The Ketchum Report

How about you provide that reference here, so we can confirm it? wonder why the guy in charge of the investigation does not know about it?

I did some research on her part in the WTC testing way back when this came up the first time in this thread & found a reference to her part in it from the site of a University in Ft. Worth, Tx. It must have been a "trickle down" thing. From what I understood then, the big University labs received huge amounts of samples. There were so many that they were inundated & started sending them out to various labs, that were qualified to do forensics testing to help them. These labs donated their services, & there was almost no recognition for what they did.

She never said that she was there, "signing the book" & digging in the carnage. She said she "helped with the testing".

How about you find it yourself if you want to see it? I already posted something about it here somewhere & have no inclination to go looking for it again.

Edited by Sasfooty

Ok, I am guilty of not taking any personal initiative...so here it is, my Big research, the 'staff bio" from her website;

"Dr. Ketchum is the founder of DNA Diagnostics. Established in 1985, DNA Diagnostics has become a leader in all types of DNA testing including: human and animal forensics, human and animal paternity and parentage testing, disease diagnostics, trait tests, animal and human identity testing, species identification and sex determination. Most common species of animals are tested at DNA Diagnostics. Dr. Ketchum has also established a research program ranging from gene mapping to developing the VeriSNPâ„¢ (patent pending) platform for universal genetic evaluation in multiple species of animals. Other research includes genetics of disease, population genetics and other genetically important traits such as coat color in animals. Dr. Ketchum is a past three-term Chairperson of the International Society for Animal Genetics Equine Genetics Standing Committee. She has also been Dog Map Chairperson and a Committee member on the Dog and Cat Parentage Committee. She is a former Treasurer for AFDAA, The Association of DNA Analysts and Administrators. She aided in the analysis of the DNA sequences from the World Trade Center Disaster."

And for emphasis,"She aided in the analysis of the DNA sequences from the World Trade Center Disaster." So there we have it, in at least one case. Pretty weak statement, the fuzzy kind that are hard to verify. What does 'aided" mean? if it is insignificant, or untraceable, not worthy of recognition, why here on her company bio? So, seems it could be true, or not. And looking like puffery to me.

Bigfootery is so full of this stuff, it colors her in the same mind set, unfortunately. .

I am so looking forward to whatever Sykes/Oxford says....so I don't have to think, i can just accept there are experts willing to just do the work and share the results...

What does 'aided" mean? if it is insignificant, or untraceable, not worthy of recognition, why here on her company bio?

aid

Noun

Help, typically of a practical nature.

Verb

Help, assist, or support (someone or something) in the achievement of something.

Synonyms

noun. help - assistance - relief - succour - succor - support verb.

help - assist - support - relieve - befriend - succour

Is it necessary for her to furnish detailed proof for everything she says? Looks like a lot of nit picking to me.

I think it was at the University of North Texas Health Science Center website where I found the info. I don't know if it's still there or not.

From Wikipedia:

The UNT Center for Human Identification, which is housed at UNTHSC, analyzes DNA samples from both unidentified remains as well as reference samples submitted by family members of missing persons to law enforcement agencies nationwide. It also conducts all DNA analysis for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The Center is the only academic center in the U.S. with access to the FBI’s next-generation CODIS 6.0 DNA Software.[8] UNTHSC also manages the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) for the U.S. Department of Justice.[9]

Guest spurfoot

It is possible that the Ketchum report has been additionally delayed by a desire to compare Smeja's samples to her and one to Trent. That would be perfectly normal in such a controversial subject where so many people have an agenda to deny the reality of bigfoot.

Here's another company that says they "assisted" in various identification projects. Shouldn't they also be investigated & demands made for proof of what they are saying?

Missing Person Identification Projects

Bode is a leader in providing forensic DNA analysis to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and disaster management organizations throughout the United States and around the world. Operating one of the most internationally respected private DNA laboratories, Bode’s forensic DNA experts have assisted in identifying victims of war, terrorism, airline crashes, crime, civil conflicts, and natural disasters, including the attack on the World Trade Center, Hurricane Katrina, the war in Bosnia, and the remains of U.S. soldiers dating back to the Vietnam War. Bode’s Humanitarian team has performed work on compromised samples to assist in the identification of victims of mass disasters.

http://www.bodetech.com/forensic-solutions/dna-identification/missing-person-identification/

Edited by Sasfooty

Looks like a lot of nit picking to me.

