Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

I checked Amazon out & found one for $7.50.

Suppose I put one out there, they find it, take lots of neat pics, & I manage to somehow get it back. How am I going to get them developed? Won't the person that does the developing be likely to keep them & get "rich & famous"?

It would be nice if they made one with a memory card....

Guest vilnoori

It sure would be worth the experiment, though, if you did get some interesting pics. They'd pick it up, click the buttons (hopefully), think "what a silly toy, doesn't really do anything fun" and drop it close by. Now this toy was a bit more fun. :)

http://tinycartridge...ed-by-christina

LOL How about those bonobos!

Edited by vilnoori

Cool idea with the disposable camera, I'm gonna give it a try this weekend if I can find a waterproof one from Wallyworld.

But instead of just laying it on the ground and having it possibly disappear, I'm going to see if there is a way I can run a wire through it without damaging it and hang it from a limb at one of my bait stations.

Guest ajciani

get a game camera that can take pictures at regular intervals, rather than be motion activated.

Why?

Because when you put a motion triggered camera up high, they tend to get a lot of false motion hits, and they tend to miss real ones. So by having a 15 or 30 second interval, you would be much more certain to get at least a picture of a BF checking out the gifts, from a camera placed up high.

edit: BTW, leaving a disposable camera was Saskeptic's joke.

Edited by ajciani

Admin

Also, a camera that has some form of active motion detection will emit sound, ir or some other form of energy that might be detectable by the animal.

Which doesn't mean people shouldn't try it. If I thought I had impossible-to-photograph bigfoots on my property, I'd be trying stuff like this.

BFF Patron

Also, a camera that has some form of active motion detection will emit sound, ir or some other form of energy that might be detectable by the animal.

Apparently, it has been researched that bears respond to ultrasonic frequencies which cams may give off in some form. Was reading the "Bear Attacks" book last night where this was mentioned, didn't notice a footnote or reference. There apparently is research to show the "sweet" smell of alot of the thermoplastics off-gas attract wildlife to some cams as well. Again no refs. Thus a pole mounted motion-censored cam or underground cam may give a slightly better chance that the stimulus intensity of sound/smell is not quite as noticeable or pronounced (I think this was the pretext in which Bill Dranginis perfected his eyegotcha camera system). If somebody has the actual research studies on this or references I'd be interested.....this might not be the thread but one of the trail-cam or animal sensitivity threads perhaps.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

My avatar is a picture I got of one looking in my window.

I have a neighbor who saw a little one looking in her window. She could see it clearly because of a security light in the yard behind it. She said it appeared that it was barely tall enough to see over the window sill.

Hi Sasfooty!!Do you mean, your avatar is a real picture from the Big Hairy one? Really?

Very interesting!!

Greetings.

K. Adam

Hi Sasfooty!!Do you mean, your avatar is a real picture from the Big Hairy one? Really?

Very interesting!!

Greetings.

K. Adam

Well, that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Apparently there are some here that think it's an monstrous owl, or an extra-tall dog, or a pot head....but I think it's one of my hairy neighbors. :)

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest ajciani

Pot head, hairy neighbor....

Better than leaving a camera as a gift, leave a hair brush (possibly with diagram depicting use).

So the biggie comes along, sees the brush, grooms itself, and leaves behind lots of hair, possibly with skin tags.

Oh. :mellow:

Was I supposed to be insulted?

Sorry, Saskeptic. Maybe next time. :rolleyes: