The Ketchum Report

Guest VioletX

@Corvus Horribulus- But don't we have Dna for Boisei, so in that case it would not fit with the unknown factor, unless I am confused...

Excuse my absolute ignorance in all things DNA. DNA being a map of our creation and how we work and develop, i was wondering Is there anything DNA can tell us about the characteristics of the DNA donor as in size, whether it's covered in hair and so on.

Just wondering if the unknown DNA can be read like a map or such?

Actually, contrary to several previous replies, we have now reached the point where we can and do "phenotype" strands of DNA. while we certainly cannot predict everything about an individual, phenotyping has been used in crime analysis and is able in some cases to produce a series of probablilities for eye color, hair color, ehtnicity, etc. It is in it's infancy, certainly, but i expect to see this particular branch of DNA analysis to mature quite quickly, given it's obvious benefit to crime analysis! (it also has a dark side - think designer babies)

Geneticist? Thought she described herself as a veterinarian in the press release.

Funny how easily some people miss the fact that she is a geneticist, but notice right off that she's a veterinarian.

Looks like she's a pretty intelligent lady....

• Upvote 1

What are the chances of Syke's results being the same as Ketchums. If they are different, are we back to square one

Edited by yowiie

If they put chimps in Homo, we can consider taxonomy dead. Sorry, Jared Diamond.

Can't speak to Bigfoot, although I sure wouldn't put the Patterson figure in Homo based on appearance alone.

This cuts to the crux, at least to me, of why this DNA finding is meaningless without a body. Believe it or not - and the "% of genes similar" numbers show this pretty conclusively - there's more to differences than genetic percentage match.

Yes there is also gene expression. Depending on which gene and it's function, some may be switched on that are not in us.

No, it's all about the product.

The product will be disregarding if the process isn't by the books. Focus on the process, the product will take care of itself.

Guest Thepattywagon

Close. It's Andrew Jackson's forhead on a $20

Bill

Shown again here for reference:

AJ.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the scar left by the British officer's sword. :)

Funny how easily some people miss the fact that she is a geneticist, but notice right off that she's a veterinarian.

Funny how she made veterinarian so prominent in her press release. Guess she didn't want to misrepresent herself.