Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

hiflier

On 4/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, Rockape said:

All you ever do is stamp your feet and demand Bigfoot be discovered and accuse others of having ulterior motives. I don't recall you ever doing so much as post an interesting photo or video.

You're not supposed to notice that.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Infrasound could be used to easily explain most of the paranormal aspects of what some people encounter. Infrasound was being tested as a non-lethal crowd control method. It can cause disorientation, nausea and hallucinations. Tigers use it aggressively sometimes and large animals in general utilize it.   

Right.  It is a logical solution.   It is a F&B solution.   It is the one I embrace more than any other.   But it is not proven.   Rather than homing in on only one of the possible answers and putting all our eggs in that single basket, I think it is "better" to keep all of the possibilities not contradicting significant bodies of evidence on the table for further consideration.     I believe part of our problem is one or more of our most carefully held assumptions is wrong throwing us off the trail.    We're not finding what we're looking for because what we think we're looking for isn't what actually exists.     Basically I suspect we drove to the lake to fish but we've put our lines out in the parking lot rather than in the water where the fish are .. and we don't know it.  

MIB

• Thanks 1

I agree, no one can be certain, but I think Norse said it well earlier. Is this really our job? Why don't we secure the species validation first and let science do the rest? Let's prove to them it exists and let the real scientists do their work. I'm not in the camp that science is covering this up, the Government maybe, but off the spotlight there are accounts of many scientists that are truly open minded to the existence of this species, it's just that the culture pressures them to not talk about it. 

I think we should be focusing our efforts to hunt down and kill a specimen so we can get this bloody thing over with. No pun intended haha

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Right.  It is a logical solution.   It is a F&B solution.   It is the one I embrace more than any other.   But it is not proven.   Rather than homing in on only one of the possible answers and putting all our eggs in that single basket, I think it is "better" to keep all of the possibilities not contradicting significant bodies of evidence on the table for further consideration.     I believe part of our problem is one or more of our most carefully held assumptions is wrong throwing us off the trail.    We're not finding what we're looking for because what we think we're looking for isn't what actually exists.     Basically I suspect we drove to the lake to fish but we've put our lines out in the parking lot rather than in the water where the fish are .. and we don't know it.  

MIB

As usual, you have articulated it far better than I ever could.

14 minutes ago, MIB said:

You're not supposed to notice that.  

Why would you post such a thing? Character assassination attempts are the marks of trolling. Seems to be a lot of that kind of vendetta/activity from certain members on this thread recently. And a lot more in times past. And it makes me smile to think that new members might be taking notice of such practices.

Edited by hiflier

Just now, Marty said:

I agree, no one can be certain, but I think Norse said it well earlier. Is this really our job? Why don't we secure the species validation first and let science do the rest? Let's prove to them it exists and let the real scientists do their work. I'm not in the camp that science is covering this up, the Government maybe, but off the spotlight there are accounts of many scientists that are truly open minded to the existence of this species, it's just that the culture pressures them to not talk about it. 

I think we should be focusing our efforts to hunt down and kill a specimen so we can get this bloody thing over with.

Exactly.

Like I said before, if someone brings in a specimen...does it really matter if they were out looking for an ape or an alien...as long as we one on the end.

once one is examined, we’ll all know for sure then.  Before we have one, arguing over theory or origin is somewhat putting the cart before the horse.

• Upvote 2

A good method might be using a call mimicking a deer in distress to try and draw a Bigfoot in. An armed researcher in a deer stand can than do what needs to be done to acquire a type specimen.  There are many things that we do not know about this species. But there have been a number of reliable reports which indicate that deer are certainly on the Bigfoot menu. 

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Upvote 2

I'd also recommend HECS, just to help further eliminate/mask your presence from them...if it works, I've heard conflicting things.

• Thanks 1

This is a public service announcement to the Bigfoot community.

"Hi my name is @Daniel Perez, you might remember me from episode 93 of the Cliff and Bobo podcast. I'm publisher of Bigfoot Times, the longest running hard copy Bigfoot publication for fans and investigators. 

I'd like to talk to you about Bigfoot evidence. The community needs your help to identify the Bigfoot species through scientific means. We all know the challenges with this. If you or someone you know is experiencing Bigfoot activity on their rural property, we're asking you to participate in biological evidence collection efforts. You won't often find Bigfoot blood but you are likely to find scat and residual oils from anywhere Bigfoot has touched. It is critical that we capture this evidence properly and in a timely manner.

We've created an app to help guide you through the process all the way through sending it off as a hazmat packet to our contracted lab who will test the samples for DNA matches with other samples we have received.

Together, we'll solve the mystery of Bigfoot. Frankly, we can't doo doo this without you"

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

A good method might be using a call mimicking a deer in distress to try and draw a Bigfoot in. An armed researcher in a deer stand can than do what needs to be done to acquire a type specimen.  There are many things that we do not know about this species. But there have been a number of reliable reports which indicate that deer are certainly on the Bigfoot menu. 

