Mount St. Helens (Threads Merged)

Guest River

Guest Ambermae

They seem to be blowing a lot of smoke when they ramble on about lawyers and the RAND Group.

Not to lend any credence to that blog, but if it's classified you'll never get the info-through official channels.

I don't believe anything that blog has to say for a second, even the woman who runs the whole thing doesn't even know if the 'Debbie' person is even real plus every other day they seem to be going on about the photo's that there is no sign of and most of the people who comment on there tend to have it in for this place, its not easy to find a nice comment about the BFF there.

They have invested a lot of money in our national parkas and forests, it just wouldn't do to tell folks they have monsters in them that like to sneak up and watch kids play.

Unlike critters that like to sneak up and kill/eat kids?

cougarbear.jpg

List of fatal bear attacks in North America.

List of fatal cougar attacks in North America.

ETA: Links to lists

RayG

Edited by RayG

Why add one more thing to worry about if you don't have to. You guys asked for a reason , that would be one. That's why there is such resistance to recognizing the reintroduction of cougars into new territories. Don't scare the campers and joggers.

I don't need to tell you 3 ( but i could if i had to i'm sure ), i'll tell you one & that one is MORE than enough & has multiple reasons muchh beyond 3, within it..

Lumber, or the other words that it is better known as, US Dollars $$$...

Below quote is from this ( Spotted Owl ).. http://www.scu.edu/ethics/publications/iie/v4n1/homepage.html

===

The timber industry, on the other hand, maintains that the benefits of saving the spotted owl are negligible compared to the harm that will be done. Reduced logging in the old-growth forests will harm all Americans and be particularly devastating to communities in the Pacific Northwest. These forests are a primary source of timber for most independent lumber mills in the Northwest, which account for about 65% of Western wood. Many of the saw mills are entirely dependent on old-growth cuts because their equipment can only handle trees with large dimensions.

According to one report, if the volume of old growth declines, up to 28,000 jobs could be lost, leading to "increased rates of domestic disputes, divorce, acts of violence, delinquency, vandalism, suicide, alcoholism, and other problems." Nationwide, consumer prices for wood products will rise substantially. And, lumber-poor nations, such as Japan, which depend on massive amounts of timber from the U.S., will suffer.

===

Look, i don't necessarily " do " the " Goverment Cover Up " thing but nobody on the Planet can tell me that the above Industry devastation that would be caused & the Domino effect it would have on all kinds of levels would NOT be looked upon by the Goverment in a negative way, especially when the Goverment release Figures like this ??

http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/default.aspx?indid=78

You may agree or disagree, whatever is cool, but you can't ignore it & we can't prove or disprove it any time either i'd have thought.. ;)

But isn't the government protecting the endangered species from the logging companies? It seems to me that you have your argument backwards.

And don't you think there are enough environmentalists in the PNW to raise a holy stink if the government was exterminating an entire class of large, intelligent animal?

And back to your previous post; now you're saying there is only one reason instead of many? And your one reason makes no sense.

Got it.

Thanks

As someone who held a government security clearance for some time, I can tell you that the government covers up all kinds of things, sometimes with no apparent reason unless you have some of the details. It often makes no sense with those details. But it does happen, and with regularity.

I don't know about wildlife issues, but the situations created by the Spotted Owl and Snail Darter (when compared to things I saw and read way back when) are easily enough to cause some secrecy. I don't know if this is the case or not, but the idea is not at all far-fetched IMO.

Guest TooRisky

Well once again we have as a forum found another subject that is 30 years old and is neither provable or un-provalble... So were are batting pretty much 1000 on chasing our tails round and round... I have a vested interest in this because of a relative is purportedly to have made statement's heard by another, I have met this person and without coming out confirmed to me it was true, and since his passing his cousin relayed to me this story... I have in-turn confirmed as much as I could and believe what I have been told.

Now is this proof for anyone else, that depends on the person... But when we boil it all down, this happened long ago, no I was not present at the time I was in the Military in Germany, no I do not have any pictures or video, and no I do not know of or think there is any pictures, video or documents...

So as was said before by a very intelligent man... "And this takes us back to square one". This issue will probably never be solved one way or another, but sure would be nice to know 100%.

So I guess this means that you don't want to write about what your helicopter pilot relative claims to have seen shortly after the eruption. I can live with that.

But on the other hand... Please, please, aw come on. I'll be your best friend. Pleeeeeaasse, pretty please. I'll wash yer pickup with my tongue. Please. I'll do anything. I'll mow your lawn with my teeth. I NEED THE GOOD STUFF AND DAGNABBIT, YOU'VE GOT IT!!!!

