The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

.........My Q is this:   Shouldn't we see Bigfoot all the time at feeding stations, Bird feeders, Garbage cans, and so on?........

The current estimated population of black bears in North America is 600,000, and a map of their estimated range in 1995 is below.

If the sasquatch density is 5000, that would be a ratio of 120 bears/1 sasquatch. 

Some estimates of the black bear population is as high as 1 million, and some estimates of sasquatch populations are as low as 500, which would be a ratio of 2000 bears/1 sasquatch.

I suspect it's closer to 200 to 300/1. So you'll see 200-300 black bears before you see a sasquatch.

Moreover, as an Alaskan (and a bear hunter/baiter), I beat the odds ratio due to my habits. I even use a game cam at my bear bait sites. I have several pics of both black bears and grizzly bears and even a wolverine at my bait site.......but, notably, not a single wolf pic (that wouldn't surprise experienced trappers). All total, not many pics. I also see bears at locations other than my bait site. Almost no pics. I have a dash cam in my daily driver, but not yet in my pickup/camper. I've had black and grizzly bears cross the road in front of my truck several times. No pics.

2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Are we asking the right Q?

We see these bear feeding at a feeding spot and this is caught on camera.  (see this thread)  Then, we see something odd-shaped about the same time but it doesn't look like an obvious animal.   Some say- with enough contortions- it makes it a Bigfoot.   

My Q is this:   Shouldn't we see Bigfoot all the time at feeding stations, Bird feeders, Garbage cans, and so on?

We spend all this time asking if the fuzzy blob on the camera is Bigfoot instead of asking the right Q.    Assume this is bigfoot in the pic (and I don't at all believe it is). That tells us Bigfoot is willing to eat at a feeding station.  We then should expect- based on this new established behavior -bigfoot is willing to eat at feeding stations.   That should have occur all the time.   There are a lot of feeding stations out there in the world.  Lots.   At some point, we should see Bigfoot at them.   

I can catch a bear at Yellowstone, in a stream eating salmon, or even in a garbage can.   Yes, there are more bears than 'Bigfoot'    But at some point, there should be occasional regular bigfoot sightings.

Here is a pic of a bear eating garbage.  Shouldn't we expect there should be pics out there of Bigfoot doing the same thing?

AFR: Sifting through the trash for stockpicking treasure • Atlas Funds ...

I agree with Huntster that the population is much lower than say a black bear. A good example is why isn’t the Bear in your photo a Grizzly Bear? Probably because there are no Grizzly bear in that area.

Secondly and more importantly is that I don’t think Bigfoot is a normal animal. I think it’s intelligence is at least that of a Chimp and maybe somewhere between a Chimp and a Human. And lastly this thread brings up another possible phenomenon. Are sightings in many areas not Bigfoot at all but a known ape species? I would like to know how many great apes reside in North America and how many escape each year?

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

The current estimated population of black bears in North America is 600,000, and a map of their estimated range in 1995 is below..........

Whoops! The map!........

FE714E31-21F8-4DC7-8B90-00EC550E422D.jpeg

• Haha 1

A quick search says there’s 2,000 chimps in captivity in the US in various hands, wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few hundred more ‘off the books’.  So up to a half dozen or so getting loose every year seems reasonable to me.  And if they’re in a warmer area with plentiful food sources they’re in luck.

Here’s a red deer we had roaming our property, no idea where it came from or where it went, has a tag in it’s ear.  Despite multiple black bear/mountain lion sightings on the place have never gotten a picture of one.  But the passing red deer which is as rare as a hen’s tooth practically poses for the camera, probably still out there somewhere.

28CAF116-E8DA-4F1F-87AC-2082AF26478B.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Chim Chim said:

A quick search says there’s 2,000 chimps in captivity in the US in various hands, wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few hundred more ‘off the books’.  So up to a half dozen or so getting loose every year seems reasonable to me.  And if they’re in a warmer area with plentiful food sources they’re in luck.

Here’s a red deer we had roaming our property, no idea where it came from or where it went, has a tag in it’s ear.  Despite multiple black bear/mountain lion sightings on the place have never gotten a picture of one.  But the passing red deer which is as rare as a hen’s tooth practically poses for the camera, probably still out there somewhere.

28CAF116-E8DA-4F1F-87AC-2082AF26478B.jpeg

Wow! Very cool.

On 10/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, Chim Chim said:

Good point! There's been a few unreported chimps on the loose in Florida with some pictures showing that they're obviously chimps. Someone who had an undocumented chimp is highly unlikely to report its escape to avoid the punishment that would be bound to follow. We even had some undocumented monkeys get loose in central Georgia this year that were seen swinging in the trees in a gated community.

Edited by Rooster-T
addition
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Big Cats were roaming England and killing livestock.   Was it a werewolf ?    it was assumed someone owned panthers , leopards, and so on as pets.  Later by accident or intent they were released into the English countryside.    Could be something similar with chimps.   This is also true in Florida with snakes when hurricanes destroyed homes, cages, and fences.   See all the snakes taking over Florida now.  They even say some chimps, orangutans, and so on are on the loose for similar reasons in the Florida swamps.   Swamp apes?

• Downvote 1

On 10/24/2023 at 10:48 AM, Huntster said:

Whoops! The map!........

FE714E31-21F8-4DC7-8B90-00EC550E422D.jpeg

Just food for thought;

The above is the range of black bears in 1995. Below is their historic range.

Imagine what the past 500 years has done to historic sasquatch range…….

IMG_2225.jpeg

• Thanks 1

IIRC, black bear range has increased in the last 30 years. Although the two species' ranges may overlap and they are similarly omnivores, I think that's where the comparison ends.  The evidence suggests that Sas range is all the continental US states and more. I've heard some longtime investigators think their numbers are increasing. 

23 minutes ago, JKH said:

IIRC, black bear range has increased in the last 30 years. Although the two species' ranges may overlap and they are similarly omnivores, I think that's where the comparison ends.  The evidence suggests that Sas range is all the continental US states and more. I've heard some longtime investigators think their numbers are increasing. 

In Michigan I know black bears are coming about 35-40 miles south of what this map shows.  Not a lot but consistent enough to be talked about.  

On 10/16/2023 at 9:27 PM, Huntster said:

“Only 2 photos” is Fake News. This very link you have posted from 2007 has always had the entire set simply try scrolling down the page. This is a prime example of not properly looking at the evidence and you’re not alone it’s common among so called “Bigfoot experts”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

“Only 2 photos” is Fake News. This very link you have posted from 2007 has always had the entire set simply try scrolling down the page. This is a prime example of not properly looking at the evidence and you’re not alone it’s common among so called “Bigfoot experts”.

I did scroll down the page, and my post included comment on some of the other pics. Was the creature in question in any of the other photos on the page?

3 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

On 10/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, Huntster said:

Along with the bear cubs 28 minutes earlier, and a whole bunch of other pics from the camera as you scroll down. Those are the only two pics of the supposed sasquatch.

Is that correct? Or is the accusation of my "fake news" a bit of "propaganda" on your part?

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Is that correct? Or is the accusation of my "fake news" a bit of "propaganda" on your part?

It’s not you it was Chim Chim’s post that you referred to on Oct 16 he said: 

“Has anybody ever seen more than the 2 photos commonly shown, I know I haven't.  I thought that's all there was.”

Edited by Grubfingers