Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

I think you mentioned something about chicken eggs, taken? If so, did you find any egg shells or the eggs just went missing? They only took eggs that I left out for them. It was funny at first, because they would always leave one for me. Later, they would take them all. For a long time, we never found any shells, the eggs would just be gone without a trace. But finally Hubby found three shells in the corn patch one morning. They each had a neat hole poked in the side, & were laid side by side. Dead chickens? Not eaten or mangled but left in odd places?No, no dead chickens. They never bothered them at all. Sometimes, I would hear the guineas kind of making that "nervous noise" that they make, if the 'foots were close to the chicken house at night.

Rocks on roof, rock throwing: Another odd question but were the rocks all uniform in size or different? We have so many little rocks in the back yard that I couldn't tell which ones they were using. I never found any still on the roof, but I did find some chicken bones, that (I think) came from a pile of bones that I had thrown out.

Activity times: Certain seasons of the year have more activity? At first, it seemed like they were mostly here during the winter, but later, I found out that they were here all the time, but just made more (BF) noise in the winter.

I'm interested in "possible behavior patterns" in reference to how "other" animals may react when a b/f may be in the general area. All the animals notice them, & seem to be able to see them, when they are around. They will look at certain places, & lots of times, a whistle will come from where they are looking, but I won't see anything.

Here's a picture of one of the egg shells that Hubby found in the corn patch.

Egg.jpg?t=1293290897

Edited by Sasfooty

THANK YOU!

The reason I asked about the hay is that there are several different types, coastal, bahia, timothy, "alfalfa", etc, etc.

I don't have pasture so I always have to find a hay source. The typical hay was the bahia or the crappy local grass hay.

The "ALFALFA" has the highest protein level of the hays. Sometime last year my feed store started carrying alfalfa on a consistent basis. The first night of having the alfalfa in the barn "stuff" started to happen again. Feed room got trashed. A few days later while raking up the alfalfa I found fairly large scat covered in the alfalfa. "NEVER had that happen before".

Point: When we had activity "early on we had been feeding alfalfa! Then the feed stores could not find a source to have it trucked in. Then they found a consistent source as stated above and activity starts again.

Thank you for answering that about the hay. The connection could be the protein or the sweet scent of the hay.

Also what rate of protein is your sweet feed, 8%, 10%, 12% or 14%?

On the eggs: High protein source.

Horses and cows: While having activity here I spoke with a neighboring cattle rancher, he had 100 head of yearling cattle in a corral that stampeded to one end of the corral and trashed it, he said in all his years that he had never had anything like that happen.

Is there a pattern here? "I would say so".

Can it all be contributed to a b/f maybe, maybe not.

But I appreciate Sasfootys input because of her posting her experiences I am able to find similar issues with what we have experienced along with other neighboring properties.

I'm glad you had the stamina to hang around in this thread. JMHO, whether people believe or not, sometimes the only way to learn something is through other people's experiences. What may be squat to one person, may be a clue in connecting the dots to someone else.

Painthorse

This is the key to this mystery if we want answers to this creature.What might not make sense to one person might make sense to another person on discovrying a behavior pattern with this creature.

Like mane plaiting a horse, now i am new to this but have heard of this by other people and am interested in beside the really wierd stuff that has to do with these creatures that can be explained by normal means at times. But for a horse to let a preditor of this size do this to its mane there has to be a reason for it? Why or does the horse stay calm and let it?There are strange things that have happen to me but this stuff stays private but horses has me really stumpped.

Painthorse

Time of season that this hay was eaten? was it before winter?Just a thought :D

Julio, in reference to the plaiting "witches knots" that has always been a thorn for me, that's one area that I can't agree on. The knots are started, sometimes just overnight by a horse rolling and picking up a small bur or twig in it's mane or tail, the swishing of the tail or the tossing of the head will cause the hair to "twist". The longer the hair, the more likely to get the "witches knots".

"BUT, that's just my input! I cannot say with "certainty" that it is not possible. The above is only my belief".

The hay issue with the alfalfa in both instances would be "late fall into winter into early spring".

Edited to add: Julio, I don't know if the hay was actually "eaten". It was an observation of the timing connected to the incidents. The fresh scat was "covered" with the alfalfa hay still sticking to it. When the scat was broke open, there was undigested oats, no hair, bones, feathers, the digested matter "could have been a mixture with the hay, but no way for me to say with certainty.

