Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So let's say you kill a sasquatch while on a deer hunt. It's a mature female like Patty; 7' tall, and 550 lbs. 

Knowing (or even just suspecting) that government might want to suppress widespread knowledge of these creatures, what do you do next?

Carve it into 500 pieces and distribute it as far and wide as you can. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, norseman said:

Carve it into 500 pieces and distribute it as far and wide as you can. 

So first you have to get it out of the woods in a way that pretty much nobody sees, right? If the word gets out, you might get police, fish and game, or federal fish and wildlife visitors. That's how poachers get caught. And if the wildlife cops show up, the Men In Black might arrive within the hour, right?

So at 500 lbs, it would have to be quartered unless you could back a pickup to it. Then you have to get it home and cut it up. No meat processor here, or word gets out, and the MIB might show up. At home, you might have enough privacy to get the packaging done before the word gets out.

The packaging must not smell like rotting meat, because then the UPS/FedEx option is out. USPS is out of the question. If you don't use shippers, you have a whole bunch of driving to do and scheduling problems getting your chosen recipients to actually get their hands on the goods. Do you take the time to freeze your 500 packages, obtain 500 chunks of dry ice (not an easy or cheap task........written from experience), and 500 styrofoam meat shipping boxes (we have those here because so many people ship fish home from Alaskan trips, but it would take me days to drive around buying out various places in order to get 500 of them)?

And just who are these recipients? Journalists? Expedition Bigfoot show members? College professors? Bigfoot research groups? DNA labs? Just getting addresses and packaging would take days. Weeks. 

And after the first few packages arrive? The Bigfoot is out of the bag. The MIB will have your number by tracing it back.

Are you ready for that?

Do you really think that will even work if government really doesn't want discovery to occur?

9 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So first you have to get it out of the woods in a way that pretty much nobody sees, right? If the word gets out, you might get police, fish and game, or federal fish and wildlife visitors. That's how poachers get caught. And if the wildlife cops show up, the Men In Black might arrive within the hour, right?

So at 500 lbs, it would have to be quartered unless you could back a pickup to it. Then you have to get it home and cut it up. No meat processor here, or word gets out, and the MIB might show up. At home, you might have enough privacy to get the packaging done before the word gets out.

The packaging must not smell like rotting meat, because then the UPS/FedEx option is out. USPS is out of the question. If you don't use shippers, you have a whole bunch of driving to do and scheduling problems getting your chosen recipients to actually get their hands on the goods. Do you take the time to freeze your 500 packages, obtain 500 chunks of dry ice (not an easy or cheap task........written from experience), and 500 styrofoam meat shipping boxes (we have those here because so many people ship fish home from Alaskan trips, but it would take me days to drive around buying out various places in order to get 500 of them)?

And just who are these recipients? Journalists? Expedition Bigfoot show members? College professors? Bigfoot research groups? DNA labs? Just getting addresses and packaging would take days. Weeks. 

And after the first few packages arrive? The Bigfoot is out of the bag. The MIB will have your number by tracing it back.

Are you ready for that?

Do you really think that will even work if government really doesn't want discovery to occur?

Getting it out of the woods wouldn’t be a problem here. Unless it was during Deer season. They seem to only be out in force then. But I do know some of them as well. 

I would freeze everything. I wouldn’t use my current address. And I would drive the samples to their destinations personally.

Look at Justin Smeja. Did a black helicopter swoop in and take him away? I am not saying it couldn’t happen. But it didn’t happen to him.

Unless some federal agency is monitoring every Sasquatch in real time in North America? I would say I have a pretty good chance at success. Better than a Mule crossing the border by far……

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......I would freeze everything. I wouldn’t use my current address. And I would drive the samples to their destinations personally.........

The very first delivery could begin government efforts to contain the discovery. 

.........Look at Justin Smeja. Did a black helicopter swoop in and take him away? I am not saying it couldn’t happen. But it didn’t happen to him.........

He was visited by California Fish and Game authorities almost immediately after his internet claims started circulating. And he made no meat deliveries to excite the authorities. 

........Unless some federal agency is monitoring every Sasquatch in real time in North America? I would say I have a pretty good chance at success..........

If you get the creature home without others on the way seeing it, you stand an excellent chance of making one round of shipments of frozen parts and one personal delivery. As soon as one recipient makes a public announcement, the authorities are going to be on it like stink on sasquatch. 

And you would definitely be outed. You would definitely be on the spot at least like Patterson and Gimlin were, and they did not kill anything. All they did was film one, and it most definitely changed Gimlin's life. He thought it ruined his life for the first 10-20 years afterwards. Patterson didn't live long enough to experience the entire effect. Now add state and federal authorities to the experience, as well as the aspect of actually killing a potentially human creature.

