Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

6 hours ago, norseman said:

So you think it's possible that these creatures have completely eluded the attention of the U.S. government, even on Ft. Lewis, WA, for well over a century?

Obviously not.........

If these creatures exist, it's virtually unacceptable to me that government doesn't know about them. Even if these creatures were rendered almost extinct east of the Mississippi, the U.S. government has been all over the west since 1870, especially during the Indian Wars in the west. That included thousands of troops beating the bush for native warriors (and with allied Indian scouts), dozens of forts all over the place, and Ft. Lewis is smack dab in the U.S. county with the highest report density in the U.S., and it has been there for over a century.

So in the flowchart of the sasquatch mystery, once you accept that these creatures exist, and you finally accept that government is aware of their existence, the next great question itself is a huge mystery, and perhaps the major sticking point:

* If the U.S. government knows, why are they discouraging discovery?

* If the U.S. government knows, what about the other state and world governments where these things live (Russia, China, Canada, India)?

* How much do they know? Did they acquire a carcass and dissect it? Did they study them in the wild? Are they doing that today covertly?

• Upvote 1

^^ Pretty much says it all. So going at government for a statement of truth on the matter isn't such a bad idea? Because if anyone other than knowers know it would be somewhere at .gov ;) After attempting a response at Dept of AG and the USFS the response came finally from USFWS. And it actually told me way more that I expected. Personally I consider it now to be a gift to be acted upon.

Edited by hiflier

22 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........So going at government for a statement of truth on the matter isn't such a bad idea?.......

I'm quite confident that a "statement of truth" will never come from government once they've decided a policy or course of action/inaction.

But accepting the obvious is important in deciding one's own course of action/inaction. 

Thus, if one's goal is to prove to the world that sasquatches exist, and if government(s) don't want that to happen, how should one proceed?

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm quite confident that a "statement of truth" will never come from government once they've decided a policy or course of action/inaction.

But accepting the obvious is important in deciding one's own course of action/inaction. 

Thus, if one's goal is to prove to the world that sasquatches exist, and if government(s) don't want that to happen, how should one proceed?

Are you suggesting a coverup by the gov't? 

Why do people want to prove it to the world? Needing validation from non-knowers/believers is the fodder of the mentally weak - those who care what other people think. Our community needs to get over this daddy complex of seeking acknowledgement for our knowledge. Once we do, we will be a much happier group. Not saying this about you, personally, but about the idea that we need to prove it to anyone who lives in a city and has never ventured more than 50 feet off of a path in their life. 

24 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Are you suggesting a coverup by the gov't?.........

LOL........

That appears to be the widely accepted (demanded?) term to describe it, and I don't think I can ever change that. It might be because government "covers up" so much, both in history and today. Like I've always said, government would prefer to lie even if the truth sounds better.

.......Why do people want to prove it to the world?.........

I think it's a natural reaction to the realization that you've been lied to, you've discovered the truth, and they continue to lie.

........Needing validation from non-knowers/believers is the fodder of the mentally weak - those who care what other people think. Our community needs to get over this daddy complex of seeking acknowledgement for our knowledge. Once we do, we will be a much happier group........

It appears that government wants exactly that. They've given us "recreational" permission to "hunt" for sasquatches. No further detailed boundaries or regulations. This is exactly what Paul Freeman did, even while he was a paid USFS employee. Ditto Lyle Laverty. Both enjoyed experiences. 

I don't believe I frequent high density sasquatch habitat, and I'm getting older and am slowing down, so I doubt I'll ever enjoy the level of experiences they did, but maybe I'll catch one in my binoculars one day.........

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL........

That appears to be the widely accepted (demanded?) term to describe it, and I don't think I can ever change that. It might be because government "covers up" so much, both in history and today. Like I've always said, government would prefer to lie even if the truth sounds better.

I think it's a natural reaction to the realization that you've been lied to, you've discovered the truth, and they continue to lie.

It appears that government wants exactly that. They've given us "recreational" permission to "hunt" for sasquatches. No further detailed boundaries or regulations. This is exactly what Paul Freeman did, even while he was a paid USFS employee. Ditto Lyle Laverty. Both enjoyed experiences. 

I don't believe I frequent high density sasquatch habitat, and I'm getting older and am slowing down, so I doubt I'll ever enjoy the level of experiences they did, but maybe I'll catch one in my binoculars one day.........

What is your ballpark estimate of how many people would need to be "in" on the cover up? 

14 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

What is your ballpark estimate of how many people would need to be "in" on the cover up? 

Not many. Pretty much everybody at the GS-13 level and above who get confronted with the problem. That isn't many people. The boots-on-the-ground personnel who run face to face with it simply get told to keep their mouths shut. The low and mid management level get short, curt explanations why it's best for everybody, including the sasquatches. The reality sells itself......to everybody except a percentage of witnesses. Even then, if said witnesses speak out, the ridicule tends to cure their zeal. 