Ive done that with a fawn decoy. I’ve also tried rabbit calls.

I think a universal call of the wild is a dinner bell for sure! I’ve successfully called in a few black bear. Coyotes. No Cougar yet.

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Why would you post such a thing?

I have a knack for the obvious, eh?  

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Ive done that with a fawn decoy. I’ve also tried rabbit calls.

I think a universal call of the wild is a dinner bell for sure! I’ve successfully called in a few black bear. Coyotes. No Cougar yet.

That is probably the most practical method to acquiring a type specimen. Ideally the deer stand should be situated near a known trackway or sighting area. 

I would say a Weatherby .300 Magnum would be sufficient to take down an 800lb + primate. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Be my guest. There are a number of folks here that have expressed fear about doing that kind of thing. That's okay, I get that. My own , experience didn't elicit anything of the sort. no ominous overtones, no cautiously veiled warnings or hinted at threats. And why would there be. I think they were happy that their "inquisitor" moved on though ;) What did I get out of it? A biologist now knows me and my name. Who knows, we may speak again. He did say that the agency would investigate any credible evidence which brings me to why I pursued the official avenue. It was to narrow down my search options by getting a feel for policy at the "top."

The result, as an allegory, is I don't have to sense that I'm searching a 1,000 sq. mi. area of Bigfoot world. The F&W inquiry allowed me to become less curious about an official stance and freed me to work harder toward getting that credible evidence he as a biologist and an active member of the agency would want. And I'm doing that with the intention of bringing the biologist in should I get that evidence. And it ALSO has given me the encouragement to find independent scientists interested in the subject. I mean, we have scientists, yes, but I'm seeing a movement among young scientists that looks encouraging. There's a zooloigist that I have corresponded with who had an encounter in their teens, kept it quiet, and brought it up at a family gathering when in their twenties. The result? They found out that their grandfather, who had also kept quiet, had an encounter or two himself. 

This is good stuff folks and it why I'm so encouraged to move forward and show support for such scientists. It isn't just a whim, it's something that I have been actively working at ever since the DNA soil samples came out from under the first nest find in Washington state. In truth, I am NOT no-kill, I just think that there are other ways to tackle the Sasquatch issue and still help science get what science wants. But that's me. If others feel the same way then great. Collectively, and if done correctly, we might be able to throw our weight toward science and specific scientists whose disciplines are in fields relative to our own. And that has been my bigger overall plan along with the reasoning behind its existence.

I would be interested to see these DNA results. There have also been a number of hairs collected in wilderness areas of North America that were suggestive of an unknown primate. 

I seem to recall a report I read that mentioned one such hair sample as being an unknown primate but most closely related to gibbons. The source was Michael Newton's Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology. The entry on Bigfoot. 

4 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

This is a public service announcement to the Bigfoot community.

"Hi my name is @Daniel Perez, you might remember me from episode 93 of the Cliff and Bobo podcast. I'm publisher of Bigfoot Times, the longest running hard copy Bigfoot publication for fans and investigators. 

I'd like to talk to you about Bigfoot evidence. The community needs your help to identify the Bigfoot species through scientific means. We all know the challenges with this. If you or someone you know is experiencing Bigfoot activity on their rural property, we're asking you to participate in biological evidence collection efforts. You won't often find Bigfoot blood but you are likely to find scat and residual oils from anywhere Bigfoot has touched. It is critical that we capture this evidence properly and in a timely manner.

We've created an app to help guide you through the process all the way through sending it off as a hazmat packet to our contracted lab who will test the samples for DNA matches with other samples we have received.

Together, we'll solve the mystery of Bigfoot. Frankly, we can't doo doo this without you"

Go for it people. Daniel Perez has a lab for any kind of physical evidence. Gee, how come he didn't say if there was activity on a rural property to just shoot the thing? Is he a no-kill proponent because THAT'S not to sit well with some of you. I wrote a book on tracking down and shooting a Sasquatch because I am not a proponent of no-kill. But the book goes on to say that the method is absolutely a LAST RESORT after all other avenues have been completely exhausted. And I've taken that to heart as I always have.

So, any frozen feces or hair out there? Seems to me I read a little while ago that someone had wanted to submit some.

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Go for it people. Daniel Perez has a lab for any kind of physical evidence. Gee, how come he didn't say if there was activity on a rural property to just shoot the thing? Is he a no-kill proponent because THAT'S not to sit well with some of you. I wrote a book on tracking down and shooting a Sasquatch because I am not a proponent of no-kill. But the book goes on to say that the method is absolutely a LAST RESORT after all other avenues have been completely exhausted. And I've taken that to heart as I always have.

So, any frozen feces or hair out there? Seems to me I read a little while ago that someone had wanted to submit some.

Well said. Killing type specimen is an option, but it certainly should be an absolute last resort. 

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Thanks 1