Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

Admin

Kodak DC215 Zoom

It's pretty old, about 1998 or so.

Did you get the pic I sent?

Yes, I did and Thanks. The distance is just too great to do anything more with that photo.

That's the problem I have. Most of the cover is at least that far form the house except on one side & part of another side. They only come in the woods that are close to the house at night. They keep cedar trees or bushes in front of them, & trying to get pictures isn't worth the trouble.

I was on the porch on the opposite side of the house, taking pictures in the other direction, when I got that one. They must have not known I was outside, & when I heard them, I peeped around the house & saw shadows moving around. I just leaned off the porch & snapped it before they knew I was there. Usually when I'm outside & see something, I don't have a camera. Even if I did, by the time I thought about taking a picture, turned the camera on, & took it, there wouldn't be anything there.

I never saw the ones that were in view, & thought there might have been some farther back among the tree trunks, but had no idea those were there.

Sasfooty, that image you just posted is less than a mega-pixel. The "Standard" mode setting for your camera is 640 x 480 pixels, which is about 1/3 of a mega-pixel. Your camera saves the photos in a JPG or FlashPix format. FlashPix is a proprietary Kodak format and probably has a bit better image quality than a JPG, but your setting was for JPG so the FlashPix file is not available.

Your camera is capable of 1 mega-pixel at the "High" setting. Unfortunately, you bought this camera just before the 4 mega-pixel revolution. I assume that you took the picture of the sasquatches in the "Standard" mode. In which case, what you see on the BFF is what you get.

If you are confident that there are sasquatches on your property (or near) then it would behove you to not to take advantage of the opportunity to get rich. (and how many ops in life are there to get rich???) If you went across the pond and installed 1 trail camera ($200 investment), then you might capture photos of a lifetime. Plus you would be a hero. :)

Edited by Gigantofootecus

From where I come from and the friends I have, a game cam is called "Bigfoot Repellant." Example: See the avatar to your left. They knew that each time something went near the camera, the camera would make a noise. We believe this was a test. I joked about it in an earlier post but now I'm telling you they KNOW.

Also, I have a friend whose game cam was activated 862 times while a lead pencil was photographed coming in and out of view from the bushes.

Sasfooty will have to decide whether she wants to participate in the game. Personally I got a little weary looking at pics of a pencil. :lol:

The original pictures are 1152X864 from that camera, but I resized it so it wouldn't take more than the whole page to post it.

I have a new one, but it's too complicated & I don't use it much.

There was a game cam out there for a month or more & all it got was horses & deer.

I never had any desire to be rich. Had some money once & it just complicated my life. I don't want any more. It'll be better if somebody else gets all the fame & fortune. :)

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest Yeti1974

I can't imagine it would be that hard to find someone willing to go out on your property and try to draw one out for a better video (assuming someone can hide in the house and film without them seeing it). Or might they interpret someone new there as a threat?

After all, if crazy dudes are now willing to swim free with great white sharks...

The original pictures are 1152X864 from that camera, but I resized it so it wouldn't take more than the whole page to post it.

I have a new one, but it's too complicated & I don't use it much.

There was a game cam out there for a month or more & all it got was horses & deer.

I never had any desire to be rich. Had some money once & it just complicated my life. I don't want any more. It'll be better if somebody else gets all the fame & fortune. :)

FYI, when you resized the photo from 1152x864 pixels, you reduced the resolution by 50%, which you lose in detail. Next time post the ORIGINAL! To hell with how big the file is!

ETA: Setting up a game cam would be the best investment of your life!

Edited by Gigantofootecus

I can't imagine it would be that hard to find someone willing to go out on your property and try to draw one out for a better video (assuming someone can hide in the house and film without them seeing it). Or might they interpret someone new there as a threat?

Yeti, I never finished my story. I found out that they aren't animals, & they have personalities. They have the right to be left alone, & not have to be always avoiding cameras & hunters.

I wish I had never tried to get the first picture, & I'll never try to get another one.

There are things that are more important than money & satisfying other peoples desire for proof.

Sasfooty,

That's a great explanation and makes sense to me. Just follow your heart...

Yep, and besides, I don't like counting pencils. :P

Guest gershake

Yeti, I never finished my story. I found out that they aren't animals, & they have personalities. They have the right to be left alone, & not have to be always avoiding cameras & hunters.

I wish I had never tried to get the first picture, & I'll never try to get another one.

There are things that are more important than money & satisfying other peoples desire for proof.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why are you posting here then?

Telling the story wasn't my intention when I came here the first time. I am obviously interested in the subject, as I assume everybody here is, or they wouldn't be here. I never wanted to prove anything, & still don't.

My comment about the avatar started all this, & once the attacks started, I started fighting back. So here I am, still fighting.

However, I think my work here is about finished, & I'll probably be moving on soon. When I do, it will be because I have nothing else to say, and not with my tail between my legs in defeat. Then everybody can get back into their comfortable little ruts, discussing which is the best gun or game cam to use, & who wrote the most interesting book.

So, why are you here?

Guest gershake

I'm here because I hope that some day (hopefully soon) a picture or video of a bigfoot will be taken and posted here for me to drool at. :D (And because I think that if that happened, that would lead to some exciting consequences, i. e. scientific documentation of the species etc.)

Edited by gershake