Whoa! And now for something completely different... :P

Yeah there was, there was a Guy on the old BFF version called Bigfootmorf if i remember rightly, he started researching exactly this & i have some correspondence from him with regards to it..

I'll have a dig & see what i can find.. ;)

Thank you Bobby!

Guest vilnoori

So I guess this means that you don't want to write about what your helicopter pilot relative claims to have seen shortly after the eruption. I can live with that.

But on the other hand... Please, please, aw come on. I'll be your best friend. Pleeeeeaasse, pretty please. I'll wash yer pickup with my tongue. Please. I'll do anything. I'll mow your lawn with my teeth. I NEED THE GOOD STUFF AND DAGNABBIT, YOU'VE GOT IT!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me, too, fact or fiction, I'm interested!

Guest TooRisky

Well I would have but River ruined it for all of you with his drive by insults in my mail box... Like I told him I have given this info to others freely if ya ask me I will give it to you... But if ya tell me to and insult, yell and act like a Rude little man like he did, I don't play that game and he gets nothing... so if I give it out in public I in turn give it to him, and ya just cant give into kids like that... So ask me and I will freely give ya what I have...

Well I would have but River ruined it for all of you with his drive by insults in my mail box... Like I told him I have given this info to others freely if ya ask me I will give it to you... But if ya tell me to and insult, yell and act like a Rude little man like he did, I don't play that game and he gets nothing... so if I give it out in public I in turn give it to him, and ya just cant give into kids like that... So ask me and I will freely give ya what I have...

Yeah, like everything else bigfoot related, it all turns out to be another camp fire story, with no way of possibly looking into it. SURE, i "believe". NOT :D

Just dont expect everyone to be so accepting of every "story" that finds its way down the river.... ;-) Critical thinking, and a little bit of investigation speaks volumes. Amazing aint it, another story..... non verifiable. but yeah... I'm sure it happened dude.

I'm not buying it, and personally I doubt many here are either.

So, in post#1 you say this:

Post up any information you have that concerns this topic.

And now you say this:

Yeah, like everything else bigfoot related, it all turns out to be another camp fire story, with no way of possibly looking into it. SURE, i "believe". NOT :D

Just dont expect everyone to be so accepting of every "story" that finds its way down the river.... ;-) Critical thinking, and a little bit of investigation speaks volumes. Amazing aint it, another story..... non verifiable. but yeah... I'm sure it happened dude.

I'm not buying it, and personally I doubt many here are either.

In other words, this whole thread is a trolling attempt? You're asking for info just for the purpose of shooting it down and expressing your preconceived belief of the veracity of the topic? And you call THAT critical thinking? :lol:

Edited by ShadoAngel
To fix the quote tags

Guest RedRatSnake

In other words, this whole thread is a trolling attempt? You're asking for info just for the purpose of shooting it down and expressing your preconceived belief of the veracity of the topic? And you call THAT critical thinking? :lol:

Welcome to the BFF ~ ~ ~ :lol:

Guest TooRisky

Well said Spazmo... Point... Match... Game

River and those rude enough to go into your mail assailing you with insults and endless drivel about nothing would best to have learned 3 simple things in life... When asking for what you would like from others the word "Please" goes a long ways... When you have received what you have wanted the words "Thank You" go a very long way...

Here endth the lesson and sage advise...

Guest TooRisky

OK I have been informed there is stuff going on and that I should not divulge family info for certain reasons... Now I am all for fair and free discourse of info, but not at the cost of family who will have nothing to do with this or have passed away and can not defend them selves...

So what do I do, I now I owe some an explanation I also know I do not want to divulge for personal reasons to others... i can not pass on information without naming names, and it has been said that there are those that just do not know how to act and abuse this info, the people and cause one heck of some kind of turmoil...

I have a close family... I have very good friends and team members... So maybe it is best that I give out this info to trusted ones that will not go after my family or go after my kin who don't care or know of things that are asked here... So those that want to know what I have and I have said it is to some controversial, to me I say it is good info... Get to know me and me you, I only worry that my Russian Aunts will seriously lambaste me at family get to-gathers if morons call and try to gather info from them... God you have no clue, they are worse that the ultimate skeptic...

So get to know me, lets be cordial and gimme time to know all ya want is some info... Tis cool with me...

I have to say it is a shame that some will go to extended lengths to prove a point... To go to people not involved and ambush them to make a point... Just a shame ...