Mount St. Helens (Threads Merged)

Guest River

SSR Team

My chosen Book on the Bus to work this morning was Robert Pyle's " Where Bigoot Walks " for no other reason than that i haddn't read it in a while, a great Book about his Journey into the Dark Divide area of Washington State..

& flicking through the lists of Paragraphs, i bumped into this one again which has some relevence to what we've been talkign about here, a decent read however you feel about what we're talking about.. :)

Page 221 onwards is the Chapter in question.

http://books.google.co.th/books?id=HJDC79NbiQsC&dq=where+bigfoot+walks&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=B-2gTLS4GYLQcfv5pPcJ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

After the eruption, there were geologists and other scientists crawling around that area like flies. In fact, one geologist was killed while monitoring the eruption when it blew. Ditto before the eruption, they were watching it around the clock for months.

If someone seriously wanted an answer to this question instead of just spreading an urban legend, these people are still around and easy to find. Geologists are a fun bunch, down to earth, I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions.

Here's a video put out by the USGS:

And a good webpage from geology.com about it:

http://geology.com/usgs/mount-st-helens/

Well said Spazmo... Point... Match... Game

River and those rude enough to go into your mail assailing you with insults and endless drivel about nothing would best to have learned 3 simple things in life... When asking for what you would like from others the word "Please" goes a long ways... When you have received what you have wanted the words "Thank You" go a very long way...

Here endth the lesson and sage advise...

TR,

I would like to hear the details of your relative's story from Mt. St. Helens. I will ask "Please", and definitely say "Thank You". That's the norm with me, anyhow. I'm also not the "carry a bone" type that will blabber it everywhere on other forums, if you ask me not too.

A PM would be fine, at anytime. I can understand you not being comfortable with putting anything to do with your family, on this forum. It's an example for me, for the future postings. Too bad it has to be this way, but the older atmosphere of the BFF version 1, is still present.

My opinion, on the question.. why would the government cover up an incident as such, and not inform the public of this discovery ?

Well, in addition to the answers on this thread, the main reason is.... because they can... that's why. They don't have to give anyone an answer or explanation. I learned this at a young age, when they owned my arsh on a base overseas.

Anyone that has experienced witnessing something they don't think you should know, will back me up on this. Anyone that hasn't, I would expect the usual questions and skeptical opinions.

Hi TR-

Count me in with Imonacan, with a please and thank you as well. PM is fine, actually preferred in this case. I don't need names (at least not yet, if it comes to that I'll let you know). I've heard a few versions of this account, and would like to hear others. Especially if your source is closer to the center of the issue.

If it sounds like further investigation is warranted, I would of course abide by whatever restrictions you feel are necessary, and am happy to do things through you so as not to impose on anyone who does not already know me.

Maybe this will lead to something, maybe not. I guess we can't know that until we do our homework, right?

Thanks TR,

S.

For the record our government only hides things when they have something to gain or lose. Sasquatch would not do anything for them.

Don't say logging or mining, all the other animals in the forests of North America haven't stopped them, why would a sasquatch.

SSR Team

For the record our government only hides things when they have something to gain or lose. Sasquatch would not do anything for them.

Don't say logging or mining, all the other animals in the forests of North America haven't stopped them, why would a sasquatch.

Wow, just wow !!!

SSR Team

This thread is a great example of ...................

Lots & lots & lots of things, both good & bad...;)

Why add one more thing to worry about if you don't have to. You guys asked for a reason , that would be one. That's why there is such resistance to recognizing the reintroduction of cougars into new territories. Don't scare the campers and joggers.

And why when they started the wolf reintroductions in and around Yellowstone, et al, the DOI went out of it's way to "debunk" all the claims coming in for lost sheep, calves, etc when the wolves promptly decided to ignore the fact that they were supposed to stay in the park and started preying on livestock.

Guest TooRisky

After the eruption, there were geologists and other scientists crawling around that area like flies. In fact, one geologist was killed while monitoring the eruption when it blew. Ditto before the eruption, they were watching it around the clock for months.

If someone seriously wanted an answer to this question instead of just spreading an urban legend, these people are still around and easy to find. Geologists are a fun bunch, down to earth, I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions.

Here's a video put out by the USGS:

!

And a good webpage from geology.com about it:

http://geology.com/u...ount-st-helens/

WOW Thanks Sonny for bringing this video forth... I have seen many videos of the blast but this one really delves deep into the subject from the USGS perspective and is very informative as what happened in an eye witness point of veiw... Kudos Man

As for who all was involved there were many groups from loggers to the USGS to the WA. National Guard to the Police to the citizens with property and homes there... Each has a story to tell and all have a different view of what they saw when the mountain blew and according to what their job was... So one can't "can" this up from just one point of view when in fact there are many...

Also remember this effected people world wide, from what I have heard that ash cloud circled the glode twice... The blast was to the North but the ash went East with the wind devistaing Yakima, Spokane and all towns in between as it blanketed the ground with choking and potentialy dangerious ash... so the story gets even deeper.

SSR Team

By all means, feel free to share the results of your "investigation" into this rumor, errr story. (like we all didnt see the obvious already, there is no way to verify one bit of it.) but yeah, keep on spreading the buzz about. Thats what keeps bigfoot alive. Rumor, stories, legends. Not much truth or fact though...

"my cousins brother Neil has this friend named Bob you see, and they saw this ultra whammy errrr..."

"what is your name Neil and Bob... or is that what you do all day?"

"Neil and Bob have since passed, and can no longer be interviewed, and theres this bridge for sale in NYC...."

I find it absolutely incredible..

In your opening Post, of a Thread you started on a Bigfoot Forum where amazingly, some people know the Animal exists, other believe it does, you don't belive it does, others dont' believe it to but you " want to get to the bottom of these rumours " which is cool..

So when some people tell you what they know, you write what you do above & put silly ( i wnat to swear but won't ) quote marks " on a word which someone is doing to try to help you in what you've asked & then you tell them to " keep spreading the buzz about " ??????????????

Are you for real or what ???

I find that VERY rude personally, VERY rude but i just guess people were brought ( dragged in some cases ) up & raised differently.

I really do not understand, i really don't, it truly baffles me ..

This Forum is making my blood boil on a daily basis with what people write on it, sad but true & it makes me angry..

Rudeness makes me angry.

I was in Scotland the August after the eruption and it was unseasonably cold there. And my uncle owned a cattle ranch near Yakima, and it really affected them. My uncle knew Patterson, but he's now in an Altzheimer's ward. Wish I could've asked him some Qs while he was still cogent, but I haven't seen him for years. He was a driller and made a small fortune.

Edited by Sonny