Mount St. Helens (Threads Merged)

Guest River

Guest JiggyPotamus

I want to begin by saying I don't think they are covering up the existence of these animals in a scandalous way, but rather they just aren't telling what they do know. There is a big difference. So if science proves its existence, the government will not try to suppress it or anything. Some of the reasons I believe they are staying quiet are listed below...

The first would be that EVERYONE would want to know EVERYTHING about them, and I am sure there would be many questions the government couldn't answer.

They also do not want the headache of having to reveal this creature's existence, and tell everything they do know. The biggest reason in my opinion is that they know what some of us here are thinking...That sasquatch is better off as a myth than a real creature.

Once their existence is proven, the GOVERNMENT will be in charge of figuring out how to not only protect them, but regulate and enforce the new laws that would have to be put in place. And in the meantime you would have a bunch of people out in the woods either looking to videotape a squatch, or possibly shoot one.

People are unpredictable, and I think just the reasons I listed above would cause them enough headaches to not want to release what they know. So they won't suppress the fact that sasqui exist, but they won't confirm it either. They might after it has already been proven, but they will never say that they knew all along. At least that is my take on the issue.

Admin

Welcome Jiggy.

It's been my observation that government always grows, it rarely if ever shrinks. Politicians would run naked through a briar patch for an opportunity to greatly expand the Dept of Interior and whichever other bureaucracies would have jurisdiction.

It would be like global warming, only better. The EPA would declare it endangered and ofcourse would need more staff (i.e. billions) to study and protect it. A task force would be formed to make recommendations. The sierra club, friends of the earth and the rest of the econuts would be consulted and a very long list of demands produced.

With the promise of more government jobs and help for the local economy, the governors would join the cause as well as local politicians. University research grants would be offered to academics to study the animal, so they'd jump on the bandwagon also.

If the government knew that BF exists, it would be impossible for them to resist the power grab and expansion.

It has been my experience that government never works from a single mindset. There are so many people with so many different ideals as to what government should be, particularly in the US, that half of government spends most of its time fighting the other half.

Then you get into the issue of keeping secrets. I don't care where they work, groups of people don't keep secrets. Everyone tells 'just one person'. When circumstances rub someone the wrong way, they let the secret out to friends or media or the public. Groups of people just don't keep secrets when they think other people know about the secret

The whole story of government workers at Mt. St. Helens maintaining some dark secret, a secret known to others who were also present, just doesn't make sense to me.

I thought MtSH was a spaceship and the eruption was Bigfoot taking off for Mars? Seriously though, I don't think the government is hiding the existence of anything but they also aren't divulging what they know about fringy topics. Sasquatch, Roswell, December 2012... if there's money to be made, they'll take interest. There's not much money to made in mass hysteria unless you are trying to sell a war on non-existent WMD's. ;)

I have a friend that works for the gov't. He's got a pretty high level security clearance (he cant even tell anyone what it is that he does, we've been friends for 15 years and I dont know) and he has told me that classified info is always getting leaked. To prove it he googled a classified project and it came back with a lot of hits giving a ton of info about this project that nobody is even supposed to know exists.

If there were a bunch of people around st. helens loading BF bodies you can bet it would get out.

• 1 month later...
Guest JiggyPotamus

Also, don't forget that a government cover-up doesn't necessarily stop at keeping employees from talking...FOIA documents have shown that the CIA, at one time (and probably still do), had an operation that censored the mainstream media via covertly employing those responsible for the information that gets published or reported on by these outlets. The operation was named, appropriately, Operation Mockingbird. I agree that there are a handful of reasons the government would want to cover-up the existence of bigfoot, but I do not know if this is true.

They have invested a lot of money in our national parkas and forests, it just wouldn't do to tell folks they have monsters in them that like to sneak up and watch kids play.

Isn't that the truth. This is a big pill to swallow.................real monsters out there...........On the other hand, park officials could be accused of not warning the public when all along they knew of the monsters. Heads could roll for keeping quiet.

It has been my experience that government never works from a single mindset. There are so many people with so many different ideals as to what government should be, particularly in the US, that half of government spends most of its time fighting the other half.

Then you get into the issue of keeping secrets. I don't care where they work, groups of people don't keep secrets. Everyone tells 'just one person'. When circumstances rub someone the wrong way, they let the secret out to friends or media or the public. Groups of people just don't keep secrets when they think other people know about the secret

The whole story of government workers at Mt. St. Helens maintaining some dark secret, a secret known to others who were also present, just doesn't make sense to me.

good point

I have a friend that works for the gov't. He's got a pretty high level security clearance (he cant even tell anyone what it is that he does, we've been friends for 15 years and I dont know) and he has told me that classified info is always getting leaked. To prove it he googled a classified project and it came back with a lot of hits giving a ton of info about this project that nobody is even supposed to know exists.

If there were a bunch of people around st. helens loading BF bodies you can bet it would get out.

On the other hand it just takes on person in charge of moving dead animals to put a lid on things. It's job security to order all soldiers to shut up or else while the top officer closes off the area. The story does get leaked but all we hear are bits and pieces that lead nowhere. Soldiers get moved, the story dies, and the commander doesn't worry about his superior coming down on her or him for letting the story get out. Just a safe way to go.................keep out the press.

Edited by georgerm

• 1 month later...

Well here goes my first time posting... and it's probably a silly question.

I have always wondered if anyone knows whether sightings have gone up in other parts of the country after the volcano?

I know that if there were any Bigfoot up there at the time they may have been killed but maybe they sensed it coming and left?

I was talking about this with some friends and the general opinion was that I have too much time on my hands (even though they are all devout believers in ghosts and alien visitors but not Bigfoot)!

Thanks,

Samwise

Not a silly question; just an unanswerable one. There is no database of sightings or encounters that is sound enough to use for meaningful statistical comparisons.

Interestingly, Skamania County, WA, until recently, was the US county with the greatest number of reports in the BFRO's public database. Mt. St. Helens is located in Skamsnia County. I think just in the past year Pierce County, WA has overtaken first place. Mt. Rainier is located in Pierce County, and is north of Mt. St. Helens. There are no major cities in Skamania County, which is almost entirely national forest and national monument. Tacoma is located in Pierce County, although this county also has large tracts of national forest and national park.

well there are BF stories/ rumors about mt st helens for sure, heres a some links to check out.....

http://www.bigfooten...lens_bodies.htm

http://www.cryptomun...wen-interviews/

http://naturalplane....ody-claims.html

whether or not the eruption displaced any Bf is a good question.

i assume if they do exist, it either forced them out or they got killed in the eruption or aftermath.

ive often heard claims that animals / creatures are supposed to be able to sense danger or bad weather,some studies seem to support that.

but if there is any truth to the above links,perhaps they didnt sense anything in time & got smoked instead.

perhaps a check to see if afterwards sightings went down in that area which could also indicate a die-off as a result

..........or maybe your friends aliens beamed them up to safety? j/k :)