Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

20 hours ago, norseman said:

I see your line of logic? But it fails in comparison. Patty is NOT an anomaly….. No one is arguing that she is a stump or a Bear.

just trying to use the fact the government was aware something odd appeared on their classified images of a mountain between Turkey and at the time the USSR to show they can cover up one thing for good reason. That thing might have nothing to do with someone else’s thing - in that case an assumed Noah’s Ark discovery.   That’s all.   I’m aware Bigfoot as a concept is different being a living thing.   It’s just the concept of the government I was trying to illustrate 

44 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

Are you really saying the April fools day joke (the link you posted) they put out was proof the government knows about Bigfoot?    I’m really serious.    Was there some link I’m missing or was that really it?  If so I’m sorry I missed it.  
If that was it I assume you mean them making a joke is in some way actual proof by joking it is a cover up?    I hope I’m just not clicking on this so I’m honestly confused.

If that is the case, I would have you look away from NORAD official government Santa tracker:  

image.jpeg.69600221f107a60468a1a6eaa0bbbb6f.jpeg

Of course it’s PROOF. And yes! Your picture proves the military knows about Santa as well. 

But if it being a joke is some sort of disqualification to you? (Which the government does to discredit people all the time)

What about the Army Corps of Engineers Gazetteer? It’s complete with a sightings map!

Myth or no myth? The government is WELL AWARE of Bigfoot.

IMG_1377.webp

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

just trying to use the fact the government was aware something odd appeared on their classified images of a mountain between Turkey and at the time the USSR to show they can cover up one thing for good reason. That thing might have nothing to do with someone else’s thing - in that case an assumed Noah’s Ark discovery.   That’s all.   I’m aware Bigfoot as a concept is different being a living thing.   It’s just the concept of the government I was trying to illustrate 

Backdoc, they said the same thing about UFO’s (Unidentified Flying Object) for 70 years…… and look how that has turned out. 

They know one heck of a lot more than they are leading on!

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Backdoc, they said the same thing about UFO’s (Unidentified Flying Object) for 70 years…… and look how that has turned out. 

Until they provide some kind of physical evidence, AFAIC, all this recent UFO stuff is psyops. The current foobah with some in Congress blocking public disclosure confirms that the game will play on.

Backdoc's example of the prowler and police response as good government was well taken by me, but I'm a cradle government product, so despite the wonderful police protection he enjoys (I don't get it that well here), I remain fully cognizant of their priorities and the means and methods they use to get there. We also have well documented examples of police reports of officers responding to sasquatch scenes, collecting evidence, and watching their experiences remain as isolated events within their departments, never to reach another link in their chain of command. 

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Of course it’s PROOF. And yes! Your picture proves the military knows about Santa as well. 

But if it being a joke is some sort of disqualification to you? (Which the government does to discredit people all the time)

What about the Army Corps of Engineers Gazetteer? It’s complete with a sightings map!

Myth or no myth? The government is WELL AWARE of Bigfoot.

IMG_1377.webp

The government is aware of reports of Bigfoot no different than a 911 operator is aware of a report of bigfoot.  But being aware of reports of something is not the same as the government knowing something is out there and knowing what that something is.  Then, the need to cover up that something and belittle anyone making a report of having a belief in that something.   

When I was a kid anyone who believed in legalization of pot was thought to be a Cheech and Chong stoner or worse.   Now it's almost to essentially mainstream thought and many states have done so.  Public perception changes.  I would think fewer people think those who believe in Bigfoot today are crazy, nuts, idiots, or whatever.  My guess is more people today would be open minded about these concepts.   Probably there is not a better time than right now to feel safe on how one is viewed if you believe in Bigfoot.   Also, Bigfoot is kind of mainstream cool like Messin' with Sasquatch commercials.   I still think 'Finding Bigfoot' does a lot to harm to the Bigfoot cause but even if so the fact a show like that is on illustrates there is an increase comfort and curiosity for the subject. The fact that Meldrum, Munns, and so one gets any airtime at all is progress.

The Government is aware of these reports.   Reports.      

