Are Old Bigfoots Sly When Hungry & Take Out Solitary People

georgerm

11 minutes ago, georgerm said:

What do you think of Dr. Mathew Johnson's answers to your questions?

I honestly don’t put much thought towards him at all.  I tend to gravitate towards the “this is what I saw/experienced, but I have no explanation for it” types as opposed to the folks who have elaborate and fully fleshed out explanations for the phenomenon, but cannot provide anything to back up those claims.  

I am open to some pretty far out stuff. A large portion of my time and income are taken up with the exploration of phenomena that many on this board would scoff at.  However, I try to approach irrational subjects in a rational manner.  If someone has the phenomenon completely deciphered and can provide all of the answers, I figure that they can show their work on how they arrived there.  Otherwise there’s not much to differentiate them from the homeless guy on the corner screaming that the end is near.  

1 minute ago, norseman said:

It makes logical sense if your goal is to convince science to go look. And you have lots of cash to sift through DNA in water samples. Either way they are still going to want a chunk of the critter. Where as if your spelunking and find the top of a skull and start digging and it’s a giant ape man skull? Nirvana!

Agreed. But I think there is already enough in the way of DNA results to get science to go look. Or to at least generate interest. And I've said before that testing doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. One member here has set up a situation for free testing and so have I.

9 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

All very fair points.  It still seems like we are missing something.  

Either these things are so few In number, they are practically extinct.  Or they come from “somewhere else”, are briefly here, and then return to whence they came.  

I’ve never accepted the fact they are in every forested state in the union. I think they are more rare than a Grizzly bear. 

The alien explanation could be valid in today’s world where they seem to be everywhere. But how far down the rabbit hole do we wanna go?

Much of the criticism about Bigfoot is based in nothing in the archeological record. But is this accurate? I don’t think it is. I think this is suppressed. I think there is plenty of evidence something was here long before 12,000 years ago.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Agreed. But I think there is already enough in the way of DNA results to get science to go look. Or to at least generate interest. And I've said before that testing doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. One member here has set up a situation for free testing and so have I.

Show me how to take a proper water samples and send me kits and I will start collecting water samples for you. Easy to do. 

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

Where as if your spelunking and find the top of a skull and start digging and it’s a giant ape man skull? Nirvana!

Again, agreed. But I'm not the one who's going to be spelunking when collecting water samples covers a much, much greater area. But that still means sampling a lot of creeks, ponds, and streams. As one guy, it's why I go look for snow print evidence. Like those RMSO guys who found a trackway in snow and, as far as I know, never collected any snow for DNA testing. They would be so close to the truth right now had they done so. I emailed them about it a couple of days ago.....no response.

59 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........Could a breeding population of relic hominids still remain hidden in North America? Yes or No?..........

Yes, but only if land and wildlife managers participate in the hiding.

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

The alien explanation could be valid in today’s world where they seem to be everywhere. But how far down the rabbit hole do we wanna go?

That’s what I struggle with… 

Honestly, I don’t go into much on this board, but I think that people are experiencing a few different types of phenomena that are all wedged under the Bigfoot umbrella.  

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

Show me how to take a proper water samples and send me kits and I will start collecting water samples for you. Easy to do.

Send them to someone in your neck of the woods. I think NorthWind may be a good guy to contact. Ot Meldrum, or the Olympic Project. There's nothing special about me that can't be done by anyone else.

58 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yes, but only if land and wildlife managers participate in the hiding.

I think it goes well beyond that. Meaning not only biology, but archeology.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Honestly, I don’t go into much on this board, but I think that people are experiencing a few different types of phenomena that are all wedged under the Bigfoot umbrella.

Apparently so, but since hair and footprints are found that's what should be investigated (and is) and potentially tested. Put the time, effort, money, and thought where it has the best chance to pay off. Physical trace evidence is something tangible so why not simply, and reasonably, focus on that? One needs to start the process of proving existence in the physical realm because there is physical evidence to be had in which to do so.

Did you email the RMSO about collecting DNA from their snow prints? My guess is no. And more than likely no one else from here did either. And my guess is that after all this time the importance of the methodology STILL isn't on anyone's radar. Why that is I couldn't tell you. Science does it all the time, which, by the way, also includes our more well-known BF scientists.

49 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Did you email the RMSO about collecting DNA from their snow prints? My guess is no

Are you speaking to me?  Because I do not know what you are referring to here.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Again, agreed. But I'm not the one who's going to be spelunking when collecting water samples covers a much, much greater area. But that still means sampling a lot of creeks, ponds, and streams. As one guy, it's why I go look for snow print evidence. Like those RMSO guys who found a trackway in snow and, as far as I know, never collected any snow for DNA testing. They would be so close to the truth right now had they done so. I emailed them about it a couple of days ago.....no response.

Everything is one more tool in your tool belt. The problem with me and DNA is where to send it to. No matter if it’s water or bones or poo or hair or whatever. Until Bigfoot researchers all get collectively together and stop trying to reinvent the wheel independently? Nothing is going to change. The people who are well versed in DNA need to set up a national collection.

So I go out and look for the tangible stuff. Stuff that a layman such as myself can easily recognize as novel.

9 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Are you speaking to me?  Because I do not know what you are referring to here.  

This is what he is referring to.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

That’s what I struggle with… 

I take solace in the fact that we have a fossil record for Bigfoot like creatures. Ape men, archaic Hominids, whatever you wanna call them. Scholars can debate the when and where and how? But there is no refuting what we call Bigfoot, resembles what is represented in the fossil record. And every year there are more and more discoveries.

Why if they are extant they defy discovery can be debated as well. But we are not talking about a bipedal werewolf or a flying moth man that defies all known taxonomy and is not even remotely represented in the fossil record.

00A0E854-522B-461A-B71E-CDBD03273866.webp

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

This is what he is referring to.

Gotcha.  He has quoted me, so i assumed that it was directed towards me.  I didn’t understand the reference.

• Like 1