The Ketchum Report

OTLS! blog tonight claims to have answered the question discussed by some in one of these threads regarding 911 DNA service vendors.

Guess at this stage many are no longer accepting of what they are told, or see in print, .

I can't/won'ti double check OTLS,!'s claim, but she seems pretty confident. Not what I wanted to read.

One might say trivial? So many barbs being launched, just another, not important to the science?

I don't know, claims like this go to both honesty and expertise....seems fairly fundamental and i really don't want it to be true.

The thing is, does Ketchum need to respond to any such allegation? If she is innocent of that accusation, would it serve her/us to respond?

Guest RedRatSnake

I am not looking for anything but a published paper in a well known scientific journal, like has been stated many times, it would have been better to just keep shut and be professional about the entire thing, but that ain't how BF science works, hence the reason it stays in the gutter.

It is what it is, like it or not it ain't moving until someone comes up with the prize.

Tim

Guest OntarioSquatch

I asked the spokesperson Robin Lynne if the paper is with an American science journal and I was told it is. Igor Burtsev and Melba herself have said that it's also with a Russian science journal and that they will settle for which ever can publish it sooner. Basically they are desperate to get whatever they have published.

(If they have anything)

Edited by OntarioSquatch

why would you not double check OTLS report?

No need to take OTLS word for it. Just click the link! It is a paper in a forensics journal by authors with first hand knowledge (and involvement) with the Id of 9/11 victims. The article was provided by Mark Devine, the head of the team at the NYMEO that is responsible for all the IDs of 9/11 victims (still active).

The paper lists each of the labs vendors involved, and specifies their specific contributions.

And to answer your question: in my opinion, Yes Dr Ketchum needs to respond! and heres why! She has that claim on her DNA diagnostics website. She has made that claim on national radio shows, but the NYMEO is pretty difinitive in that she was not involved! So why would she make those claims?

Her responding and proving that she was involved would be a huge step in establishing her credibility. because right now, it sure looks like she was telling a bald faced lie, and repoeating it several times over many months. If she is not credible in that claim - well it casts a pretty dark shadow over any other claims she makes - as far as i'm concerned!

OTLS! blog tonight claims to have answered the question discussed by some in one of these threads regarding 911 DNA service vendors.

Guess at this stage many are no longer accepting of what they are told, or see in print, .

I can't/won'ti double check OTLS,!'s claim, but she seems pretty confident. Not what I wanted to read.

One might say trivial? So many barbs being launched, just another, not important to the science?

I don't know, claims like this go to both honesty and expertise....seems fairly fundamental and i really don't want it to be true.

The thing is, does Ketchum need to respond to any such allegation? If she is innocent of that accusation, would it serve her/us to respond?

I haven't seen the site you're referring to up above but when I was poking around into this, I did read somewhere that people with DNA forensics experience made themselves available to work in other labs to help with the volume of samples that were sent out. So unless that site lists the people involved as well, it's entirely possible that her claims are valid even if DNA Diagnostics is not listed. I think.

Wish I could point you to the site I read that at but it was noted on a computer that has since crashed and I can't seem to find one of the cables to my hdd reader at the moment to see if my data is recoverable.

So back when 9/11 happened New York just allowed anyone that had experience with DNA to wander in and start trying to ID victims? Maybe they had a sign-in sheet at the door. Hopefully someone in the Medical Examiners Office in NYC can go to their filing cabinet and look up the folder that has the sign-in sheets for the people that made themselves available and see if MK ever signed in.

I wonder if she is still under the TOTAL GAG ORDER imposed by the journal. Can she say what journal it is now or is that still a no-no?

Has she explained how the centerpiece of her stuff was tested to be Bear and Smeja DNA by the other DNA lab that was sent the exact same piece of STEAK that Smeja gave her a piece of? I know the guys that tested that sample requested a comment from her and her team when they gave them the results from the tests they had ran on it and no one from the MK camp would contact them or provide anyone to answer their inquiries. Oh, I guess it was that GAG order that they are perpetually living under. Either that or the guys that tested the other 1/2 of the "sassy" steak didn't have an NDA on file with MK.

How many of you will still be hanging on and checking that website every Thursday for pending journal articles at this time in July or so? I'm wondering if there are members on her team that are up in years and may not be able to hang on a couple more years until something gets put into print of some kind.

There should be some kind of clause on all those NDA's that specifies that if the signer reaches their 80th birthday and the "study" still hasn't made it into print, said NDA and all conditions contained therein shall be null and void.

Edited by Nalajr