General consensus on what Bigfoot is

Grub-Girl

28 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

.........human (sapiens) evolution is firmly planted on Terra Firma.

In the most basic way, the fact of biologic human evolution is established, but the details are very unestablished. For example, not one but two "species" of Homo have been "discovered" in just the last 18 years, and if these hominids could interbreed with Homo sapiens, the argument over whether or not they are even a different species is quite valid.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

You know, the more I think on things, the more I wonder if this conclusion is more correct in some way The sasquatch species seems to fit right in to this planet. and us? Maybe not so much. Drop us naked in the woods and we'd be dead within a week, probably less. 

I think they are a hominid species that split from our branch of the family tree a long time ago. We share some similarities, and vast differences. They are a mirror version of us. We are day - they are night. We are tool users - they have no such need. We are destroyers - they are maintainers. We manipulate the world to suit our needs - they manipulate themselves to live in the world. We share commonalities, but I suspect our differences outnumber them. I think they are perfectly suited to the wild, as much as we are suited to community.

Yes, those are the striking differences, Humans are ill equipt and incredibly destructive to every system on Terra, moreso, I think, than any other species including cancers. Strange to "evolve" methods of survival so far outside the sustainability of one's habitat. We really don't seem to "fit," not at this stage anyway.  Maybe our current state- illnesses, environmental degradation, food toxification and bill gates are hurdles we'll evolve around to become better suited stewards and participants of/in the incredibly elegant system we inhabit. The Sasquatch would appreciate our re-alignment methinks, maybe our off-world progenitors would too:) It's interesting to consider. I'm a big fan of time, no need to force all of the answers now, with so many missing pieces. The arrogance some display over the question is pretty juvenile, we don't even know what we are, outside of flesh and bone, kinda funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:19 AM, zeebob889 said:

I never made such a claim. Pesky scientists keep finding new branches of the human(ish) tree, it seems we dont even fully know our own geneology from the start. There's zero evidence of man's off world origins.  That said I've known a weirdo or two in my time that if I found they were alien hybrids, that might explain a good deal..

I don't believe that we have off world origins.

What I do find strange is that we are the only terran species that has harnessed nuclear energy and walked on the moon.

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

What I do find strange is that we are the only terran species that has harnessed nuclear energy and walked on the moon.

Once sapiens achieved a certain level of technology and population, they effectively stymied the evolution of other species developing technology of their own.

Imagine if prides of lions banded and cooperatively attacked human villages en masse. Or a Planet of the Apes scenario. It would spark an extermination campaign.

Of course sapiens has been around for a measly 300k years, Mother Nature might be warming up some ideas of her own to humble these upstart primates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, norseman said:

It began we developed language likely

2 minutes ago, zeebob889 said:

It began we developed language likely

"In the beginning was the Word........"

• Upvote 2

I can’t help but feel like the prophet Elijah in the midst of King Ahab’s pagan Israel. 

My goodness. 

25 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

I can’t help but feel like the prophet Elijah in the midst of King Ahab’s pagan Israel. 

My goodness. 

Because I’m the one being persecuted here for being rational. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

You are being persecuted for stating your opinion as absolute fact about something you only know about from what you read in books, articles and other media as well as from what you heard in blogs and such and then ridicule those that don't agree with you. Some of those people (me included) have first hand knowledge of this creature and some are knowers. I don't think sasquatches have anything to do with aliens, inter dimensional travel, portals and such and even though I have experience it, I have a hard time with mindspeak stuff. Like I said, I think sasquaches  are flesh and blood creatures with novel physical attributes, but just because I believe that, it doesn't make it so. I choose to keep an open mind to this and not try to force a sasquatch in a box theory on everyone.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

No one is persecuting you for being rational wooly, it's the arrogance inherent in characteristic statements such as: "there's no such things as aliens."

That's just irrationally arrogant IMO:)

ETA, I see Doug covered that...And just tone it down a tad wooly, plenty of room here for discussing all possibilities even those that seem impossible.

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Upvote 2

This is a lot disjointed but bear with me. Tired. But interesting thread even with the conflict.

IMO, they're relic hominids, or extremely neurologically atypical recent relatives to us. (or we are in a simulation and they're glitches? Or archetypes expressed genetic memory?) But you can still call them aliens, metaphorical or literal in the sense that they are unknowable. Not literal in the sense they're from Uranus.

Metaphorical or literal, doesn't matter. Aliens exist. Metaphorical aliens are us vs animals. Literal far out non Earthican aliens are as yet unknown, I assume. But abstract aliens most certainly do exist in the abstract and you can't deny the math. Math says they exist because we exist.

But this is the fun part.

There's presumed to be two types. Grabby and quiet.

We are the "grabby aliens" (Google it) of the universe (currently defined as Earth). Sasquatch are quiet aliens.

We expand to fill every niche in our planet, change it as we like, and soon will start to fill our solar system. We will eventually expand at about 1/2 C and take as much as we can until we bump into neighbors.

I don't see Sasquatch doing that.

Sasquatch are destined to die out along with every other animal species on Earth that we don't take along for the ride. They're all quiet aliens too.

There is mathematical proof of aliens and theories as to what they're like. But the fact is, we exist, the universe is mind bogglingly big. Things like Sasquatch used to exist and may still exist. So, IMO, and in the opinion of many mathematicians, this isn't a question of if, but where.

We are aliens to them. They are aliens to us. They are quiet aliens. We are loud aliens.

We won. They lost, or are losing.

See. Disjointed. Ask me about how I think the could be extremely autistic humans sometime.

I totally understand what you are saying Doodler, but man, if I had to think that hard all the time, it would hurt my simple brain. Sometimes when the weighty, deep and sometime abstract thoughts on a subject come up and I contemplate them with an open mind, I sometimes revert back to something more simple such as the old saying; "ignorance is bliss" and just go with that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Once sapiens achieved a certain level of technology and population, they effectively stymied the evolution of other species developing technology of their own.

Imagine if prides of lions banded and cooperatively attacked human villages en masse. Or a Planet of the Apes scenario. It would spark an extermination campaign.

Of course sapiens has been around for a measly 300k years, Mother Nature might be warming up some ideas of her own to humble these upstart primates.

Or we may have had some nudging…

I think we're losing, and they may survive our dominance, which is superficial in the long view of history. Talk with your local NA tribe :bow:

Edited by JKH

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic