Can You Really Shoot A Bigfoot?

airforce47

11 minutes ago, MIB said:

In other words, no agency has an internal training or policy instructing their employees how to deal with a bigfoot report.

And you know this how?

12 minutes ago, MIB said:

While some folks may assert that lack of recognition is "proof" of a coverup, I don't think that is valid. 

Lack of recognition is not saying the creatures don't exist. Until it is officially stated that they don't exist then the door is wide open for them knowing that they do. On the other hand, if the creatures don't exist then federal and state governments are complicit in a scam. Can't have it both ways.

26 minutes ago, hiflier said:

On the other hand, if the creatures don't exist then federal and state governments are complicit in a scam.

In what way?     

31 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And you know this how?

Go back and re-read.   I already gave the answer.  

31 minutes ago, MIB said:

In what way?  

By not telling the public they don't exist then the business side of the Bigfoot subject which includes conferences, BFRO expeditions, tickets to things, merchandise, book sales....everything....continues. That all generates tax revenue- which goes....where? So, don't say it doesn't exist and the revenue flow remains intact. And that revenue flow is generated simply by folks dangling carrots and government not telling the truth. Can't believe how many times I've had to restate this over the years. Apparently it doesn't stick, register, or simply gets used to keep dialogue going around in circles here. Doesn't anyone ever get tired of the same old stuff? Read, understand, and move on....for once.

Government and corporations are all about money. And if anyone thinks Bigfoot discovery won't put a crimp in resource harvesting and outdoor recreation... think again.

Edited by hiflier

I don’t agree with this view that the government is complicit in a scam.  People can hold conferences and believe in what they want.  Not on the government to police what people believe in or want to spend their money on.

The taxes end up the same way all taxes do.       

4 minutes ago, Twist said:

I don’t agree with this view that the government is complicit in a scam

They don't tell you the truth but take your money anyway? You're obviously okay with that. Wonder why?

19 minutes ago, Twist said:

I don’t agree with this view that the government is complicit in a scam.  People can hold conferences and believe in what they want.  Not on the government to police what people believe in or want to spend their money on.

The taxes end up the same way all taxes do.       

Honest question.

The government denied the existence of UFO’s for a long time. Swamp gas, Jupiter, mass delusion, etc. The whole subject was laughed at by science. Now? The government has admitted that they are studying the phenomenon with all seriousness. NASA has jumped on board as well. 

So the precedence has been set before for government cover up. So why can’t it be happening right now with other phenomena?

Ive struggled with the reasoning behind the why? Obviously advanced technology has security issues attached to it. Unlike Bigfoot. Who knows. I suppose there could be reasons for a cover up.

So I guess I would like to know how you square all of this. I respect your opinion and would honestly like to know.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, norseman said:

The government has admitted that they are studying the phenomenon with all seriousness.

Like in the 50's and 60's when they used to scramble jets and go out to landing sites with geiger counters and have guys with medals on their chests appear before the public on TV? The links below tell me that all the government is doing is placating the public AGAIN in order to put everyone back to sleep.

https://sgp.fas.org/library/ciaufo.html

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/secret-government-program-track-ufos-its-not-first-180967597/

"In the United States, the first government-sponsored program for looking into UFO sightings was Project Sign, which began in the wake of the first wave of reports of “flying saucers” in 1947. Project Sign ended its work in 1949, having investigated more than 250 cases. It was replaced by Project Grudge, which lasted until 1951, followed by Project Blue Book, the best known of the government UFO studies and the longest-lived. It was disbanded in 1969. All of these programs were run by the U.S. Air Force."

Edited by hiflier

50 minutes ago, norseman said:

Honest question.

The government denied the existence of UFO’s for a long time. Swamp gas, Jupiter, mass delusion, etc. The whole subject was laughed at by science. Now? The government has admitted that they are studying the phenomenon with all seriousness. NASA has jumped on board as well. 

So the precedence has been set before for government cover up. So why can’t it be happening right now with other phenomena?

Ive struggled with the reasoning behind the why? Obviously advanced technology has security issues attached to it. Unlike Bigfoot. Who knows. I suppose there could be reasons for a cover up.

So I guess I would like to know how you square all of this. I respect your opinion and would honestly like to know.

The government has been known to coverup many topics, nothing new there.    Why do I believe there is no coverup with BF?  I don’t see the reason.  I am speaking actively covering up, slightly different in my eyes to ignoring it.   IE no mobile squads intimidating witnesses or removing bodies.     Like all things BF I could be wrong and when proven wrong I’ll accept it and move on lol.   Just currently, that’s my stance.  

1 minute ago, Twist said:

Like all things BF I could be wrong and when proven wrong I’ll accept it and move on lol.

Same here, Twist. Difference? I'm active, your passive. No problem there but being highly active in the pursuit of the truth with the methods and logic that I employ, it would be nice to get a little respect. Not necessary of course as everyone already knows, just it would be nice. I'm not out to prove anyone wrong or right, I'm out for the truth which I truly think can be had with \no harm or danger to any one or any thing. Personally, I also think that scientific discovery of this creature is closer than anyone thinks that it is. Problem is, when it happens, it'll definitely ruffle a few feathers.

Someone dispatching the creature and dropping on science's doorstep is always on the table. I'm doing everything I can, in every way I can think of, to not have that happen. The clock is ticking.

20 minutes ago, Twist said:

The government has been known to coverup many topics, nothing new there.    Why do I believe there is no coverup with BF?  I don’t see the reason.  I am speaking actively covering up, slightly different in my eyes to ignoring it.   IE no mobile squads intimidating witnesses or removing bodies.     Like all things BF I could be wrong and when proven wrong I’ll accept it and move on lol.   Just currently, that’s my stance.  

Thanks for your response.

After the UFO cover up was exposed. One of the reasons given for the cover up was that UFO’s were seen by some in the government as a demonic presence. I don’t want to get us in trouble per forum rules. But I could see where a archaic hominid currently walking the Earth may rattle a few cages. Maybe. It wouldn’t rattle mine. Truth is truth and it should be first and foremost the top priority. 

Ultimately? Nothing anymore would surprise me with my government. We can take this to the tar pit if we like.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, norseman said:

Thanks for your response.

After the UFO cover up was exposed. One of the reasons given for the cover up was that UFO’s were seen by some in the government as a demonic presence. I don’t want to get us in trouble per forum rules. But I could see where a archaic hominid currently walking the Earth may rattle a few cages. Maybe. It wouldn’t rattle mine. Truth is truth and it should be first and foremost the top priority. 

Ultimately? Nothing anymore would surprise me with my government. We can take this to the tar pit if we like.

I agree with all of that and if it there was a coverup I’d guess it’s along the lines you speak, disrupting mans origin.   I’d put that above all the other possible reasons such as ppl not visiting National Forests or needing to protect the land.   It would be bible thumpers pushing the coverup.    As with anything there will be people on both sides pushing their agendas.    

• Upvote 2

Discovery will not disrupt man's origins. We didn't come from Chimps and we didn't come from Sasquatches. We came as a branch of the last common ancestor to them. Completely separate.

The trick now is finding the best method for discovery that has the potential of getting the most people involved with as little risk and as little money as possible. The caveat being that any results would have to be something science would accept. Hey, guess what? Back to square one- which I'm not the least surprised at. What's say we all go right back to the thread's title and begin again ;) Norseman and I can lead the charge anew and we can have some more fun.

Yes of course, I'm being cynical, but there some truth to it if BFF history has anything to say to us. And being grown ups we have choices: Either fall back into old patterns or do something different. The only thing different is collecting samples for DNA testing like those with the right credentials are currently doing. There must be something trustworthy with that method of no one in the last 25 years would have had anything to do with it. In fact, it's really kind of a no brainer in this day an age.

Inc1, I've searched high and low for my meds......sorry, no dice. Now lemmesee.....where could I have put them..... ;)