Anyone seen SWWASAS?

Madison5716

BFF Patron
On 1/15/2023 at 2:11 AM, gigantor said:

Calm down people, he paid his Premium Membership last month.

He's probably living it up in an island somewhere...

Now he tells us!  At least we know @gigantor respects our confidentiality right until the subpoena is under his nose, lol! :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

Good to hear from you!    I am indeed glad rumors of your demise are exaggerated.  

@SWWASAS so sorry to hear that your bout with covid has been so nasty, ugh! Very glad that you have been able to get back in to the forums.  

I really appreciate the philosophy you have settled upon and I am impressed by the thoughtful consideration you have been giving to your previous interactions. Don't be hard on yourself, life doesn't come with an instruction manual!

Being in the woods is magical (most of the time)...and there is a long list of great reasons to enjoy being out there. Wishing you continuing better health and glad to have you back!

It's good to see you back SWWASAS.  You've experienced a lot in the field and many of us wish we could have shared those moments, myself included.  I hope you feel better.

Just get back out there on your schedule and enjoy the outdoors. The sasquatching stuff will happen when it does. In the meantime, I'll send along my sasquatching honeyhole address...maybe you can send them there until you feel better and ready to interact again!! :)

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Hi folks sorry for your concern.

No reason at all to be sorry, my friend. That's just the way we are around here :)  I, too, wish you a good recovery and thank you for reiterating your field experiences. I also agree that our presence may have more of an impact than we researchers are aware of or willing to admit. A reclusive creature is also one who is keenly aware of differences in their environment so it stands to reason, which is what I have said on numerous occasions, that we ARE a disturbance to those that call the wild their home. Do it often enough in a given area and any earlier experiences will disappear. And it makes perfect logical sense, or should.

It's one of the main reasons I have given up on bushwhacking and try to stay out of remote areas. Plenty of encounters and reports come in from places that we Humans are normally in, on roads we are normally driving, or at campsites we normally visit. Bottom line here is that I am firmly convinced that these creatures are more in the way of being social beings than we give them credit for. I have said on numerous occasions that if we are scarce then the Sasquatch will miss us and seek US out. There was a sighting here in Maine just last December where one was sighted out in the open not 100yds from a busy highway while  crossing a marshy area from one stand of bordering woods to another. That stuff will happen if we back off and get out of their habitat for a while.

Edited by hiflier

8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Hi folks sorry for your concern.     (imagine the whole thing is quoted ) :)

#1 - welcome back! That was a lot of information packaged into a single post.

On the unfriendly interactions. On the Omaha Rez we preach over and over that it's about respect. When you go into their house, you need to respect the residents.

That is about the reaction I'd expect to cornering one or being where they need you not to be.

If it were me, I would go back and apologize. I know that will sound silly to some, but in my world it's the right thing to do. And I think it matters...

On the hitting your backpack or being touched while obviously nobody is around you is unusual, and can challenge your world view.

There are lots of instances like this on the Omaha Rez, and once I felt a touch on the back with nobody near me.

One of my friends said something came out of a tree, hit the ground running and brushed him as it went by. He only heard it and felt it, but never saw it.

He called it Counting Coup...

On the "invisible" thing and "preditor" mode. I've heard this too many times to write it off. Just don't ask me to explain how it could possibly be true.

I had an experience in Iowa last year that left me with the same feeling you have about it.... Can't shake it.

Again... Welcome Back...

• Upvote 3

Good to have you back in the neighborhood SWWASAS! Glad to hear all is well. I agree with Redbone, if you really feel you've put the Sas clan out in some way, apologize next time you are up there. There is a helluva lot more sentience out there than our ignorant ***** err, donkeys allow for.

Edited by Kiwakwe

Thank goodness, I'm glad to "see" you back, @SWWASAS!  You were missed! Madison and I talked about you more than once on our outings, wondering if you were ok. Welcome home!

BFF Patron

@SWWASASWow, glad you survived Covid and BF both (and BF Lunch Club, lol).  Hope you gain more strength but fully understand your experiences.  I have had the "counting coup" one and have mulled over the cloaking after several experiences, I have to say that I think there is something other wordly involved there for sure.  I totally understand your recall and feelings but remember, BF finds you: you don't find them.  Their purpose was the one that was selfish in a way: no guilt should be felt but I do believe in the power of respect and offerings. 

I had an experience where I dropped by error a running audiorecorder.  For all intents it was lost.  Then several weeks later after repeated ground searches retracing my path it showed up next to the base of a significant tree in my research that was on that route I took.  It had  what looked like an incisor mark on it as if someone was biting/testing a gold coin with a slight crack to the melamine case.  It recorded wind noise, leaves blowing, footstep crunches, some electronic or EVP chatter, some what sounded like flying insect noises and the whole of the recording made the hair rise on the back of my neck making me think I was watched on that trip and shortly after it was dropped and as I move up, over and through a gap in the mtn it was retrieved but not placed where I could find it until weeks later.  I couldn't shake that whatever was around had cloaked as I moved through that area.  Nice of them to return my recorder to a locale I could find it.  One of the stranger experiences I have had I must say. 

Good to have you safe and sound back in the fold

Edited by bipedalist