Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Can't call 'em rare until they are proved, or stated, to even officially exist. So....back to court. Unless stating that they are a recreational activity is good enough for you to dismiss the creatures as being real.

The *evidence* (sightings, traces, aboriginal historical reference) all indicate a very small, very widely spread population. Yes, we have no scientific data to establish whether or not their population density is endangered or not. That’s because no study has been conducted. 

I’ve read “scientific beliefs” that the Homo sapien world population drifted to a low of under 1000 individuals. Is that “scientific fact”? Of course not, even though somebody believes it is. And if true, then sasquatches might be fine at the densities they now exist at.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, Huntster said:

It doesn't. They were replies to another post that was unrelated.

We already have laws forbidding homicide. 

On 11/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, hiflier said:

Can't call 'em rare until they are proved, or stated, to even officially exist. So....back to court. Unless stating that they are a recreational activity is good enough for you to dismiss the creatures as being real.

Bigfoot has not been officially classified as a Homo sapien, and I don't believe they are humans. Bigfoots characteristics and probably DNA is not close enough to a human to be considered Homo sapien is my prediction.

Homo blackei from another category does not make bigfoot human 

Gorillas have many features like humans.

The scientific name for the eastern gorilla is Gorilla beringei, and the western gorilla's is Gorilla gorilla. The name “gorilla” comes from an account by Carthaginian navigator Hanno of his expedition down the western coast of Africa nearly 2,500 years ago.

Common Name: Chimpanzees. Scientific Name: Pan troglodytes. Type: Mammals.

Gigantopithecus is an extinct genus of ape from roughly 2 million to 350,000 years ago during the Early to Middle Pleistocene of southern China, represented by one species, Gigantopithecus blacki. Potential identifications have also been made in Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia. Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, georgerm said:

.........Homo blackei from another category does not make bigfoot human ...........

If it is determined to be in the genus Homo, it is human, just like Homo sapien, Homo Neanderthalis, Homo Denisovan, Homo Floresiensis, etc.

Homo =Human

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

If it is determined to be in the genus Homo, it is human, just like Homo sapien, Homo Neanderthalis, Homo Denisovan, Homo Floresiensis, etc.

Homo =Human

Homo Habilis….. NOT just like Homo Sapien.

Homo is the genus. Sapien is the species. 

IMG_1392.jpeg

On 11/7/2023 at 8:37 PM, MIB said:

How would you feel about African Americans or Native Americans being listed under the Endangered Species Act to protect them from being shot?    Sounds pretty racist, right?   Or worse!  We don't apply wildlife laws to people.   And yet some of us consider bigfoot to most probably be a kind of human .. so what you're asking is just as racist and just as offensive whether you understand it and accept it or not.     End of story.

This answer is way below your usual "spot on" reply. Why did you only pick African Americans, and Native Americans as your example for endangered species?  Your statement implies the two examples are not quite human. What about Caucasians, Eskimo, Aborigine, Asians, and East Indians.

I served in the Marine Corps as a Combat Engineer with all races and I'm not racist. When the Vietnam war was in full swing all of us were trained to depend on each other regardless of race. We were at Camp Lejune ready to ship out when the president shut down the war. 

Anyway, Sasquatch is not human until DNA shows how far apart Homo Sapiens and Sasquatch really are.  This will avoid all the problems when Sasquatch is known to be a threatened species or endangered. Are we still bigfoot buddies from Oregon? 

28 minutes ago, norseman said:

Homo Habilis….. NOT just like Homo Sapien.

Homo is the genus. Sapien is the species. 

IMG_1392.jpeg

You nailed it and really fine example. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, georgerm said:

You nailed it and really fine example. 

Thanks. Homo Habilis is also associated with stone tools and fire….. Which I believe is also a science bias threshold as to what gets included in the genus Homo and what does not.

4 minutes ago, georgerm said:

This answer is way below your usual "spot on" reply. Why did you only pick African Americans, and Native Americans as your example for endangered species?  Your statement implies the two examples are not quite human. What about Caucasians, Eskimo, Aborigine, Asians, and East Indians.

I served in the Marine Corps as a Combat Engineer with all races and I'm not racist. When the Vietnam war was in full swing all of us were trained to depend on each other regardless of race. We were at Camp Lejune ready to ship out when the president shut down the war. 

Anyway, Sasquatch is not human until DNA shows how far apart Homo Sapiens and Sasquatch really are.  This will avoid all the problems when Sasquatch is known to be a threatened species or endangered. Are we still bigfoot buddies from Oregon? 

5 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Anyway, Sasquatch is not human until DNA shows how far apart Homo sapiens and Sasquatch really are.  This will avoid all the problems when Sasquatch is known to be a threatened species or endangered species. Are we still bigfoot buddies from Oregon? 

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Thanks. Homo Habilis is also associated with stone tools and fire….. Which I believe is also a science bias threshold as to what gets included in the genus Homo and what does not.

