Norse’s trail cam pics

norseman

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Great. Moose eat brush. The use of herbicides in Alaska pretty much requires a permission slip from God.

No Moose on the west side. This is just what I hear. Horseman actually put boots on there horses riding on timber ground.

The state of course says it’s something else.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/diseases/elk-hoof

Nice Xmas present. A little human kindness goes a long way. What is the structure in the background? The reflectance and attenuation of the IR flash by the moose is interesting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

Nice Xmas present. A little human kindness goes a long way. What is the structure in the background? The reflectance and attenuation of the IR flash by the moose is interesting.

It’s a hunting blind I let a disabled vet hunter build last year. I helped. But he got skunked this year. Bucks were nocturnal. And I didn’t hunt.

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:40 PM, norseman said:

Hey fatso! Get your own bale!

IMG_0384.png

This is an image to show you why you should not drive like a crash test dummy in 'moose' territory.

Compare the body mass of the deer with the moose.  Moose is a lot higher. Hitting a moose with a sedan or truck can be fatal to the vehicle occupants. A frontal crash can launch the moose over the hood and into the passenger cabin. Injury / death by blunt force trauma. Give Bullwinkle a break, drive slow. Still looking for Rocky to fly through one of these trail cam pics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Wish we had a few passing thru our neighborhood, might slow people down.  Bears and white tails are not big enough to do it.  I've

rolled a whitetail at 15 mph and the force of impact still broke out headlight mount and smeared bumper paint despite heavy braking and

moving to another lane on a country backroad with no traffic.  i knew it was a crossing zone near some old dove fields so i was hyperalert

even to the possibility.  Blame thing just kept coming despite my efforts to steer away.  Watching a cornfed whitetail roll three times in your

headlight viewshed and get up and walk away is a surreal nightime experience.  A co-worker in the same location was not so lucky and

totalled a Jeep Cherokee. 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

This is an image to show you why you should not drive like a crash test dummy in 'moose' territory.

Compare the body mass of the deer with the moose.  Moose is a lot higher. Hitting a moose with a sedan or truck can be fatal to the vehicle occupants. A frontal crash can launch the moose over the hood and into the passenger cabin. Injury / death by blunt force trauma. Give Bullwinkle a break, drive slow. Still looking for Rocky to fly through one of these trail cam pics.

Re; Rocky, do you have flying squirrels out in that area, I have seen a few glide and hit trees and wind around them on impact to avoid owls off my back elevated lighted porch. 

4 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Re; Rocky, do you have flying squirrels out in that area, I have seen a few glide and hit trees and wind around them on impact to avoid owls off my back elevated lighted porch. 

Bird feeders with sunflower seeds and a motion sensing porch light or cam can catch them at night. Our cat killed one a number of years ago in the springtime, and a relative nearby had his porch light going on and off one night. He watch through the window and caught a northern flying squirrel coming and going, trying to get a meal without that obnoxious light disturbing him. :lol:

• Haha 1

BFF Patron
11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Bird feeders with sunflower seeds and a motion sensing porch light or cam can catch them at night. Our cat killed one a number of years ago in the springtime, and a relative nearby had his porch light going on and off one night. He watch through the window and caught a northern flying squirrel coming and going, trying to get a meal without that obnoxious light disturbing him. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

11 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Yep, when I had a cat and developed a collection of flying squirrel tails as presents, I decided I didn't need a cat anymore, lol   

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

........Yep, when I had a cat and developed a collection of flying squirrel tails as presents, I decided I didn't need a cat anymore, lol   

That particular cat was the most murderous cat I've ever seen. Mrs. Huntster has had several over th years here. That one was a stray that showed up one day crying at the door in sub-zero temps and decided to stick around. She must have been living feral for a time, because she was an incredible huntress. All the other cats we've had didn't kill like she did.

I wish I had a cat that would kill off the red squirrels or catch me a sasquatch.