Are Old Bigfoots Sly When Hungry & Take Out Solitary People

georgerm

BFF Patron

To question wheather BF or any other unknown homindid does not live in social groups is ignoring the fact that all modern hominids including humans live in social groups.     It would be a challenge to name one that doesn't.      Gorillas, chimps, bonobos etc etc all live in similar social groups.     And looking backward in time archeological finds, suggests that man and his long list of ancestors also lived in social groups.     I just saw a report on fire use by human ancestors over a million yearrs ago.      Ancestral humans have been relatively defenseless against most apex preditors have pretty much forced us to gather for mutual protection,  even from each other.      Admittedly bigfoot may be the modern outlier in that it is presently capable of physically defending itself even against large bears.  However predators have been much larger in times as recent as the last ice age.    My point is if BF does not live in social groups of some kind, it is very unusual for a hominid.      Additionally,  while visual evidence is limited,  many sightings are of more than one BF at the same time.     

6 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

To question wheather BF or any other unknown homindid does not live in social groups is ignoring the fact that all modern hominids including humans live in social groups.     It would be a challenge to name one that doesn't.      Gorillas, chimps, bonobos etc etc all live in similar social groups.     And looking backward in time archeological finds, suggests that man and his long list of ancestors also lived in social groups.     I just saw a report on fire use by human ancestors over a million yearrs ago.      Ancestral humans have been relatively defenseless against most apex preditors have pretty much forced us to gather for mutual protection,  even from each other.      Admittedly bigfoot may be the modern outlier in that it is presently capable of physically defending itself even against large bears.  However predators have been much larger in times as recent as the last ice age.    My point is if BF does not live in social groups of some kind, it is very unusual for a hominid.      Additionally,  while visual evidence is limited,  many sightings are of more than one BF at the same time.     

Orangs are the exception. Orangutans live solitary life styles. Why? For survival. The males have a long call that attracts ovulating females. They also have physical contact with their offspring the longest.

https://redapes.org/a-semi-solitary-life/

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I think it goes well beyond that. Meaning not only biology, but archeology.

It does with respect to land and wildlife management, especially with the variety of land ownership realities; national, state/provincial, tribal, individual, corporate, etc. All have a good number of motives, both corrupt and moral, to keep quiet about the existence of a primitive human or ape species on their lands.

Not so the science disciplines. All have the exact opposite motive to discover the existence of whatever it is. 

Unless they're corrupt...........

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

It does with respect to land and wildlife management, especially with the variety of land ownership realities; national, state/provincial, tribal, individual, corporate, etc. All have a good number of motives, both corrupt and moral, to keep quiet about the existence of a primitive human or ape species on their lands.

Not so the science disciplines. All have the exact opposite motive to discover the existence of whatever it is. 

Unless they're corrupt...........

Well let’s set Bigfoot aside for a second. Does science defend the Clovis first hypotheses like a mama bear with a cub? Yes. Yes it does.

In spite of….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerutti_Mastodon_site

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish_Caves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedra_Furada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_Early_Man_Site

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hueyatlaco

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-oct-03-adfg-bones3-story.html

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Glad you brought up the Ice Age, if BF exists then it definitely evolved to work around all those creatures that perished over 10,000 yrs ago. In time/evolution that's a blip, almost nothing so I'm not sure that's enough time for an entire species to let go of its habits that formed from millions of years of coexistence with Saber-cats, a variety of Wolves, large LARGE Bears, a variety of other Cats including American Lions and Hyenas (the latter being a Mustelid). That's why I brought it up in another thread how BFs might have some form of species-wide PTSD of humans and other predators that they avoid us like the plague because that's what kept them alive while the rest perished. Keep your family close and guarded.

I'm speculating of course on all of this, but maybe the individuals that seem to lack the fear of people are those who are simply getting on with the times. 