11 hours ago, norseman said:

Without getting into the UFO thing I will say this:

UFO's and any effort to keep it quiet kind of proves my point.  I would have no doubt there would be a strong effort to keep the issue quiet and attempted to control the conversation.   The reason as I mentioned before has to do with how severe the issue is on a concern scale.   

The government puts a high concern level on national security.  I just can't put that same level of concern on some potential North American near extinct ape.    Now IF bigfoot exists and IF bigfoot was some science experiment where the government was manufacturing bigfoot to create some super strong Bigfoot Ranger Special Ops team, and a few got loose and went rogue THEN I could see the government having a very high interest.  They would then take extreme measures to take control of all aspects of the issue.     I am not thinking that is the case. 

Image result for gorilla army planet of the apes

Edited by Backdoc

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

.......When I was a kid anyone who believed in legalization of pot was thought to be a Cheech and Chong stoner or worse.   .......

That statement is incorrect? As a reminder, the feds still think so..........

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

Until they provide some kind of physical evidence, AFAIC, all this recent UFO stuff is psyops. The current foobah with some in Congress blocking public disclosure confirms that the game will play on.

Backdoc's example of the prowler and police response as good government was well taken by me, but I'm a cradle government product, so despite the wonderful police protection he enjoys (I don't get it that well here), I remain fully cognizant of their priorities and the means and methods they use to get there. We also have well documented examples of police reports of officers responding to sasquatch scenes, collecting evidence, and watching their experiences remain as isolated events within their departments, never to reach another link in their chain of command. 

It may well be. Which just further proves the government is not to be trusted…..

I had crappy sheriff service at the ranch…… and I WAS the Fire dept. So if I had any complaints with the Fire dept it was fighting commissioners to buy the necessary gear to fight said fires.

2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

The government is aware of reports of Bigfoot no different than a 911 operator is aware of a report of bigfoot.  But being aware of reports of something is not the same as the government knowing something is out there and knowing what that something is.  Then, the need to cover up that something and belittle anyone making a report of having a belief in that something.   

When I was a kid anyone who believed in legalization of pot was thought to be a Cheech and Chong stoner or worse.   Now it's almost to essentially mainstream thought and many states have done so.  Public perception changes.  I would think fewer people think those who believe in Bigfoot today are crazy, nuts, idiots, or whatever.  My guess is more people today would be open minded about these concepts.   Probably there is not a better time than right now to feel safe on how one is viewed if you believe in Bigfoot.   Also, Bigfoot is kind of mainstream cool like Messin' with Sasquatch commercials.   I still think 'Finding Bigfoot' does a lot to harm to the Bigfoot cause but even if so the fact a show like that is on illustrates there is an increase comfort and curiosity for the subject. The fact that Meldrum, Munns, and so one gets any airtime at all is progress.

The Government is aware of these reports.   Reports.      

I never said they believed Bigfoot to be a real creature. Quite the opposite actually. (Officially of course) But if you are a knower that a real creature exists? One of you is crazy. Either it’s the witness or the government. And with the governments track record? 🤨

I am a witness to UFO’s on numerous occasions. It’s way easier than being a Bigfoot witness….you simply look up. So what I ACTUALLY saw was Venus light refraction, swamp gas, I was drinking….. I have sympathy for Bigfoot witnesses because they pull the same crud with them.

Different subject. Same tactics. The government can and does railroad subjects for whatever reason. Cattle multilations, UFO’s, Bigfoot, whatever.

2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Without getting into the UFO thing I will say this:

UFO's and any effort to keep it quiet kind of proves my point.  I would have no doubt there would be a strong effort to keep the issue quiet and attempted to control the conversation.   The reason as I mentioned before has to do with how severe the issue is on a concern scale.   

The government puts a high concern level on national security.  I just can't put that same level of concern on some potential North American near extinct ape.    Now IF bigfoot exists and IF bigfoot was some science experiment where the government was manufacturing bigfoot to create some super strong Bigfoot Ranger Special Ops team, and a few got loose and went rogue THEN I could see the government having a very high interest.  They would then take extreme measures to take control of all aspects of the issue.     I am not thinking that is the case. 