It really doesn't have to be a "coverup" as in criminal activity. It's more like a simple ignoring of the issue.

In a place like Ft. Lewis? Yeah, I'm pretty sure every CG that comes and goes knows what's going on. The same with the superintendents at Mt. Rainier and Olympic NPs and chief foresters in the national forests in the PNW. By contrast, a superintendent at a national park in the east or lt. general in the African Command might not have a clue. By the time people achieve such ranks, they pretty much know how to recognize how and why such things remained quiet and how the game is played.

I never achieved executive GS scale, but I worked directly for them. I got front row seats for some excellent administrative tricks, and a few of them gave me enough guidance and explanations on things to see if I was teachable. I can recognize the signs.

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

^^ Pretty much says it all. So going at government for a statement of truth on the matter isn't such a bad idea? Because if anyone other than knowers know it would be somewhere at .gov ;) After attempting a response at Dept of AG and the USFS the response came finally from USFWS. And it actually told me way more that I expected. Personally I consider it now to be a gift to be acted upon.

Nice work Hiflier.
This person below will have the final say on bigfoot's status. She leads the Department of Interior that is in charge of the federal Fish and Wildlife Service. She needs to light a fire under their butts to gather evidence on Sasquatch. 

Deb Haaland, U.S. Secretary of the Interior

Secretary Deb Haaland

Secretary Deb Haaland made history when she became the first Native American to serve as a cabinet secretary. She is a member of the Pueblo of Laguna and a 35th generation New Mexican. 

2 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Are you suggesting a coverup by the gov't? 

Why do people want to prove it to the world? Needing validation from non-knowers/believers is the fodder of the mentally weak - those who care what other people think. Our community needs to get over this daddy complex of seeking acknowledgement for our knowledge. Once we do, we will be a much happier group. Not saying this about you, personally, but about the idea that we need to prove it to anyone who lives in a city and has never ventured more than 50 feet off of a path in their life. 

It’s quite the opposite!!!

The mentally weak ascribed all sorts of monsters and gods to explain simple natural phenomenon. Earthquakes, Volcanos, Tsunamis, etc. were all the territory of appeasing gods or lack there of. 

Science stripped all of that away and laid it bare.

I.e. King Neptune wasn’t mad at your village after all, because Sally forgot to turn the chicken bones at the altar last night. It’s too bad the village burned her at the stake for her trespasses…

Science is why your microwave heats your dinner, and a X Ray can see your broken bone, it’s also the reason we have cataloged 1.2 MILLION species on this planet. It’s the reason I can turn on my television and watch a Martian helicopter mapping the surface of another planet!

It’s not a daddy complex for humans to want to push at the corners of our human understanding…. I do not want to go back to a world that fears Trolls under a bridge or fears sailing off the edge of our planet.

Science isn't perfect. But it’s better than the superstition riddled world we lived in in our past.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorCalWitness said:

Not many.

Because you create a stigma around a subject.

I.e. Fred and Ethel saw a flying saucer in their corn patch last night and they report it to the authorities. The military sends out a scientist and a investigator and they look around and then declare that Fred and Ethel were drinking again last night and the flying saucer was nothing more than the moon reflecting off the pond onto the barn roof. That instantly becomes the official story. Secretly they take a few soil samples in the corn patch and test it. And the soil is highly irradiated like in many other cases of sightings. But the military brass doesn’t share this with the public or even its minions. Everything is compartmentalized, and even the left and right hands do not know what the other is doing.

If anything is leaked or any whistleblowers come forward? You make sure to ruin their careers and slander them as loons to the public. So they cannot get a job at McDonalds without someone saying “Hey! Aren’t you that guy that said the government has little green men?” LOLOLOLOL…

And with everything mysterious? You have plenty of help from the public who claim they mind-speak to the aliens, and have bad shaky video of the saucers, etc. and the subject’s credibility snowballs downhill quickly. Until most polite people are not discussing it at dinner parties. It’s ignored. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......even the left and right hands do not know what the other is doing..........

Need to know.

Keeping a secret is different than a cover up. The first is just a secret that they have a reason to keep that way. The other is a created secret about a crime or wrongdoing. 

44 minutes ago, norseman said:

....…. I do not want to go back to a world that fears Trolls under a bridge or fears sailing off the edge of our planet........

What's the difference between that and fearing anarchists in the park or fearing terrorists blowing your trans-Atlantic flight out of the sky?

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

What's the difference between that and fearing anarchists in the park or fearing terrorists blowing your trans-Atlantic flight out of the sky?

One is real. The other is not.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

One is real. The other is not.

There's always something to fear. The moral is to beware or stay home.