The Ketchum Report

We probably shouldn't be too surprised that in the online age of instant info access, scientific debates and associated messiness might sometimes get played out in public.

Who knows, maybe what many of us (including me) have been slamming as a circus is a deliberate attempt to get the public interesed and increase the pressure on scientists to take the topic seriously and pursue definitive action. Keep in mind that much of the public might not be so much the sticklers for procedure, but might be wondering anyway: why would anyone - let alone scientists - not want to get to the bottom of this?

You tell me.

Maybe not they took the wrong side years ago, (Bigfoot=ape, or there is no proof of of a critter called, Bigfoot ) painted theirselves into the corner and were left with no escape.

BTW, say what you want about Meldrum, he has stayed the course, endured the threats and attempts to remove his position and TENURE, and is still in the fight.

Hats off to him..

Maybe not they took the wrong side years ago, (Bigfoot=ape, or there is no proof of of a critter called, Bigfoot ) painted theirselves into the corner and were left with no escape.

BTW, say what you want about Meldrum, he has stayed the course, endured the threats and attempts to remove his position and TENURE, and is still in the fight.

Hats off to him..

That is not aimed at you DWA, just a comment .... Sorry.

Guest slimwitless

Streufert is saying Thursday Friday is the day. He says he got it from Robin and Igon on FB. Apologies in advance if it's a joke.

LINK

Edited by slimwitless

Streufert is saying Thursday Friday is the day. He says he got it from Robin and Igon on FB. Apologies in advance if it's a joke.

LINK

I just don't get all the meanness this story has engendered. What the hell, people?

*EDIT* Not saying YOU are being mean, Slim...I mean all the blog and forum bullying.

Edited by Smitty in Florida

LINK

Browser on my phone can't display the embedded items on that page - mind sharing what they say?

Guest gerrykleier

LINK

The notice he speaks of is not on either Igor's facebook page or the forestpeople fb page, so I think it's just a joke.

GK

Guest slimwitless

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. He's talking about it on FB here but I can't tell for sure. There's no source for his info other than his claim it came from Igor and Robin. I'm guessing it would work better as a joke if it was remotely funny.

Edit to add: The Mayan/Ketchum schtick played out here a long time ago.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest Theagenes

I asked Sally Ramey that when she was still Ketchum's Public Relations person. She said that it was a good question and that she'd have to ask the paper to find out. She never got back to me about it.

There is no reason why she would have to keep this a secret once she knows what issue it will be in.

LINK

Slimwitness...... IMHO, you are right. It will be this week.

I have been wrong before, but my definition of soon, for months, has been,

This week.... So I am striking while the iron is hot, so to speak .......

Sally said last year, in one of her earlier posts, as Melba's spokesperson, that the senario for the release will proceed as follows.....

(I have only supplied my predictive date .) .... You may call it "mind speak" from reading the tea leaves with an open mind...........

The blitz might start tomorrow, and/or wednesday, according to Sally's senario, followed by the release Thursday. I understand, Melba has the right to do a little " informative promotion ", the week off the release.

Oh well, if not starting tomorrow and the release Thursday, WE ALL KNOW It WILL be SOOOOOON .... Lol, weeks not months...

SSR Team

It's a joke people, hence his reference to the Mayan Calender ??

Get it ??

The study come out friday, but the end of the world finishes on thursday..

There's nothing quite like a joke that you have to explain to hundreds of people..;)

SSR Team

Ok my bad, Streufert says the Mayan Calender finishes on the 21st, with the Ketchum release the bext day..

Oh Man, i give up and you're confusing me, but it's clearly a joke hence the little ape man character too..

Humor lost on this forum once again..

Nah, I get the joke, I was just worried about how soon I need to get my affairs in order. Thursday would have cheated me out of a day I already had plans for! ;-)

Guest slimwitless

It was hard to tell if Streufert was being sarcastic with real info or trying to make a joke. Remember when he said the bigfoot dna was about to "hit the fan"? Was that a joke too? Because it wasn't true or funny. Clearly I'm not tuned in to his wavelength.

Also, I'm not sure any bigfooter should refer to anyone else as a member of Lalaland...at least until one of them can actual prove the existence of this thing.