Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

It's been three or four years, & I'm not sure what time of year it was. I think it was pretty cool...maybe early spring. It would have been extremely unlikely for people to be there. They're closest neighbors are close to a mile away, & they never have any problems with trespassers.

And, they heard howls & other noises that we associate with BF, in that area, the night before finding the tracks.

No, I didn't measure the heel. I have another one with the ruler lying lengthwise. It would have been about 12 inches long if it had included the toes.

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Sasfooty, that's a very interesting picture, thank you for sharing. I notice the deep pocket is fairly rounded. If this was found near a pond, near the edge of the water, it makes me wonder if it could be an impression of an animal's foreleg made as it was drinking?

I've noted around here that many 4 legged animals will bend their forelegs and place their front "knee joint" to the ground when they get a drink. The rounded joint makes a rounded impression exactly like your pic shows. Now I'm not trying to declare for a fact what you have in your photo, just trying to look at other explanations besides Bigfoot. My observation may be a strong possibility if there are cattle nearby, and that would certainly explain the "hair" patterns in the print as well.

Chris B.

That impression is interesting. The area that would appear to be a heel looks to be about 3.5 to 3.75 inches wide depending on where you measure using the scale in the photo. My foot is 11.5" long 4.0" wide at the ball and barely 3" wide at the heel. So that is a wide heel depending on how much widening due to slippage you allow for. I do see the diagonal lines in the impression where you see dermals, though the resolution of the image doesn't quite make them discernable.

SY, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the print, because he had some bulls in that pasture. I've seen those knee marks, & they look a lot like this print. Then I noticed that the track was parallel to the pond. Also, the bulls' knees were much wider than the heel of the track. It would have taken a calf to make that one, & there were no calves in the pasture. I tried every which way to figure out how one of the bulls could have done it, but it wouldn't fit.

I considered that the bull could have been down on his knees butting his head against the little mound of clay. (They like to do that.) But, if that had been the case, the "heel" would have been closest to the mound, & the wider part farther away. But it wasn't. The wide part was pointing directly toward the mound. There was also a "skid mark" on the top of the mound, where it looked like the "maker" jumped up there, & his foot slipped & he slid back & landed on his heel.

Then, there were the noises there the night before. That's how I found the tracks at my pond, too.

Here's another one.

DCP01717-2.jpg?t=1293405412

Edited by Sasfooty

This print looks like they were walking on the outside edge of the foot (god knows I'm no expert). The only other print I've ever seen that curved inward like that was a person who had polio or someone with severe pigeon toes. Also it is the same shape as that of someone who uses their feet like hands.

http://acidcow.com/pics/10573-ali-srour-boy-who-uses-feet-instead-of-hands-14.html

Edited by Jodie

Thanks Sasfooty, I think it was Chris B. that suggested the ungulate knee. There also appears to be a hog or deer print under the ruler in that last photo and potentially to the right in the first photo. Were there other obvious hog and deer prints in the mound? If it were a hog or deer knee I would expect the hog / deer foot print to be deeper than a knee impression.

Sorry, SY. I noticed that it was Chris after I had added the picture, but by then it wouldn't let me edit again.

I don't remember noticing any fresh hog tracks at the time, although he does have a problem with wild hogs on his property. That track appears to be pretty old.

I don't think that came from a boot. If it did only boot I can think of that it MIGHT come from is the kind with a smooth rounded heel kind of like in the movie the hunted. Still that doesn't look like a boot print to me. Though thought I'd throw out the idea.

• 1 month later...
Admin

I hear they love Zagnut bars. :D It just amazes me that you have so much activity around your home, of all places, and can't capture anything on film. Since they seem to have somewhat of a comfort level with your presence, i e: mowing lawn, ever try carrying camera while doing things around house?

Their comfort level doesn't extend to letting us see them, just hearing them. They used to be more careless about it, but after I started trying to get pictures & leaving the video camera out, they got really careful. Even when they would let us catch glimpses of them, it was always so quick & unexpected that there was almost no chance of getting a picture.

At this point, I would rather forget about pictures & hope that they will get comfortable enough to let us start occasionally seeing them again.

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest vilnoori

In Africa when we encountered people who had never seen a camera before we generally had a polaroid camera that we gave them to play with. They soon "got the picture." LOL! Mind you that was a long long time ago... I wonder if you can even still get them.

:lol: If they had never seen a camera before, I wouldn't have this problem!

I have a friend that doesn't like for them to come & bump her house at night, so she found several old cameras & nailed them up on the sides of her house. She said it kept them away for quite awhile, until they figured out that they didn't work.

I don't think it's fully understood how much of an aversion they have to cameras, & how clever they are at detecting & avoiding them.

Grayjay, I'd put a game cam on a tree & have it looking right at the tent. Then you can sleep like a baby... unless they stand behind the tree & throw rocks. :lol:

Guest gershake

:lol: If they had never seen a camera before, I wouldn't have this problem!

I have a friend that doesn't like for them to come & bump her house at night, so she found several old cameras & nailed them up on the sides of her house. She said it kept them away for quite awhile, until they figured out that they didn't work.

Did she replace them with real cameras? (I don't mean in order to get pictures but just to keep them away again?)