Mount St. Helens (Threads Merged)

Guest River

Sam,thats not a silly question at all, the Chinese have followed the behavior of the local animals for centuries. i think that animals that are attuned to the earths electromagnetic field are aware of an impending "something" and bug out. By animals i mean birds and ocean animals, but who says that Bigfoot can't sense these changes, or hearing the grinding in the Earth and get the hell out of there?

Guest JiggyPotamus

If certain animals, including sasquatch, sense impending danger from natural phenomena, I wonder to what degree? For instance, is there any way they could comprehend the sheer destruction of a cataclysmic event like the volcanic eruption? Would they know "where" to go, since the disaster was widespread in that area?

If the story of the bigfoot bodies is to be believed, then there were sasquatch that perished from the eruption. Also, seeing as how teams had to go in and collect all the animal remains, I am thinking that many animals either did not sense the danger approaching, or did not sense it to an adequate degree, therefore not removing themselves from the danger. Therefore I say the same may hold true for sasquatch.

But it really is an unanswerable question in my opinion, but not a stupid one. It really is a good question, and one of those questions that many wish were answerable. If you haven't already, you will find that many questions remain in the world of bigfootery, and some of the answers we think are correct probably aren't. Everyone kind of formulates their own ideas based on what they have experienced, as well as what others claim to have experienced. That leaves plenty of room not only for error, but also for the unknown, as there aren't many ways to gather data.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

whether or not the eruption displaced any Bf is a good question.

i assume if they do exist, it either forced them out or they got killed in the eruption or aftermath.

ive often heard claims that animals / creatures are supposed to be able to sense danger or bad weather,some studies seem to support that.

but if there is any truth to the above links,perhaps they didnt sense anything in time & got smoked instead.

perhaps a check to see if afterwards sightings went down in that area which could also indicate a die-off as a result

The 1980 eruption was huge, with a blast of about 7 megatons of TNT (roughly 500 Hiroshima bombs). The wildlife death toll was enormous -- about 7,000 big game critters alone (deer, elk, bears). Tough to get out of the way of a blast that big, even with an early warning.

Because a sighting requires the presence of at least one bigfoot and at least one human, meaningful (immediate) before and after comparisons cannot be made as the number of visitors to the eruption zone diminished greatly afterwards due to infrastructure destruction. It took time to rebuild roads and accommodations.

Not a dumb question at all samwise65 and an hearty and personal welcome to The BFF.

Not sure as to answering your specific question....

I know that if there were any Bigfoot up there at the time they may have been killed but maybe they sensed it coming and left?

but I will state that *Bigfoot: Man or Beast* was filmed in this area a few months prior to the eruption and that documentary is really cool.

Not going to call anyone out, but we've also had a member or two of ours note specific knowledge of BF bodies being removed from the area after the eruption.

No idea if it is true, seems far-fetched to most I reckon, but I will say that these guys aren't *loons* or anything and are well respected within the community.

Nice first post and I'm going to plus it since you had the courage to jump in to the discussion with a good thread.

Welcome friend!

Thanks for the replies and the links!

If the bodies were removed then I wonder who took them and why. It's not like the information would wreck society (Like one of my friends say UFO info would)!

I believe they are out there and while part of me wants it proven, another part wants it to stay a mystery.

Thanks again for the welcome and taking the time to reply.

-samwise

• 3 weeks later...

This may have been a topic before....if so I apoligize if you're re-reading information.

I have never heard anything on this before and ran across and online blog discussing it.

People claiming that the gov took possession of Bigfoot bodies that were killed from the Mt. St. Helen eruption. I even read where someone had posted that some of the bigfoots that were alive, but injured, made their way to native land. They were recovered alive by the government.

Anyways....I have posted the links to some articles and blogs where I read the info.

If you have any further information on this topic, would you please share it. Thanks so much!

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2010/05/sasquatch-and-us-government.html

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/bowen-interviews/

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2011/07/mt-st-helens-bigfoot-body-claims.html

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=29927

Hello Simplyskyla, it is an interesting topic for sure and as such you can pretty well bet it has been discussed here. I don't know if anyone has told you but if you have any question whether a topic is new or has been discussed before you can enter it in the search box at the top right of every page. Sometimes you will find threads which are full of discussion of a topic. If that's the case all you have to do is make a post to wake a sleeping thread. Hope this helps.

Mark

Thanks MArk....I did try that and I kept getting and error saying I entered a character that was not allowed. ( or something similiar to that ) So being the impatient person I am, I gave up lol Thanks though!

Guest COGrizzly

It was talked about extensively on BFF1. If I recall, it turned out to just be a story, with no concrete evidence.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I agree that there was never any concrete evidence, at least that I was aware of. But with that said, knowing that this animal is a real animal, it makes sense that something similar to this would have occurred during the eruption or during one of the many fires in the area over the years. I am convinced that the parks service must know of their existence. At least some of those within the park service, as I am sure those who have not been employed there that long may not know the animal.

I would also bet that they have an unofficial policy about not talking about occurrences that are reported, or a similar policy. The newer people, not knowing much, would just assume the role of skeptic on the topic, so unless they see one themselves they are likely to not believe...That's just a guess, but I would bet that within the organization those who talk about such things are in jeopardy of losing their jobs...That's probably why we don't have any other witnesses regarding sasquatch bodies from fires and other natural disasters.

It's an intriguing topic in my opinion, and really puts me in the mood for searching for actual physical remains, mainly bones. I haven't had any luck here in Texas, but I have to travel a bit to get within their range, so I don't get out as much as I should. And I am relatively new in the scheme of things. Having had a brief sighting in the past, it stands to reason that I will never have another sighting, lol. It's almost just dumb luck, although common sense tells me that one can improve their chances drastically by employing certain tactics, but then again there are just too many unknowns, and too many assumptions about this animal. I am guilty of making assumptions myself, but I think all researchers should be willing to conform their ideas as the evidence comes in. But in this field, evidence isn't always what it seems...It's a quagmire, and a big part of the reason this animal still hasn't been acknowledged by the masses.

I agree that there was never any concrete evidence, at least that I was aware of. But with that said, knowing that this animal is a real animal, it makes sense that something similar to this would have occurred during the eruption or during one of the many fires in the area over the years...

Why? Just wondering what part of that makes sense?

Thanks for the reply Jiggy. Do you mind telling me about your encounter? I truly believe bigfoot exists. I know there

are ideas about the creature being more of a spiritual being or even an alien. My personal opinion is that BF is a mammal from this

planet. How much animal and how much human like...that I'm not sure of.

Guest MikeG

I have merged three threads all on this same subject. Apologies if this causes any confusion, but it does make for interesting reading..

Mike

So, for those interested in this topic I dug this previous related thread up from like page 34 of this section of the forum.

It consists of 4 pages of conversation so please enjoy....

http://bigfootforums...t-helens-pilot/

This particular *linked* conversation took place back in late September early October of 2010 but as COGrizzly aptly points out, there is an awful lot of cool conversation over it included in the *old* BFF 1.0 archives that are now incorporated and included for those who become Premium Members.

SSR Team

That was a great thread HRP & just to add to the second from last Post of it, here is the picture i should have posted of the Guy dragging a Carcass out.

lrsthelens014.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us