Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

57 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

...........if I hit Bigfoot with my car no single entity would step in.  I would take pics and vid with my phone, calls would be made and pics taken.   No one would have some motivation to seize my camera or all the other cameras I passed the pic off too. In 5 minutes  it would be all over the world..........

Ever hear of a report like that, with or without government involvement?

• Upvote 1

I can only recall stories of people hitting a Bigfoot and then it vanishes into thin air?  No blood, no tissue?  🤷‍♂️  (sry, norse, I love that emoticon!) lol  If there was a body to examine, I wouldn't count on MiB not showing up.

Edited by xspider1

10 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

........That 1903 National Geographic is a fascinating reference, Huntster.  I found the entire issue here: https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/120242#page/426/mode/1up  That perfectly demonstrates the human tendency to criticize things that we don't know about.  I'd bet we are the only animal that doubts anything just by default.       

This is one of those yellow sidenotes on that reference I posted:

Sarkis Atamian's book The Origin of Tarzan: The Mystery of Tarzan's Creation Solved Publication Consultants; ISBN: 1888125128; (December 1998) uggested Du Chaillu's African books might be the source for Edgar Rice Burroughs' famous ape-man: Tarzan of the Apes.

Burroughs set the location for Tarzan's Cabin at 10 degrees SOUTH of the Equator. Tarzan's cabin was also coastal. Where Du Chaillu as a young lad was conversant with the natives, Tarzan was raised among apes and did not have interaction with humans until his late teens. In later books Tarzan is the consummate linguist, but in Tarzan of the Apes he did not embrace the native "invaders" of "his territory."

Tarzan was reared in a limited territorial range, though large, but certainly not as extensive as that of Paul Du Chaillu. Tarzan killed many natives as a result of the murder of his ape mother Kala and because of other predations by the encroaching natives.

Sarkis was a friend of mine. He was one of the most interesting men I ever knew. He was a psychology professor at th University of Alaska Fairbanks. I never discussed sasquatch with him, but I wish I had.

Yes the sheriff and the DNR and various “typical and normal” stuff.   (But, not a black helicopter in sight and even if so it could not beat the cell phone and social media to the event) 

3 hours ago, BC witness said:

Get a room, you two!

Joking

I really enjoy the back and forth between you, and would gladly hunt with either of you, as long as I don't have to pack out a moose or elk solo, I'm unfortunately physically past those days.

I love you too bud. And also have mad respect for you! I still have a mule skinning buddy! So we are all good!🤣

And you and have met several times and drank beer together! You also live in amazing country!👍 In fact Probably the best country….

22 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

Yes the sheriff and the DNR and various “typical and normal” stuff.   (But, not a black helicopter in sight and even if so it could not beat the cell phone and social media to the event) 

Really? Somebody hit and killed a sasquatch, and the carcass was salvaged?

• Haha 1

@Huntster I had a similar experience with a moose at a lake in central BC. A long time friend and hunting buddy spotted a nice bull swimming across a small lake towards him. He waited for it to come out of the lake; it walked about 10 yards from the shore, shook like a dog to get the water out of its coat, then turned sideways, presenting the perfect shot for Robert to take. He put one right through the heart/lung area and watched the bull lurch back into the lake and start swimming back to the other shore. It died trying to climb out the far side of the lake. I showed up about then, having heard the shot. We spent half a day struggling through the willow swamp at the end of the lake to get to the moose, by which time it was snowing. Like you, I stripped down, waded out on the mucky bottom to tie a rope onto his rack, and we pulled the whole body far enough out of the water to get it gutted, skinned and quartered. By then it was dark so we left it there for retrieval in the morning.

It took two days to haul the quarters out to the logging road. On the final morning, arriving at the carcass, we were greeted by a hissing pine martin, who was claiming the last load for himself. After repeated attempts to scare him off failed I had to shoot the little critter to get to the meat. My wife still has the lovely pelt on her dresser, 35 years later.

We really needed a boat or an Argo for that one. I bought a used Argo the next year, and only ever had to use it once to retrieve an animal in the 10 years or so that I had it.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Huntster said:

Really? Somebody hit and killed a sasquatch, and the carcass was salvaged?

Don't I wish. :)

I'd be fine with confirming a bigfoot body, but I would be fine with finding Reel #2 of the PGF or even (if patty was a hoax) any suit Gimlin and Roger used.   

My post was just trying to make a broader point, so I'll take another bite at the apple here:

"if I hit Bigfoot with my car no single entity would step in".    <----  I was trying to make a point- and pick any example you wish- about the 'Government'.    

Many define 'government' in some all-powerful and knowing conspiracy shadow single boss.  They do this because they this to perpetuate their viewpoint.  They cannot have an actual government because real government is too diverse and incompetent to achieve the slick smart response and results their viewpoint or conspiracy requires.    They might have this all-powerful government have some unexplained need to keep bigfoot a secret.  "See they know about bigfoot.  They are very aware and maybe involved in raising, feeding, breading, or even creating bigfoot.   So this government is the reason why we can't easily find bigfoot.  They are keeping it secret."

