn't read the entire thread.

They compared it to everything else. When you rule out what it CAN'T be, you're left with what it is. Documentable DNA of a to-date unknown primate living in NA would be revolutionary.

So Igor posted this "We waited a couple of years the scientific publication by Dr. Melba Ketchum. But scientific magazines refuse to publish her manuscript which deserves to be published."

So it's not coming out? They would put it out if there were something to it.