But as pointed out earlier, yes Orangs are the one exception and it's for a very good reason. Perhaps BF is this way too, forming communities but are still rather introverted and solitary MOST of the time. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:51 PM, georgerm said:

Just speculating here and proposing a theory. Are some diabolical Bigfoots smart enough to know taking out a human from a small camp will lead to search parties. Will this also get them in trouble with the clan leader? Do old hungry bigfoots that are too slow for deer take out a single slow person hiking in the woods? They eat them, and know to bury the remains since they are aware leaving body parts brings in search parties? No evidence means no search parties. Do they hide in stick structure blinds along deer trails or human trails to pick off single individuals? Seems like David Paulides 411 cases line up with these scenarios.

th?id=OIP.vq2OTB4Q84xSUSW6koYwYgHaFj&w=288&h=216&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.6&pid=3.1&rm=2

Going by the stories told by the First Nations peoples of these creatures snatching women and children and considering the Missing 411 cases I would say that it probably happens from time to time. These are large, highly attuned omnivores that are physically capable of snatching a person if the scenario and conditions were right. If food was scarce or if the said Squatch was either old, sick, or injured a predation could definitely happen. 

If you look at a decent chunk of the Missing 411 cases the victim is usually found miles and miles from the point of disappearance and usually they are found (if they were found at all) through miles of highly rugged and sometimes unnavigable terrain (mountain ranges, swamps, thick forests, across rivers, ect). Interestingly enough, a sizable amount of the disappearances happen just as or before a very nasty weather system moved through the area, delaying any search and rescue efforts by a couple of days, if not longer. If you ask any accomplished hunter or fisherman about bagging that monster buck or that trophy fish, they'll tell you that the conditions need to be on point in order to optimize the chances of your pursuit being successful (environment/habitat, tracks, sign, game trails, wind, weather patterns, air and water temperatures, tides, season/time of year, ect). And it seems that the optimized conditions and scenario for a Sasquatch predation would be on a lone, unarmed hiker along a desolate trail surrounded by miles and miles of harsh terrain and just before a nasty front or weather system goes through the area. 

Another thing that I think that gets overlooked is that the Squatch in question might not necessarily need to be old, sick, or injured to predate on a human. Just as we have "rogues" amongst humanity that buck societal norms or out right violate them (killers, criminals, gangsters, psychopaths, sociopaths, cults, cannibals, ect) I would imagine that Sasquatch might have those issues as well. The "rogues" may live in regions where the more "conventional" groups and clans aren't located or don't go to. Or they may live in proximity of (or be members of) clans that are more lenient to human predation or out right allow it or encourage it. Just as different orca pods focus on hunting specific prey items (be it salmon, herring, seals, sea lions, sharks, sting rays, dolphins or whales) I would imagine different Sasquatch clans would have different attitudes on the predation of humans. 

As far as concealing the remains go, I would imagine that they would take the extra step in burying the bones deep if they felt the need to. Though, there have been cases of the search and rescue dogs refusing to follow the scent trail of the victim due to being afraid of something...

Yes, it's definitely a possibility. 

Edited by SquatchRex
  • Upvote 2

And it seems that the optimized conditions and scenario for a Sasquatch predation would be on a lone, unarmed hiker along a desolate trail surrounded by miles and miles of harsh terrain and just before a nasty front or weather system goes through the area. 

Bigfoots are probably smart enough to take advantage of the conditions that you mention.

If you look at a decent chunk of the Missing 411 cases the victim is usually found miles and miles from the point of disappearance    

So these victims look like they have been transported a long ways away? I need to read more of these cases. 

Another thing that I think that gets overlooked is that the Squatch in question might not necessarily need to be old, sick, or injured to predate on a human. Just as we have "rogues" amongst humanity 

Yes ..........Janice Carter during Beast TV #83 pod cast said that some clans of bigfoots are hostle and people need to stay away from them.  Are they cannibalistic?  They eat meat and don' like people in their territory so why no?

• Like 1

BFF Patron

I just had a lightbulb go on in my head.     I have mentioned before that my research area and an area next to it in WA were labeled as a Special Management Area.       The labels went up as the clearcutting swept through the area and protected about 10 acres of forrest leaving an island of forest surrounded by the clear cut.       I do not know why they were posted but is it cooincidence that the areas were active BF area?   I had a number of contacts and found probably 10 footprints during my 10 years of boots on the ground.      Anyway if you are in the field in Washington State and encounter one of these signs, 
carefully check out the area for footprints and other sign of BF presence.     When they were posted I inquired to the DNR as to why the area was designated.   They never responded.       Hrere is a picture of the signs which are posted all around the area.     

