Are Old Bigfoots Sly When Hungry & Take Out Solitary People

georgerm

53 minutes ago, MIB said:

I think that is a reasonable line of thinking.    We should be alert to digging in remote places big enough to conceal a body.    I haven't seen such a thing.   

Or maybe poke around caves and mine shafts? Thats were much is found in anthropology.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Or maybe poke around caves and mine shafts? Thats were much is found in anthropology.

In places where those exist they are definitely worth checking out (my opinion of course).    We don't have either right here.    The mining is essentially all placer mining so of no use.   I can think of a couple mine shafts and one limestone cave across an area about 150 miles x 150 miles.    What we do have .. in places .. are big rock slides / boulder fields.   One way to dispose of a body in them is to hide it in a crack between boulders, then let nature (gravity) cover it with gravel over time.    Another would be to dig into the talus, then rebury.    Since this is mostly designated / legal wilderness, no heavy equipment would be available, and otherwise in areas simply too remote / too far from roads, it would be difficult for a human with mere muscle power to remove the rocks, etc that something with the assumed strength of a sasquatch could use to cover a grave / burial site.

I'm not as negative a that sounds, just being realistic about the challenges.   It is very worth keeping an eye out for an opportunity.   If the first ones don't pan out, another still might.   We only need one success.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I forget where I read this but plants that grow on top of a burial site, due to trace minerals, gasses, and organic compounds loosed from a body, show up differently when viewed under UV light. Doesn't mean Sasquatch though. Could be any animal including Humans. Think I saw it on a forensic website when I was researching that angle as a possible way to discover bones.

Edited by hiflier

https://www.wired.com/story/could-a-tree-signal-if-a-corpse-is-decaying/

This wasn't the article but it does go into the science side of finding deceased animals and such. The key words in the article are changes in "leaf color and reflectance." The reflectance part I am sure is detectable with UV but I'm finding it difficult to pin it down. It could also be UV absorption? In either case I'm 99% sure UV was something I read about somewhere. Same method science uses when studying images of UV detection on flowers to see what bees and other insects see.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The Columbia basalt flow that covers much of the Columbia river drainage in Washington and Oregon is a basalt layer that averages well over 1000 feet deep.    That was formed from rifts in the crust and must have been something amazing when it happened.    Anyway it is honeycombed with lava tubes.     Many we know about but most likely many exist that are unknown to European settlers.   I suspect that many are used by BF in the winter or perhaps year round.      While it may be below freezing above the surface,  the average temperatures in the tubes year round are in the 40s.     Speaking of vegetation colors,   if you look at the satellite image of ape cave with superimposed trail features you can see where the lava tube runs because of the lighter color vegetation on top of the tube.      The thin soil layer over the tube does not support large tree growth.     If someone went from known tubes, learned the color differences,   or taught a computer to recognize them,    one might be able to find unknown tubes.     I suspect that some of the missing in Skamania County WA disappear because they blunder into holes and fall or are helped into holes in lava tubes.     Climbing out may be impossible through a small hole in a collapsed roof.    LIDAR might show clues as to where they are.    

There are a lot of BF sightings in or near gravel pits.    Not sure why.   Eventually  gravel pits go inactive and could be used for rock burial.   Certainly burial in heavily rooted forest soil would be very difficult without shovels or pick axes.      But if dead BF were carried into the mountains, buring them well enough to avoid scavengers in talus slopes would be just a matter of moving enough loose rock and not require tools.      Humans in mountainous areas with little soil and much rock intern their dead in rock.     And finally I found a 4 by 12 rectangular shaped stack of rocks in the talus slopes on the East Side of Mt St Helens.   It was not natureal,  the rocks appeared to be stacked, and a strangely shaped delicately ballanced arrangement of rocks on the West end looked like a bird.  Those rocks for sure were placed there.     I felt like I was being watched while there and did not get closer than about 4 feet to the feature.      It was litterally a couple of hundred feet South of the Ape Canyon trail.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MIB said:

In places where those exist they are definitely worth checking out (my opinion of course).    We don't have either right here.    The mining is essentially all placer mining so of no use.   I can think of a couple mine shafts and one limestone cave across an area about 150 miles x 150 miles.    What we do have .. in places .. are big rock slides / boulder fields.   One way to dispose of a body in them is to hide it in a crack between boulders, then let nature (gravity) cover it with gravel over time.    Another would be to dig into the talus, then rebury.    Since this is mostly designated / legal wilderness, no heavy equipment would be available, and otherwise in areas simply too remote / too far from roads, it would be difficult for a human with mere muscle power to remove the rocks, etc that something with the assumed strength of a sasquatch could use to cover a grave / burial site.

I'm not as negative a that sounds, just being realistic about the challenges.   It is very worth keeping an eye out for an opportunity.   If the first ones don't pan out, another still might.   We only need one success.

No it’s good to be pragmatic. I might start packing an entrenching tool in my travels.

