How close would you get?

Moonface

2 hours ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Easy to say.

Not necessarily.

I have ran towards what sounded like samurai chatter on the side of a mountain in the middle of the night 

I have followed black shapes into thick brush.  Followed tracks.

I do most of my investigation at night, and I move towards whatever activity I experience these days.  

Again, not a particularly brave individual, but I need to find answers on this subject.  I go armed, and I might very well regret it, but I would move forward towards it if I had a clear sighting and it was just standing there. 

If the situation was just right, and I thought that my 10mm Underwood Xtreme Penetrator or hard casts would be enough... I'd try and get a specimen.  Odds of that happening or extremely low though, for many reasons.

You're braver than me BRB.  I have Underwood hardcast for my Glock 10mm but must confess that I feel undergunned when I bring it sasquatching unless my buddy brings his 44 magnum. Maybe I don't need heavy firepower but when I'm alone, I always carry my Ruger Toklat.

Edited by wiiawiwb

I think a lot with me is going to be the size of it and the distance as I posted. Patty size I'm okay but a large male tipping the scale at 800 pounds and standing over 8 or 9 feet or better. Man that's not going to look a like a bigfoot that's going to look like a monster . 

12 hours ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Easy to say.

Yes, it was, but it is based upon a fair amount of knowledge of the subject—myself— of which you have none. I downvoted that snarky shite.

Edited by Kiwakwe
double
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

You're braver than me BRB.  I have Underwood hardcast for my Glock 10mm but must confess that I feel undergunned when I bring it sasquatching unless my buddy brings his 44 magnum. Maybe I don't need heavy firepower but when I'm alone, I always carry my Ruger Toklat.

Like I said...the circumstances would have to be perfect.  Size, distance, situation, etc., etc.

I am in the pro-kill camp, but I am definitely not in the pro-"being killed"  camp.  I would be willing to do take some relatively high degree of risk, but I am not going to kamikaze the thing.  Also, if it was a big specimen...a 10mm Penetrator or hard cast is pretty potent, but it's still a pistol round.

According to the reports, they run smaller in the South compared to out west.  We have found a large print, but most of them have been larger than human but not the giant ones that you commonly see cast.

A 6 or 6 1/2 footer?  Maybe take a shot at it.  9 feet tall?  No way.  Camera footage only.

I haven't been blessed to see one (yet) but always assume when I'm out there it will be 8' and 800 pounds of pure muscle.  I agree a 6 footer would be something else although if it wanted me, I'd never make the trek back to my car. I'd be there for the taking even alert and armed.

Even small critters can hurt one. These are something exponentially different. I have evidence they've been nearby sometimes, but I don't care to see them. Hearing is believing.

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I haven't been blessed to see one (yet) but always assume when I'm out there it will be 8' and 800 pounds of pure muscle.  I agree a 6 footer would be something else although if it wanted me, I'd never make the trek back to my car. I'd be there for the taking even alert and armed.

I have wondered it the ones are in the NW are bigger simply because they are healthier.    Cleaner water,  less disease borne illness,  etc.   The artesian spring find in my research area seemed to indicate that they were traveling some distance for that clean water and bypassing a clean looking to me year round creek.   If they are that fussy they must be pretty smart about what makes them sick.   Given the fact that the first colonists in the SE died out from illness indicates it is a tough go there in the woods.    

Just now, SWWASAS said:

I have wondered it the ones are in the NW are bigger simply because they are healthier.    Cleaner water,  less disease borne illness,  etc.   The artesian spring find in my research area seemed to indicate that they were traveling some distance for that clean water and bypassing a clean looking to me year round creek.   If they are that fussy they must be pretty smart about what makes them sick.   Given the fact that the first colonists in the SE died out from illness indicates it is a tough go there in the woods.    

Admin
On 9/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

A 6 or 6 1/2 footer?  Maybe take a shot at it.

But remember that the one you see, is possibly a decoy for the ones you do not, and that 6 1/2 footer could very well be the "runt"....

• Like 1

Just now, wiiawiwb said:

....and it's time for Dad and Mom, who are out of sight, to see how their training is coming along with the 6 1/2' kiddo!

Edited by wiiawiwb

On 9/2/2020 at 12:30 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It's weird.  I am not particularly brave.  You couldn't convince me to skydive and it would be difficult to get me into a shark cage.  But, the thrill and lure if the unknown in this case makes it worth the risk.

That's how I kinda feel. Okay, so NorthWind and I were out with two in the woods at 75 yards (? Six car lengths or so?) in the pitch black night. I was right next to my truck, in the doorway, which gave me a lot of security, but I wasn't scared. It was exhilarating, actually. 

It did take a moment to figure out what I was seeing. Then I realized it was tree peeking behavior and a sense of utter amazement settled over me. My brain clicked on finally, and I scrambled to find the record button, but I could find it, lol. That's when I handed it off to NorthWind. 

The two bigfoots behaved exactly as everyone says they behave. It was comforting. But, that's about as close as I want to be. There's a reason I chose to stop there, at that particular spot in the road, with visibility all around us! 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Congrats Madison and NorthWind. That is so exciting and something all of us are hoping to experience. Was there any sense of flight during that time or did the wonderment of it all triumph throughout?

Now that you experienced that, knowing the bigfoots behaved as expected, would any fear be present if the two of you are a quarter or half mile from your car the next time?

I want to go sasquatching with the two of you!!!

• Upvote 1

I would consider it a gift of recovery, Madison. An early reason to go strong. What I'm liking is that you folks don't get aggressive and go after these creatures. If what you are experiencing truly is the Bigfoots then they must somehow know your lack of being anything like a threat. I know you'll do the right thing: Give them time, give them space and leave it to them to make all the moves. Obviously there's some healthy curiosity present there- on BOTH sides of these meetings. Now that you two have their attention, there's no rush to do anything but be present which is an approach that seems to be working for you. I'll say it again, you deserve these experiences and I'm happy for you both of you and the rest.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:27 AM, VAfooter said:

But remember that the one you see, is possibly a decoy for the ones you do not, and that 6 1/2 footer could very well be the "runt"....

That's one of those pieces of 'bigfoot lore' that I always hear about, but still confuses me. 

What are we basing this assumption on?  Most sightings are of solitary creatures.  Most tracks and track lines are of solitary creatures.  I know that there are anecdotal stories of their group hunting techniques, but it seems to me that a group (even a small one) would be much harder to conceal than an individual.    

Many hominids are usually social creatures and at least maintain a family unit, but orangutans are solitary by nature...