Anyone seen SWWASAS?

Madison5716

On 1/21/2023 at 3:38 PM, Redbone said:

On the unfriendly interactions. On the Omaha Rez we preach over and over that it's about respect. When you go into their house, you need to respect the residents.

That is about the reaction I'd expect to cornering one or being where they need you not to be.

If it were me, I would go back and apologize. I know that will sound silly to some, but in my world it's the right thing to do. And I think it matters...

You know, that may not be a bad idea. I don't know what people generally think of Mr. Robert Morgan, but I've read his books and he takes a very non-provacative, peaceful approach of respect as I recall. He instructs one to go in with respect for not only the creatures but the land. I've heard him talk of holding your arms up and turning and saying hello and stating how you mean no harm and even apologizing for intruding. His book "Bigfoot Observers Field Manual" outlines these approaches. Worth a look see I believe.

Also....welcome back SAWASAS!

• Like 1

BFF Patron
On 1/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, hiflier said:

It's one of the main reasons I have given up on bushwhacking and try to stay out of remote areas. Plenty of encounters and reports come in from places that we Humans are normally in, on roads we are normally driving, or at campsites we normally visit. Bottom line here is that I am firmly convinced that these creatures are more in the way of being social beings than we give them credit for. I have said on numerous occasions that if we are scarce then the Sasquatch will miss us and seek US out. There was a sighting here in Maine just last December where one was sighted out in the open not 100yds from a busy highway while  crossing a marshy area from one stand of bordering woods to another. That stuff will happen if we back off and get out of their habitat for a while.

You could very well be right.     Perhaps they noticed lack of people in the woods during the pandemic?  One thing I did notice was that if other people were around,   hiking , shooting or whatever,   or even another car at a trail head,   I never had contact.    I suspect that when a juvenile was involved my first contact,  when I was within 20 or so yards of it, and withdrew without any sort of threat to it,  I was given a pass for a while.    The pass may have been two ways in that I suspect an olderr teen juvenile was often involved,   based on footprint finds.     Perhaps the teen was even encouraged to practice avoidance with me since I had been deemed a non threat at the initial encounter.   When I got pushy, impatient, and trying to get them to break cover was when things started going south.    Or when I messed with an adult, perhaps the reaction on their part was differrent.     Rather than entertainment I was a pain for them?     If you think about it even if you establish some level of trust with a local group,    you cannot expect that with some migrating BF that travels through your research area.  

As an aside note in my internet feed today I had a pop up commenting on someone who claims to be a time traveler from 2258.     He has made various claims in the past about future events.   None of which have panned out.      His latest claim is that sometime this year,   one of the two operable Mars rovers will discover human bones on Mars.   That would sure create some excitement.    It reminded me of a dream I had when I was having encounters.    In the dream I was invited to some sort of BF social gathering and not very welcome to the large male clan leader.       In the dream I asked the BF if they were extraterrestrial.    They said there were not but we humans were.      Human bones on Mars would suggest that we are Martians or at least from some other planet.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

........Perhaps they noticed lack of people in the woods during the pandemic?.........

There were more people in the woods around here during the pandemic. They were paid handsomely not to work, and the state was actually telling them to go out into the great outdoors and away from crowds. Then, after the pandemic, it seemed like those people would never go back to work. It has only been recently that it seemed to settle back down, but I think that happened only after the weather turned (and stayed) nasty in July of 2022.

On 1/21/2023 at 3:33 PM, hiflier said:

It's one of the main reasons I have given up on bushwhacking and try to stay out of remote areas. Plenty of encounters and reports come in from places that we Humans are normally in, on roads we are normally driving, or at campsites we normally visit. Bottom line here is that I am firmly convinced that these creatures are more in the way of being social beings than we give them credit for. I have said on numerous occasions that if we are scarce then the Sasquatch will miss us and seek US out. There was a sighting here in Maine just last December where one was sighted out in the open not 100yds from a busy highway while  crossing a marshy area from one stand of bordering woods to another. That stuff will happen if we back off and get out of their habitat for a while.

No doubt about it that sightings do occur in areas where humans are out and about. Probably more often. The reason I continue to bushwhack is I want to be confident that feedback I'm getting is not coming from someone else. So I try to go to areas that are harder to get to, have ponds and water, and are places others wouldn't care to go. Having to navigate through, or around, a cedar swamp is likely a deterrent that most would prefer to avoid.

325080092_Cedarswamp.jpg

Hey, wiiawiwb, I fully get that. I also understand that you have yet to have a sighting, which is your personal goal. Once that happens, if it ever does, what's your next move? Keep at it? And if so what's your end goal, because you've said you're not out to prove existence to anyone else. I say this because should you be fortunate enough to see one then understanding just how important your experience could alter your initial thinking about what to do after such an encounter?

