The Ketchum Report

Again,could somebody please reassure me, that no early drafts of this paper talk about any science fiction, angel DNA, aliens, worm holes, ESP, cloaking, Carter Farms, sons of Cain, or any other lunacy. If any of this was ever true, it is never going to get published and again all Bigfoot fans are going to be painted with the same brush. I hope beyond hope, that none of this is true, but her associations are dubious at best. I know this may not be taken well, but again there has to be some reason that the "mainstream Bigfoot folks" who ever they are, won't get on board fully.

Guest BFSleuth

^ Dr. Ketchum addressed the issue on her facebook page, noting that references to the supernatural would be "professional suicide". I think we can rest assured that the concept of "angel DNA" etc. will not be in the report. However, it sure made for attention grabbing headlines by bloggers to throw some fecal tissue on the wall... ;)

Edited by BFSleuth

Again,could somebody please reassure me, that no early drafts of this paper talk about any science fiction, angel DNA, aliens, worm holes, ESP, cloaking, Carter Farms, sons of Cain, or any other lunacy. If any of this was ever true, it is never going to get published and again all Bigfoot fans are going to be painted with the same brush. I hope beyond hope, that none of this is true, but her associations are dubious at best. I know this may not be taken well, but again there has to be some reason that the "mainstream Bigfoot folks" who ever they are, won't get on board fully.

No guarantees when it gets translated into Russian. :ninja:

I hope your right, but I remember clearly, talk about why her beliefs matter and talk of weird visits to places, just enough to make me unconfortable.

Guest BFSleuth

I think what is really going to matter is her hypothesis, presentation of sample collection and testing methodologies, the presentation of the DNA data, the DNA data itself, and the conclusions in her paper. Most of the rumors are from blogs with agendas (and safely read with a bag of salt handy).

It's hard to keep track of everything that has been said, and I know this has been rehashed a thousand times. Are we sure none of the sensational aspects of this story came directly from her quotes?

Guest BFSleuth

You can go to Dr. Ketchum's Facebook page and read back through history to your heart's content. My guess is that you will not find anything related to the rumors other than statements from Dr. Ketchum noting that she hasn't participated in forum or blog discussions and that folks have tried to impersonate her in some venues and denials of rumors. If you find anything there that is troubling maybe you could post it here, straight from the "horses mouth" as it were. Let us know if you find anything.

I'll take your word for it. I want the report to be clear and precise, just as much as anyone. None of the issues in the article mentioned above will matter if the science is good. I have zero reason to think other wise, but I cannot believe that everything said is just a hatchet job to derail the study. I'm new to the search for who's legit and who's a scoundrel, and I am not for a second suggesting that Dr. Ketchum is the latter, but some people, maybe just connected on the fringes, give just enough room to question.

Guest spurfoot

LTBF, the people who are anxious to discredit the reality of bigfoot are desperate to anything they can to contaminate public perceptions of the Ketchum paper. Not only will statements be deliberately misinterpreted but also outright lies will be told. Anything the deniers can hang their hat on will do. It all says a lot about them, but nothing about the actual content and meaning of the paper or the character of the authors or of people associated with them.

Over the line, Smokey! -> If this website has a decent reputation, I'd find

the article that strips Dr. Ketchum of all credibility quite disturbing.

But I find Ketchum herself genuine.

If it's just another rabid, slandering, gossip column, then not so much.

Anyone familiar with it?

Edited by Oonjerah
  • Upvote 1

Every time I have heard Dr. Ketchum speak, I've come away thinking she is nothing but credible. She is alway so emphatic it seems implausible that she does not have it nailed. I too, would like someone to comment on the reputation of this web site.

LTBF, the people who are anxious to discredit the reality of bigfoot are desperate to anything they can to contaminate public perceptions of the Ketchum paper. Not only will statements be deliberately misinterpreted but also outright lies will be told. Anything the deniers can hang their hat on will do. It all says a lot about them, but nothing about the actual content and meaning of the paper or the character of the authors or of people associated with them.

Gee, sounds very familiar.

Over the line, Smokey! -> If this website has a decent reputation, I'd find

the article that strips Dr. Ketchum of all credibility quite disturbing.

But I find Ketchum herself genuine.

If it's just another rabid, slandering, gossip column, then not so much.

Anyone familiar with it?

NO, not familiar with it at all. But a little checking there and I saw where someone asked for some credentials as they wanted to use this blog's report in a debate and needed to cite references. Here is the reply they got...

Sorry, can’t do that outing thing. Even if I did, how would you know I was telling the truth?

What I will tell you and you can believe is that I read a great variety of sources and learn from everyone. What I find most helpful in each thing I read is “what is the news item in this story?†usually it’s one sentence. The next question is “who is the source of this story?â€, and at the same time, “why did they tell this to the reporter?’ I google to find out about biases of authors, reporters, “think tanksâ€, and other things I don’t know much about. Very important: I never believe statistics or numbers until I get somebody else’s take on them; I use numbers in my job and I know how easy it is to make brown look like blue with some “sculpted†numbers.

I can tell you that I’m obviously not a young person, that I remember Nixon, that I have a family, that I was raised in a Republican home, that my father held public office, and that I am a professional.

Many of my stories are on Iraq and Iran, but I have no training other than one course in college, and a lot of understanding of lies about war, that I learned in the Vietnam era; and I take a lot of my cues from juancole.com, whom I have been reading for several years. You can read his qualifications at his site.

If you watch a football game, and someone says, we can let you listen in on the coaches strategy, either one team, or both teams, which would you choose?

You will never figure things out unless you hear both sides. So don’t hesitate, for example, to google Iran and go to the Iranian government site, to figure out their strategy.

good luck.

http://seesdifferent.wordpress.com/about/

So it seems clear it is just one person who rehashes things they read into a personal blog. So when they say things like this...

a little investigation by the Over the Line, Smokey! staff

and this...

The crack investigative staff of Over the Line, Smokey!

they are obviously not being truthful as they have no staff, and I highly doubt if they contacted anyone about this story.