IMG_1047.JPG

GLAD YOU POSTED THIS. I RAN INTO THIS TYPE OF POSTER IN A VERY ACTIVE BIGFOOT AREA WHERE SEVERAL ENCOUNTERS HAVE HAPPENED OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS. 

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, georgerm said:

GLAD YOU POSTED THIS. I RAN INTO THIS TYPE OF POSTER IN A VERY ACTIVE BIGFOOT AREA WHERE SEVERAL ENCOUNTERS HAVE HAPPENED OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS. 

Anyone else encounter this sign in a WA BF active area?      Other than BF the only thing special about this area that I found was an artesian spring in the middle of it.      I think it was a special watering hole for the BF.       I found it by following a collaped lava tube.     I thought maybe there was an opening someplace for the lava tube and the BF were living in the lava tube.  Anyway I followed the collapse and found the spring.    It had water year round and was probably very clean water since other than it there was no surface water to contaminate the spring.     

I don't think the WA DNR manages state forests do they?     Seems like forest management is a separate agency and DNR is wildlife.      Anyone know?   

40 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I don't think the WA DNR manages state forests do they?     Seems like forest management is a separate agency and DNR is wildlife.      Anyone know?

WA DNR: "Our mission: Manage, sustain, and protect the health and productivity of Washington's lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations."

Two DNR agents did show up the site of the WA nest site. What they thought about who or what built the nest structures, though, is an unknown. When I read that the agents had been there I emailed the DNR four times asking about their assessment of the site and got zero in the way of a response. I then emailed my own F&W asking if they would inquire on my behalf and was told that since it didn't involve Maine that they wouldn't send any inquiries.

BUT I also found out at that time, after I informed them of the discovery, that they had not heard anything about it. I did all of this four years ago and tried to get any Forum member here who was a Washington state resident to write and se if the DNR would respond to a resident. I was disappointed and had a difficult time understanding why no one seemed willing to do such a follow up. If the DNR informed the land owners or Derek Randles about what they thought it certainly didn't make it into this Forum.

Edited by hiflier

52 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Anyone else encounter this sign in a WA BF active area?      Other than BF the only thing special about this area that I found was an artesian spring in the middle of it.      I think it was a special watering hole for the BF.       I found it by following a collaped lava tube.     I thought maybe there was an opening someplace for the lava tube and the BF were living in the lava tube.  Anyway I followed the collapse and found the spring.    It had water year round and was probably very clean water since other than it there was no surface water to contaminate the spring.     

image.thumb.jpeg.cb5ea737f70571df5047610014e46316.jpeg

BFF Patron
18 minutes ago, hiflier said:

WA DNR: "Our mission: Manage, sustain, and protect the health and productivity of Washington's lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations."

Two DNR agents did show up the site of the WA nest site. What they thought about who or what built the nest structures, though, is an unknown. When I read that the agents had been there I emailed the DNR four times asking about their assessment of the site and got zero in the way of a response. I then emailed my own F&W asking if they would inquire on my behalf and was told that since it didn't involve Maine that they wouldn't send any inquiries.

BUT I also found out at that time, after I informed them of the discovery, that they had not heard anything about it. I did all of this four years ago and tried to get any Forum member here who was a Washington state resident to write and se if the DNR would respond to a resident. I was disappointed and had a difficult time understanding why no one seemed willing to do such a follow up. If the DNR informed the land owners or Derek Randles about what they thought it certainly didn't make it into this Forum.

I am a WA resident and they never responded to my question about the signs surrounding my former research area either.     They have to know about BF and I would bet anyone that spends much time driving logging roads like they do has experienced a road crossing.     I posted an ad in our local paper asking for information from loggers.     Did not get even one response.    I was told by one DNR ranger it was not a good idea to have a BF sign on your vehicle because loggers have been known to disable vehicles they find parked.   

On 2/16/2023 at 7:46 AM, norseman said:

I feel like there is one method not being utilized at all. Digging. If they bury their dead? Then the truth is out there to find.

I think that is a reasonable line of thinking.    We should be alert to digging in remote places big enough to conceal a body.    I haven't seen such a thing.