Well, in fairness i did characterize it as puffery:

puff·ery

noun \ˈpə-f(ə-)rē\

Definition of PUFFERY

:
exaggerated commendation especially for promotional purposes
:

Examples of PUFFERY

• <the newspaper's local stories are often thinly disguisedpuffery for area businesses>

First Known Use of PUFFERY

Related to PUFFERY

Synonyms: ballyhoo, hype, publicity[+]more

What's fair about calling it "puffery"? Are you saying that the puffery is the little stir about it here, or the fact that she said it?

It is something that she has done. What's wrong with her saying so?

Edited by Sasfooty

BFF Patron

It is possible that the Ketchum report has been additionally delayed by a desire to compare Smeja's samples to her and one to Trent. That would be perfectly normal in such a controversial subject where so many people have an agenda to deny the reality of bigfoot.

At this point I think it would be additionally delayed if she got a hangnail but that is just me.

As to the WTC/911 claims, all that needs to be done is asking the source if contractor's were allowed to use subcontractor's and if so what type of accountability and registration/record-keeping would be required in such a case.

Edited by bipedalist

Here's another company that says they "assisted" in various identification projects. Shouldn't they also be investigated & demands made for proof of what they are saying?

Bode is a leader in providing forensic DNA analysis to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and disaster management organizations throughout the United States and around the world. Operating one of the most internationally respected private DNA laboratories, Bode’s forensic DNA experts have assisted in identifying victims of war, terrorism, airline crashes, crime, civil conflicts, and natural disasters, including the attack on the World Trade Center, Hurricane Katrina, the war in Bosnia, and the remains of U.S. soldiers dating back to the Vietnam War. Bode’s Humanitarian team has performed work on compromised samples to assist in the identification of victims of mass disasters.

Missing Person Identification Projectshttp://www.bodetech....identification/

Oh snap! you got me there! brilliant work! oh wait a minute - in my investigation, I perhaps can shed some light on this charlatan!

turns out Bode is the company run by Thomas Bode Sr. what a coincidence, the company has the same name as the director, imagine that! And even more of a coincidence, T. Bode is one of the 2 authors on the journal article that identifies all of the vendors, including his own.

So just to recap You are saying that your proof that Melba wasv involved in the 9'11 identifications is your contention that someone else has made the same claim? thats it? thats your whole defense? really?

Do yourself a favor, actually go read the paper, perhaps then your comments would be more valid! and just for the record, UNT was not involved either, so you are going to have to go find another explanation to cover Melbas claims!

The very document we are suposed to be discussing, you are so completely ignorant of it and it's content , that you allow yourself to set a boobie trap that you then immediately fall into? WOW.

Mr sasfooty, i can only hope someday that I would be comfortable enough in my own personal beliefs and prejudices that i could dismiss out of hand any and all evidence that may be contrary to my belief>

Sasfooty, How I feel about the statement, the bloogers, this forum, the study, and my contribution in comments and so on has been a moving target, but it feels like the target is getting bigger, on several fronts...whether continued waiting, or hope in other studies, or distracting claims of dead Bigfoots, or future $10M rewards.....and whether or not to discuss some of those thoughts publicly also transforming. .

The use of puffery, especially when it comes to religious or political, or emotional customer responses to elicit the desired result: i.e some benefit to the pufferor (lol don't think that is a word) is a personal red flag for me. But one to overlook, unless what? I guess that is personal for us all. Like whether I buy a car from a guy I know is BSing me...could work out, doesn't mean the car is bad, but...I tend to find another salesman.

Puffery is everywhere in advertising, and those who seek to capitalize on the vague claim or hopeful customer use it routinely.

i most admire those whose confidence, or credentials, or claims, might be called simply factual, or even understated.

So, I would want to see specifically, in just a word or two, what that aid was before being asked. Make it clear at the get go. Citing your University, if that is the case, would make sense, and obviously strengthen the claim.

That sentiment is further compounded b/c of the topic: Bigfoot. and I think we can all see the need for..humm, professionalism maybe? given the topic and history of "provers."

p.s. have you ever seen "RV Man loses it?" a viral youTube...lol, sorry, if you haven't I recommend if you can handle foul language... just an aside for fun!

also...adios/ manana!

Edited by apehuman

Guest RedRatSnake

At this point I think it would be additionally delayed if she got a hangnail but that is just me.

And BP: Knocks one out of the park ~

Tim :)

and just for the record, UNT was not involved either,

This " ^ " post reminds me of the late ***** Ape, the way he was always having those meltdowns. I wonder if he could be back......

Perhaps there is somewhere I should be looking to find proof that UNTHSC was not involved? I definitely remember reading that it was.

:training: Maybe we've been waiting on Jenny Craig.