Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

13 hours ago, Huntster said:

It's both.

This was one of the best books I've read in my life:

https://www.amazon.com/Make-Prayers-Raven-Koyukon-Northern/dp/0226571637

It explains aboriginal Koyukon spirituality perfectly. A chapter on the woodsman (sasquatch) is included. It's required reading for anybody wishing to understand native spirituality.

Check the Amazon reviews

My thread on this from 2004:

Thanks for the book lead.   In the past I have not had much interest in American history, partly due to the poor and inaccurate job done by public schooling.   More recently I have taken a larger interest in pre colonized history.   So much rich history and culture that is not discussed much.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twist said:

Thanks for the book lead.   In the past I have not had much interest in American history, partly due to the poor and inaccurate job done by public schooling.   More recently I have taken a larger interest in pre colonized history.   So much rich history and culture that is not discussed much.  

I just finished reading a post on another internet forum frequented by Alaskan old-timer outdoorsmen. A fellow who spent time in the 1970's in northwest Alaska found a cache of flint (not known to naturally be found in the region) while hunting. He and another forum participant who spent time in the region exchanged posts discussing a legendary nomadic tribe that came and went with the fluctuating caribou movements. They were believed to come from the west........maybe Siberia. This mysterious tribe disappeared right around the time the Anasazi disappeared in the American southwest several hundred years ago. This is  all from oral tradition of the current native peoples. Modern anthropology hasn't yet really broken into this deeply. It was a good exchange to read........essentially modern "mountain men" participating in native oral tradition in the absence of recorded western history.

42 minutes ago, Chim Chim said:

I don't have an issue with an entrance/parking fee for state lands as long as there's some kind of decent facilities, .........But if there's no facilities or if they're rundown that irks me because I feel I'm being taken advantage of........

I hate paying for parking in a known burglary free-for-all zone, especially if you have to negotiate your activities around gangs of armed LEOs after paying for said parking.

........If you're a veteran make sure you get your pass for federal lands, they're free and a lifetime pass.

Aren't the freebies reserved for disabled vets?

29 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think that’s just for National Parks. Doesn’t apply to the Forest Service?

If it is USFS it is on a forest by forest basis.   We have no such thing in the National Forests in SW Oregon .. no pass at all.   There are a few trailheads that have passes but not that many .. some I use used to but don't anymore.   I think it's mostly for paying for toilet paper in the busiest locations.

• Thanks 1

:lol:

https://mustreadalaska.com/judge-dismisses-case-of-woman-who-claimed-to-be-triggered-by-alaskas-predator-management-program/

An Alaska woman who claimed to be emotionally distraught due to the thinning of bear and moose earlier this year by Alaska Fish and Game officials, in order to help the Mulchatna caribou herd’s numbers, found no love from the Alaska Superior Court.……..

Hmmm...what about thinning the Sasquatch "herd" to reduce the chance of encounters with Humans and reports?

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Of course I'll grant that thinning a mythical herd isn't all that easy, LOL.

I think you're on to something.   Hire on to thin the sasquatch herd.   Take their money.   Then when they decide you didn't, tell them to prove that there are not fewer now than before.   Should get ya proof of existence right there.   Might be worth having to give the money back, right?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MIB said:

Might be worth having to give the money back, right?

Not until they show me where I had failed. Like my grade school friend who said he had invented elephant repellent. I asked him if it worked to which he replied, well, you don't seen any around do you?

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Not until they show me where I had failed. Like my grade school friend who said he had invented elephant repellent. I asked him if it worked to which he replied, well, you don't seen any around do you?

Unless the elephants could cloak, use portals, control their vibrational frequency and mind speak...

^ But, as we know, Bigfeet cannot do any of that.  ;)   They are a flesh and blood Ape just like all the others, with no paranormal ability at all, except that they can be seen and leave trace over and over again, without being classified.  We can't seem to ever catch or harvest one, much less prove to Science that they exist so, until then, taking our Government to court seems extremely futile.  I don't see wide-spread conspiracies with this, just a simple inability to solve the mystery which, by the definition of a mystery, may be impossible for Us to ever explain..  

24 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

.........I don't see wide-spread conspiracies with this, just a simple inability to solve the mystery which, by the definition of a mystery, may be impossible for Us to ever explain..  

So you think it's possible that these creatures have completely eluded the attention of the U.S. government, even on Ft. Lewis, WA, for well over a century?

18 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So you think it's possible that these creatures have completely eluded the attention of the U.S. government, even on Ft. Lewis, WA, for well over a century?

Obviously not. Either this guide, it’s like the Roswell saucer story that was retracted and covered up as a weather balloon. Or someone within the government did it as a prank? Unlike the USFS April fools day prank? I don’t think this Army document was meant as a prank. What is it?

IMG_1375.jpeg