Image result for gorilla army planet of the apes

I am sorry that your brain is stuck on the national security thing. I will say this just one more time. If the government denies Bigfoot is anything other than a myth? And it’s a real creature? There is a cover up, and we can all speculate why. In the mean time it’s the witnesses that suffer the disdain of knowing better…. And maybe families of the 411 missing that may never know the truth.

• 3 months later...

This thread has wandered quite a bit over 37 pages. An ESA listing is not bulletproof. Remember the Snail Darter in Tennessee back in the 70's?  Have Sherman set the WAYBAK machine for the 1970's.

The Snail Darter is a very small fish. It was given an ESA listing and litigation started to prevent completion of a dam project. The case was the first ESA listing to go to the SCOTUS. SCOTUS sided with the Snail Darter. However, Congress passed legislation that specifically eliminated protection for the Snail Darter. The dam project was completed. The Snail Darter did not go extinct and has been de-listed.

The moral of the episode is that you can burn a lot of time, effort and money for a non-bulletproof ESA listing and then get your ass handed back to you.

Sasquatch are doing fine by themselves and don't need any help.

55 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

This thread has wandered quite a bit over 37 pages. An ESA listing is not bulletproof. Remember the Snail Darter in Tennessee back in the 70's?  Have Sherman set the WAYBAK machine for the 1970's.

The Snail Darter is a very small fish. It was given an ESA listing and litigation started to prevent completion of a dam project. The case was the first ESA listing to go to the SCOTUS. SCOTUS sided with the Snail Darter. However, Congress passed legislation that specifically eliminated protection for the Snail Darter. The dam project was completed. The Snail Darter did not go extinct and has been de-listed.

The moral of the episode is that you can burn a lot of time, effort and money for a non-bulletproof ESA listing and then get your ass handed back to you.

Sasquatch are doing fine by themselves and don't need any help.

A snail is NOT a higher primate….in North America. I find that argument superbly weak.

Oh Ok….they are doing fine. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now. Great. What scientific data are you drawing this conclusion from?

23 hours ago, norseman said:

A snail is NOT a higher primate….in North America. I find that argument superbly weak.

Oh Ok….they are doing fine. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now. Great. What scientific data are you drawing this conclusion from?

The terms 'higher primate' / 'primate' are not relevant. The 'Endangered Species Act' deals with plants and animals. Physical volume of a plant or animal is not a factor. What matters is that the flora / fauna has a Linnaean classification, i.e. classed as a 'species'. Snail Darter is species Percina tanasi.  Sasquatch does not have a classification. 

With each year and the attempts with the latest and greatest bleeding edge technology, Sasquatch withdraw further and further away from humans. Lack of reports does not mean that there isn't anything to report. There is no scientific data on populations, just unverified sightings and reports of things that go bump in the night. One has to navigate the chaff based upon personal experiences.

5 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

The terms 'higher primate' / 'primate' are not relevant. The 'Endangered Species Act' deals with plants and animals. Physical volume of a plant or animal is not a factor. What matters is that the flora / fauna has a Linnaean classification, i.e. classed as a 'species'. Snail Darter is species Percina tanasi.  Sasquatch does not have a classification. 

With each year and the attempts with the latest and greatest bleeding edge technology, Sasquatch withdraw further and further away from humans. Lack of reports does not mean that there isn't anything to report. There is no scientific data on populations, just unverified sightings and reports of things that go bump in the night. One has to navigate the chaff based upon personal experiences.

Yes I know. You actually think that a snail is on par with a bipedal ape man roaming the North American hinterlands?  And because some snail lost its ESA status that this is somehow applicable to said bipedal ape man? If Bigfoot was discovered tomorrow? It would be the biological equivalent of a nuclear bomb blast. 

So…..conjecture. That’s all you have. Sasquatch is running out of room to withdraw. That’s not conjecture. Look at the I 5 corridor in the last 50 years. Maybe the species is fine? Maybe it’s not. Without real scientific data? No one really knows.