• Upvote 1

Quarries, according to one report, can offer hibernating rodents (yum!). Also Grizzlies frequent talus fields in higher elevations in and around August to feast on the fat rich millers (moths) that hide under the rocks. They can pack on thousands of calories a day to help prepare for winter. One would think a fresh burial in a rock slide would stand up well against Grizzlies digging in and eating the remains? I've always liked your lava tube theories, SWWASAS  :-) 

As I've said before, it's my current take on things that the big  furries represent earlier hominids(H erectus?)  that crossed the bering strait whenever ocean levels dropped, in successive waves. They've been here a long time, and that coupled with genetic isolation from the original stock(those remaining in what's now russia)lead to independent paths of evolutionary development. During the periods of glaciation, it's not unreasonable to think the same selective factors that brought about the megafauna would have similar effect on any hominid populations here as well, not to mention the presence of all the megafauna predators. As humanesque creatures there was the inherent social cognition that facilitated cooperative defense and hunting/gathering, which would no doubt prove critical to the survival of any pleistocene primate/hominid within that context. Their omnivorous diet and conscious adaptability allowed them to survive the shifting plant communities which took out those herbivores who specialized on specific plants such that when those died out, so did the herbivores, only to be followed by the predators that fed on them. 

But its possible that it was during this period of their social development that the "rules" arose, in that individuals drawing attention to their presence and therefore the groups was just asking for predatory incursions by any number of threats, as daunting as facing a cohesive group of 10' hominids might have been.

The issue of cognitive evolution is pertinent here, and even if on a different pathway, there's little reason to think it was far behind that of their old world counterparts in terms of potential social development and complexity. Our perception of it lies largely in just how far we ourselves are willing to consider possible on their part. Could it be that outliers and rogues are so rare simply because they all grasp the dangers exposure/taking humans represents to each of them. 

As for other agents of such control, providers of the rules, the "don't eat people"thing could easily come from managing humans(government)who demonstrate their determination to uphold this edict with high powered weapons. Under the fairly apparent idea that the government knows of them, it then comes down to the cognition of the furries and if there is effective two way communication  between them and the government overseers. Needless to say, if there is, there's bound to be any number of additional rules, what with our government.....

I've also heard some outline how the sasquatch are somehow held accountable by some form of aliens responsible for the sasquatch being here in the first place, and thus it's them imposing these rules.

But then with 600,000 people going missing here every year, with roughly 90% being found later in some form or another , that still leaves the remaining10%, 60,000 people going unaccounted for. Now I'm not suggesting the sasquatch are getting all of those, or even most, but maybe there's more outliers and hairless dwarf-eating rogues than is let on to. Maybe, just maybe, that's just a "rule" they tell us about to put us at ease so we're more comfortable taking all those solo walls in the woods...

Personally I have never subscribed to the idea that the Sasquatch's cognitive ability is somehow any better than that of a Chimp. In other words: Put a Chimp's brain inside of Zana's skull and the historical account of her life wouldn't change one bit. As far as a Homo Erectus comparison goes? No tools and no fire. But shouldn't we prove them real first before this? Or before any other such speculative conversations gets tossed around?

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

But then with 600,000 people going missing here every year, with roughly 90% being found later in some form or another , that still leaves the remaining10%, 60,000 people going unaccounted for. Now I'm not suggesting the sasquatch are getting all of those, or even most, but maybe there's more outliers and hairless dwarf-eating rogues than is let on to. Maybe, just maybe, that's just a "rule" they tell us about to put us at ease so we're more comfortable taking all those solo walls in the woods...

Your comment reminds me of a conversation I had with a elder in the Quinalt tribe.     I had asked him something about best practices should you have a BF encounter and if you should be afraid.       He said that he was more concerned about dealing with an enounter with the forest little people than BF.    I said you mean humans and he said no.    He sort of shut up at this point and did want to continue the conversation.     The tribe at one point was taking names of non tribal people who wanted to go bigfooting on tribal lands.     They must have changed their mind because I never heard anything.    

4 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

But then with 600,000 people going missing here every year,

The number seems pretty high.   Could you help me understand ...

1) Where is "here"?   

2) What is the source for the number?    How is it derived?

3) Who is included?   What conditions to count someone in?   What conditions to omit them?

Thanks ...

I googled "how many people go missing in the US every year?"

it's also the source of roughly 90%(88-92%) being recovered, either dead or alive. Which struck me as a high percentage as well. Personally I was expecting a number closer to 350,000

19 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

I googled "how many people go missing in the US every year?"

it's also the source of roughly 90%(88-92%) being recovered, either dead or alive. Which struck me as a high percentage as well. Personally I was expecting a number closer to 350,000

My guess is the 600k number includes runaways, druggies and people who don’t want to be found by family. But have never been to a trail head in their life. They are living under a bridge in Seattle or on a beach in So Cal.

The people who go missing in our national forests and parks is going to be significantly less.

BFF Patron
On 2/23/2023 at 1:16 PM, guyzonthropus said:

"Our approach was to take care of the white man one at a time, or in small groups......" Lol

My concern with older BF who are slowing down is that they seek out older BF researchers who are also slowing down with age.   I can only hope I am on so much medication that they know I would taste really bad.   

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1