Glad to have you back, my friend! Very interesting stories, too. Hope you continue to heal up and enjoy life ❤️ 

BFF Patron
21 hours ago, Huntster said:

There were more people in the woods around here during the pandemic. They were paid handsomely not to work, and the state was actually telling them to go out into the great outdoors and away from crowds. Then, after the pandemic, it seemed like those people would never go back to work. It has only been recently that it seemed to settle back down, but I think that happened only after the weather turned (and stayed) nasty in July of 2022.

They probably all bought RV's and golden age passports just to get to Alaska to harass you @Huntster  ;)

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

They probably all bought RV's and golden age passports just to get to Alaska to harass you @Huntster  ;)

Thankfully, the Canadians stopped them. They even stopped Alaskans from driving home for a while. 

I like a 2000 mile wide border!

Edited by Huntster
  • Haha 1

BFF Patron
On 1/21/2023 at 5:40 PM, Kiwakwe said:

Good to have you back in the neighborhood SWWASAS! Glad to hear all is well. I agree with Redbone, if you really feel you've put the Sas clan out in some way, apologize next time you are up there. There is a helluva lot more sentience out there than our ignorant ***** err, donkeys allow for.

I would do just that if I could figure out where they moved to.     I suspect East,   deeper into the Gifford Pinchott.     It really surprised me that my research area was that close in to begin with.     I started looking there because of decades old reports of vocalizations in the area and one close sighting by a paper carrier.  .     Not really populated with humans but a scattering of rural cabins here and there nearby.     I keep watch of media reports of sightings,   hoping that what worked the first time will work again if some area is active.    I think part of the problem in Skamania County WA is that there are sightings and people just accept them as being there all along and don't say anything to anyone,   which is the common response anyway.  

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 11:35 AM, hiflier said:

Hey, wiiawiwb, I fully get that. I also understand that you have yet to have a sighting, which is your personal goal. Once that happens, if it ever does, what's your next move? Keep at it? And if so what's your end goal, because you've said you're not out to prove existence to anyone else. I say this because should you be fortunate enough to see one then understanding just how important your experience could alter your initial thinking about what to do after such an encounter?

Hiflier, that's an excellent question and one I probably wouldn't know until after I were blessed enough to have a sighting. I know of a guy, a mountain of a man, who had a sighting and became so fearful of the woods he avoided going anywhere near it for several years. Would I be like him? I'd like to say no because the woods are my playground but one never really knows. 

I'd like to think I would whatever I reasonably could so that no harm would come to them. One reason, I'd keep my sighting/encounter disclosure to only a handful of trusted friends and family. Thanks for asking, my friend.

A VERY cool and candid answer and I thank you for it. I do not wish any harm to befall such a creature either and so really appreciate your mature discretion.  

On 1/22/2023 at 9:53 PM, CelticKevin said:

You know, that may not be a bad idea. I don't know what people generally think of Mr. Robert Morgan, but I've read his books and he takes a very non-provacative, peaceful approach of respect as I recall. He instructs one to go in with respect for not only the creatures but the land. I've heard him talk of holding your arms up and turning and saying hello and stating how you mean no harm and even apologizing for intruding. His book "Bigfoot Observers Field Manual" outlines these approaches. Worth a look see I believe.

Also....welcome back SAWASAS!

To add to this, I would expect a highly in tuned creature to be able to sense some kind of intention we have going into an area, best to remain peaceful and nonthreatening, maybe more sightings might happen? Skulking around versus just wandering around with a purpose

Edited by Marty

BFF Patron

During the last part of the time my research area was active, I talked to them when I thought they were present.     Figured it could not hurt anything and perhaps even though they did not speak English (I suspect they know some) they could determine from the tone of my voice that I meant no harm.     During the encounter where it was zapping me with infrasound,    I told it to stop because was hurting me.      And said something else about how I was impressed that it could do that.   It did stop almost immediately but that could have been coincidental.       It was several months after that incident before I went back into the woods.   My gut still hurt the next day.      A first peoples signal that you are friendly is to raise your right arm with your hand open and show that you are not armed.    That with humans is done world wide.   If we had any idea what they call each other we could call out their name.     We have been under their observation for 10s of thousands of years.    I suspect they know a lot more about us than we know about them.  

As far as language,   there are reports from Florida that Skunk Apes have been heard speaking Spanish words.       Spanish speakering humans in Florida have been there for hundreds of years longer than English speakers.       Perhaps in the PNW or New England states, we should be trying to communicate with them in French?   

6 hours ago, Marty said:

To add to this, I would expect a highly in tuned creature to be able to sense some kind of intention we have going into an area, best to remain peaceful and nonthreatening, maybe more sightings might happen? Skulking around versus just wandering around with a purpose

They know your mind and heart. A little human kindness goes a long ways.