Are you really ready for that? Do you think it's really worth whatever you think you might gain.

6 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Ist priority, get a sample to Joe Rogan. He'll take it from there!

Pretty good suggestion. Got his address or ohone number?

15 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The very first delivery could begin government efforts to contain the discovery. 

He was visited by California Fish and Game authorities almost immediately after his internet claims started circulating. And he made no meat deliveries to excite the authorities. 

If you get the creature home without others on the way seeing it, you stand an excellent chance of making one round of shipments of frozen parts and one personal delivery. As soon as one recipient makes a public announcement, the authorities are going to be on it like stink on sasquatch. 

And you would definitely be outed. You would definitely be on the spot at least like Patterson and Gimlin were, and they did not kill anything. All they did was film one, and it most definitely changed Gimlin's life. He thought it ruined his life for the first 10-20 years afterwards. Patterson didn't live long enough to experience the entire effect. Now add state and federal authorities to the experience, as well as the aspect of actually killing a potentially human creature.

Are you really ready for that? Do you think it's really worth whatever you think you might gain.

Ready for what? My drive way is 3/4’s of a mile long. I hardly go anywhere. If they want to picket me? They can do it on the county rd easement 3/4’s of a mile away. Who cares!?

Hopefully the scientists that make the public announcement will do so AFTER they have had the DNA results in their hands. So by then? It’s too late. I would prefer to remain anonymous, but if it leaks out? See above…. F em!

15 minutes ago, norseman said:

........I would prefer to remain anonymous, but if it leaks out? See above…. F em!

It will. Quickly. It has to in order for it to be "scientific". Every detail will be known. Just look at how the PG event has been broken down to minutia.

So you're a ready and willing shooter/revealer. How many people are like you?

Anybody else reading this who might want to opine on their commitment to kill and reveal?

I would not do so for at least three reasons:

1) There is no way under Heaven that I want the fane or potential problems of being the first confirmed sasquatch shooter and discoverer.

2) I have come to believe hat these creatures are human relatives of modern man, and I don't want to kill one just to prove to humanity that they exist

3) I have come to believe that it is best for all, both modern humanity and sasquatches, that official discovery be avoided.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

It will. Quickly. It has to in order for it to be "scientific". Every detail will be known. Just look at how the PG event has been broken down to minutia.

So you're a ready and willing shooter/revealer. How many people are like you?

Anybody else reading this who might want to opine on their commitment to kill and reveal?

I would not do so for at least three reasons:

1) There is no way under Heaven that I want the fane or potential problems of being the first confirmed sasquatch shooter and discoverer.

2) I have come to believe hat these creatures are human relatives of modern man, and I don't want to kill one just to prove to humanity that they exist

3) I have come to believe that it is best for all, both modern humanity and sasquatches, that official discovery be avoided.

1) Neither do I, but someone has to do it.

2) Type specimens both male and female are required for every extant species on the planet including Homo Sapiens. It is what it is.

3) And I believe the opposite. From Grizzly bears to Mountain Gorillas? Conservation works. 

33 minutes ago, norseman said:

........ I have come to believe that it is best for all, both modern humanity and sasquatches, that official discovery be avoided.

..........And I believe the opposite. From Grizzly bears to Mountain Gorillas? Conservation works. 

"Conservation" isn't the correct terminology or strategy when referring to humans.

http://www.oas.org/en/iachr/indigenous/docs/pdf/report-indigenous-peoples-voluntary-isolation.pdf

21 minutes ago, norseman said:

We have been over this. When its DNA has been sequenced, then we will know what it is. 

And if it is human? 

Would you agree that it is no longer in the purview of wildlife management authorities?

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, Huntster said:

And if it is human? 

Nothing about bigfoot is clear or easy.   I'm going to predict .. recognizing that's all it is, a prediction .. that bigfoot will somehow manage to occupy a niche where it is not clear which set of rules applies, "wildlife" vs "person", and jurisdiction will have to be settled in court.   Probably incorrectly, but still, in court.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, Huntster said:

And if it is human? 

Would you agree that it is no longer in the purview of wildlife management authorities?

To be clear. IF it’s a Homo Sapien? Absolutely.

If it’s a new species of Hominid? We are breaking completely new ground.

Our closest extant relative right now? Is within the purview of wildlife management authorities. That’s been challenged in court. I don’t think it’s made any head way. 

Either way? No matter how close or far Bigfoot is related to us? I would like to see it protected as a species.