Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest slimwitless

From the article

"definitively red snapper, though eight couldn't be ruled out"

If they couldnt rule them out then the DNA testing was inconclusive IMO. That's the part that got my attention.

Sorry for the derail to reality back to fantasy world! :)

I'm not sure how that slipped by the double-blind testing and the peer review. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I'm pretty sure every one of those fish could be identified with the proper effort. I'm also sure Ketchum will likely exclude any inconclusive evidence from her results. If she does manage to sneak something past the reviewers, I'm sure the experts in this thread will cull that out of the raw data and let us know.

The most troubling thing about that article is the fact that I love sushi.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest Cervelo

Well apparently not even with the DNA testing! So your thinking is with limited samples to test and no comparision DNA their going to nail it first time out..... Yea I guess it could happen!!! If it does I'll buy the first round of sushi that we can agree on Yummmy!!!!

BFF Patron

Which brings up issues of elemental testing of hair and tissues. Hopefully, Biggie will not have as much mercury content as some of those replacement fish. What kind of follow-up is going to go beyond this DNA and how soon after DNA is published?

Yah, I know prob. a rhetorical not to be answered question but one that could add to the data base. I believe it was Bill Dranginis that did some of the early elemental testing of hair from putative BF. It'd be nice to have an update and extension of that kind of work. It would help delineate diet, maybe metabolism and how they absorb nutrients and deal with deleterious elements of our modern day environment.

Guest General

Right on guys. Good job. So am I the only one whos lookin forward to getting drunk enough to through up on a stranger tomorrow?

Guest General

Ohhh. Ya I hear ya. I don't have an answer for that one. I think everything happens for a reason. What reason is anybody's guess. I'm just along for the ride like everyone else

Hey after you go drink enough to throw up on stranger tomorrow night; please make sure come back and log on in a drunken stupor so we can pick your brain biggrin.gif

"Vee have vays of making you talk"

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest thelion

Right on guys. Good job. So am I the only one whos lookin forward to getting drunk enough to through up on a stranger tomorrow?

Haha nah you're definitely not alone bro ill be tanked also. :)

Guest badbreath

General when your book comes out any chance you'll come on a Bigfoot radio show online to discuss your book and how it all went down ?

Why do we keep on pretending that there is going to be some dna results from Ketchum that will solve the bf mystery. I am sorry to have to tell you this, "it is not going to happen." Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Folks, we are now on the fool me a dozen times. It is time to move on and discuss topics that are relevant to bf. I am tired of the pretending.

Why do we keep on pretending that there is going to be some dna results from Ketchum that will solve the bf mystery. I am sorry to have to tell you this, "it is not going to happen." Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Folks, we are now on the fool me a dozen times. It is time to move on and discuss topics that are relevant to bf. I am tired of the pretending.

Prepare for much more if you stay interested in the subject :)

Guest FuriousGeorge

Bigfootnis, I've had those same feelings from the start. This thread is 48 pages, and it wasn't even the first long thread on this topic. The wait is frustrating. It's good to know that come October 1st we will finally.... uh oh. Never mind. Page 98 here we come.