Edited by Painthorse

Painthorse,

Several of us on a forum that I used to belong to had some experiences with the mane plaiting. Some of them were pretty intricate. If I remember correctly, one had a piece of ribbon, or bright colored string braided into it.

I never got any pictures, but Sunflower may have some that she can post.

They were amazing. Nothing like the witches knots that get in their tails.

I talked to someone who was hunting hedgerows with his son and they observed a Bigfoot leaning over a large bale of hay. They watch him for a moment and then he noticed them and just walked off over a small hill. They walked over to the the feeder and noticed that it was alfalfa hay. He didn't mention whether he saw the BF eating the hay.

I wonder if walking off nonchalantly is a learned behavior on their part? I've heard it more than once.

Painthorse,

Several of us on a forum that I used to belong to had some experiences with the mane plaiting. Some of them were pretty intricate. If I remember correctly, one had a piece of ribbon, or bright colored string braided into it.

I never got any pictures, but Sunflower may have some that she can post.

They were amazing. Nothing like the witches knots that get in their tails.

OKAY, you obviously know the difference, thank you for elaborating on the intricate nature. I have only seen the regular knots, so I appreciate what you have referenced.

I talked to someone who was hunting hedgerows with his son and they observed a Bigfoot leaning over a large bale of hay. They watch him for a moment and then he noticed them and just walked off over a small hill. They walked over to the the feeder and noticed that it was alfalfa hay. He didn't mention whether he saw the BF eating the hay.

I wonder if walking off nonchalantly is a learned behavior on their part? I've heard it more than once.

This is getting interesting, lol. The hay issue may seem to be mundane, but is it possibly a "hit" on a behavior pattern?

There are several different types of hay, is it coincidence that the alfalfa seems to be an interest? Sassfooty, myself and now you have posted something.

I'm curious if anyone else will chime in if they have had activity, know of someone who has and if they fed alfalfa.

Even more interesting, can anyone remember or know of any reports in or near alfalfa hay fields?

Also what rate of protein is your sweet feed, 8%, 10%, 12% or 14%?

We feed 12%. Hubby laughed & said they try to buck him off if he feeds 14%. :D

I don't think they eat any of the horse feed now. If they do, they put the lids back on the barrels, & we don't miss any.

We feed 12%. Hubby laughed & said they try to buck him off if he feeds 14%. :D

I don't think they eat any of the horse feed now. If they do, they put the lids back on the barrels, & we don't miss any.

DITTO, to that, lol. 12% here also. Anything higher they go "stupid", lol.

DITTO, to that, lol. 12% here also. Anything higher they go "stupid", lol.

Sasfooty, I went ahead and used a pad of the alfalfa hay at one of the bait stations using 2 cams. Am curious to see what animals are attracted to it. I have gotten deer, possum and **** using the 12% sweet feed but haven't used the hay out in the woods.

Will post any pics in this thread if that's OK?

post-110-039664400 1293318564_thumb.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what that attracts, Painthorse. You certainly get some interesting pics, especially that avatar. :rolleyes:

If it's a track found on or near your property, I'd like to see it, perhaps in the BF makes house calls thread.

Ok. This one was found on my friend's place about 2 miles from here. They heard a lot of noise at the pond just behind their house one night. The next day, they found this print. It was close to a little mound of clay, (about 2 ft. high). It appeared that the "maker of the track" had jumped up on the mound, slipped, & landed on it's heel. It was disappointing that there were no toes.

Note the dermal ridges in the upper right corner of the enlarged picture.

DCP01718.jpg?t=1293384259

DCP01719-3.jpg?t=1293383685

Edited by Sasfooty

Sasfooty, it's a shame it's a slide. There's some curvature to it that "could be an instep, and I could see the heel but as you said without any toes it's hard to tell what made it. Still "interesting" to look at though. I'd continue to look for prints in that area.

Another thing, even though it's a slide, what appears to be the heel is too round to be a boot print.

Is it "cold" where your at? Too cold for someone to be walking around barefoot?

Edited to add: Did you measure the width of what appears to be the heel area?

Edited by Painthorse