Image result for movie close enoucters intervieiwng roy neery

Again, government is 1000's of individuals and departments and many layers or this or that which do not act as with some unified purpose.  Certainly, these people and organizations are not under the whip of a single task master.   Pretend a Russian spy is chased into the woods and shot by the CIA but the body was lost.   A hunter finds the body. The hunter doesn't know he is supposed to call Jack Ryan and the CIA.  Instead, he does what all of us might do.  He calls the sheriff or local authority who calls the medical people.  They call the news.  All of these people act in their normal capacity doing their job or act in a way typical of their individual jobs, duties, bias, and motivations.   

They didn't go to the secret decoder ring meeting where they are not supposed to talk about this event because THIS body happens to be the Russian spy.

If I hit bigfoot with my car no single government entity would act and take the body and silence me.  Add a cell phone with social media and everyone would know.  

14 hours ago, xspider1 said:

I can only recall stories of people hitting a Bigfoot and then it vanishes into thin air?  No blood, no tissue?  🤷‍♂️  (sry, norse, I love that emoticon!) lol  If there was a body to examine, I wouldn't count on MiB not showing up.

You can accept his story or reject it, but I'll share this: at a conference I had a discussion with a NorCal researcher (I probably shouldn't put his name out there).  He said on two occasions he was sitting on a road at a distance watching a spot, then called in a report of a bigfoot being hit by a log truck.   In each instance he said that within a short while (45 minutes the first time, 15 minutes the second) black suburbans with gov't plates arrived, suited individuals exited, searched the ditches, then loaded back up and left.   He says he quit that because he was afraid of being caught.

MIB

15 minutes?  If my tax dollars are being used to keep govt agents continually in the field in remote areas just in case a BF gets hit I want my money back.

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

.......My post was just trying to make a broader point, so I'll take another bite at the apple here:

"if I hit Bigfoot with my car no single entity would step in".    <----  I was trying to make a point- and pick any example you wish- about the 'Government'.    

Many define 'government' in some all-powerful and knowing conspiracy shadow single boss.  They do this because they this to perpetuate their viewpoint.  They cannot have an actual government because real government is too diverse and incompetent to achieve the slick smart response and results their viewpoint or conspiracy requires.    They might have this all-powerful government have some unexplained need to keep bigfoot a secret.  "See they know about bigfoot.  They are very aware and maybe involved in raising, feeding, breading, or even creating bigfoot.   So this government is the reason why we can't easily find bigfoot.  They are keeping it secret."

Again, government is 1000's of individuals and departments and many layers or this or that which do not act as with some unified purpose........

.........If I hit bigfoot with my car no single government entity would act and take the body and silence me.........

You may well be correct, but to this day, we have no carcass provided by a motor vehicle collision whatsoever. During the century or so of motor vehicle use, pretty much every creature known has been killed by a vehicle, including many hundreds of thousands of Homo sapiens. There are reports of motor vehicle incidents with sasquatches. So if sasquatches exist, how is it that not one carcass has been recovered after a motor vehicle collision?

And, secondly, if sasquatches exist, do you think it's possible that government is not aware of them?

38 minutes ago, Chim Chim said:

15 minutes?  If my tax dollars are being used to keep govt agents continually in the field in remote areas just in case a BF gets hit I want my money back.

"You didn't think they actually spent ten thousand dollars for a hammer and thirty thousand for a toilet seat, did you?"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MIB said:

"You didn't think they actually spent ten thousand dollars for a hammer and thirty thousand for a toilet seat, did you?"

As a former Army contract manager, I would say, most definitely, yes.

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

You may well be correct, but to this day, we have no carcass provided by a motor vehicle collision whatsoever.

because maybe there is no Bigfoot to hit as it may not exist or maybe it existed in 1967 at bluff creek as was one of the last ones.  With few in number, they aren’t being hit by cars like deer or other typical road kill

During the century or so of motor vehicle use, pretty much every creature known has been killed by a vehicle, including many hundreds of thousands of Homo sapiens. There are reports of motor vehicle incidents with sasquatches. So if sasquatches exist, how is it that not one carcass has been recovered after a motor vehicle collision?

because it’s more likely what they think they hit wasn’t Bigfoot even if Bigfoot does exist.    Also, hitting and killing what you hit are two different dynamics.  First you have see one.  Then you have to hit it.  Then you have to hit in a way you end up killing it. vs have it running away.   

And, secondly, if sasquatches exist, do you think it's possible that government is not aware of them?

no I don’t.   This Government is essentially biological scientists who are diverse and have multiple backgrounds but are governed by the “not proven” mindset.  They are not actively studying this because to do so would harm their careers.

QUESTION  if you think the government knows (and thus, is covering ) then 1) who are these scientists 2) why do they feel the need to cover it up 3) what measures are in place to assure they keep it quiet and keep others quiet 4) how is Gimlin still alive and I can watch the PGF on YouTube any time I want. 5) how does Meldrum appear on TV without being silenced and why hasn’t his university been told by the government to fire him? 

Edited by Backdoc