Since genus Homo (degraded Human DNA) was found at the nest site, along with the situation with how the nests' materials were harvested to construct those nests, can one come up with a general description of the possible nest builders? Either with a plus or minus on the stone tool/fire use criteria as a scientific Human/ not Human cut-off? Even though, again, Human DNA was the only apparent primate (generally speaking) that was found there?

And would there be any sensible reason in the world for why DNA sampling isn't constantly being done in that area, including water sampling? Seems to me that the nest area had, and maybe still has, the potential to show something quite remarkable. And lastly, at what point would government, outside of the WADNR step in?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......Homo is the genus. Sapien is the species. 

Yup. "If it is determined to be in the genus Homo, it is human, just like Homo sapien, Homo Neanderthalis, Homo Denisovan, Homo Floresiensis, etc."

..........Homo Habilis….. NOT just like Homo Sapien.

IMG_1392.jpeg

"Just like" refers to its humanity, not how it looked to a 21st Century artist. 

That is, of course, unless you're ready to begin discussion about spirituality and its role in the definition of "homo"........

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

.......Sasquatch is not human until DNA shows how far apart Homo Sapiens and Sasquatch really are.......... 

This is true, but it's also true that sasquatches might be extraterrestrial aliens until DNA shows otherwise. There is no proof of anything sasquatchery, including their very existence.

Zana was "100%" Homo sapien, says Margaryan, and other esteemed scientists have stated that was "the final word" on her species............yet she used no tools (other than a stick, like a chimp) and no fire. Why? Because (1) she hadn't been taught to do so, and (2) she had no need for either. 

"Becoming human" (by your criteria of fire and tool use, and even in speech), in all study of feral people, must be learned, and learned early, or it doesn't occur later in life. But "being human" by DNA genetics is a matter of genetic background. You can both be human genetically, but be a dog behaviorally, at the same time. That has been *proven* repeatedly throughout history.

38 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yup. "If it is determined to be in the genus Homo, it is human, just like Homo sapien, Homo Neanderthalis, Homo Denisovan, Homo Floresiensis, etc."

"Just like" refers to its humanity, not how it looked to a 21st Century artist. 

That is, of course, unless you're ready to begin discussion about spirituality and its role in the definition of "homo"........

If it is….that’s a big IF?

It’s still not going to be considered “Human” as the term currently is being used for Homo Sapiens ONLY. 

And with a possible 600-700cc  brain case? It’s never ever going to “fit in” with modern society either. So what happens? 

No one knows. It’s never happened before.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Since genus Homo (degraded Human DNA) was found at the nest site, along with the situation with how the nests' materials were harvested to construct those nests, can one come up with a general description of the possible nest builders? Either with a plus or minus on the stone tool/fire use criteria as a scientific Human/ not Human cut-off? Even though, again, Human DNA was the only apparent primate (generally speaking) that was found there?

And would there be any sensible reason in the world for why DNA sampling isn't constantly being done in that area, including water sampling? Seems to me that the nest area had, and maybe still has, the potential to show something quite remarkable. And lastly, at what point would government, outside of the WADNR step in?

Genus Homo? Or degraded Homo Sapien DNA?

And Gorillas make nests. So I do not see the connection your trying to make.

If Bigfoot is manufacturing stone tools and keeping fires? They should be easy to track upon the landscape.

32 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Zana was "100%" Homo sapien, says Margaryan, and other esteemed scientists have stated that was "the final word" on her species............yet she used no tools (other than a stick, like a chimp) and no fire. Why? Because (1) she hadn't been taught to do so, and (2) she had no need for either. 

"Becoming human" (by your criteria of fire and tool use, and even in speech), in all study of feral people, must be learned, and learned early, or it doesn't occur later in life. But "being human" by DNA genetics is a matter of genetic background. You can both be human genetically, but be a dog behaviorally, at the same time. That has been *proven* repeatedly throughout history.

Did Zana even exist? Do you have any proof she existed? Or is it just stories?

If it is….that’s a big IF?........

"If" is the biggest word in the English language.

.........It’s still not going to be considered “Human” as the term currently is being used for Homo Sapiens ONLY.........

Is Science a matter of "consideration"? The word "Homo" is Latin for "Human". That's why the genus was named thusly.

.......And with a possible 600-700cc  brain case? It’s never ever going to “fit in” with modern society either........

I catch Hell finding hats that fit. I wear an 8 1/4. Does that mean I'm more human that a guy who wears a 6 5/8?

I've been posting this so many times it has become monotonous; 

Yes, sharing the planet with another species of human isn't going to work. We can't even share it effectively with each other. I believe that is why government is keeping these creatures free of us.

........No one knows. It’s never happened before.

According to Science, it HAS happened before, and the consensus is that we killed them all off.

........Did Zana even exist? Do you have any proof she existed? Or is it just stories?

According to Margaryan, yes, she did. It's in a peer reviewed scientific publication. So, in accordance with your own ideology, she existed.