Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

If he goes, and it looks like he will, like I said he WILL report a body. It's pretty obvious isn't it? Dyer isn't going to go through a *Dog and Poney* show and fail to have a positive report. UNLESS>>>> I pointed out the other scenarios already.

Well i think its more like a game of Russian roulette between them or a game of chess maybe. Musky pushes Dyer about it being a hoax so Dyer says ok I'll show you the body. Musky thinks (yeah right there is no body) and says 'ok' (thinking how is Dyer going to deal with this). Dyer says 'ok I'll take you. Musky thinks hmmm..I bet he finds a get out...etc etc...

If there is no body then Musky will not go as Rick Dyer will find all kinds of obstacles to deter it. If Musky goes and says there is a body, then I think there will be a body.

This is one thing that really bugs me about the whole bigfoot thing...the law debate.

Does law apply to something that doesn't exist? Surely if you shoot something unknown to science then it's the same as simply shooting nothing? Because it was never there to begin with right?

Come on IF he did shoot something, bagged it up and took it with him then it's his....I say this because how can any land owner/state say he shot something that is unknown to science on their land when their is no documented proof that this thing excicted on said land...surely it would be up to them to prove this thing was on their land? If he said he shot it in a certain place he could just change that story and say he shot it in his back yard. How could they prove otherwise without bringing Grissom in lol

Are you guys catching what I'm throwing?

There is nothing vague, in this particular case, RD did not shoot a Bigfoot; instead he shot, what the State of Texas labels, a "resource."

This "resource" is also considered "wildlife."

So, RD shot a 9ft tall, 800 lb "resource" and, in Texas, "resources" have value.

So, RD shot a valuable "resource" on land that he does not own. Therefor, somebody has legal rights to the "resource" RD claims to have in his possession.

So, all that being said, even if RD really did shoot a Bigfoot, as he's claimed, he does not own it and nor will he ever own it. Most especially if it has value; which it would.

This whole discussion is fascinating but only in theory as there's no way that RD has possession of a Bigfoot.

If by some miracle he did, the State of Texas would land on him like a ton of bricks. Losing the Bigfoot body would be a small concern compared to other things he'd be facing.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Do we really know Minnow films bought him a new SUV?? Just 'cause he said so?

Entire production crew would include make up, make up artists, costumes, etc. for the filming, would it not?

There is nothing vague, in this particular case, RD did not shoot a Bigfoot; instead he shot, what the State of Texas labels, a "resource."

This "resource" is also considered "wildlife."

So, RD shot a 9ft tall, 800 lb "resource" and, in Texas, "resources" have value.

So, RD shot a valuable "resource" on land that he does not own. Therefor, somebody has legal rights to the "resource" RD claims to have in his possession.

So, all that being said, even if RD really did shoot a Bigfoot, as he's claimed, he does not own it and nor will he ever own it. Most especially if it has value; which it would.

This whole discussion is fascinating but only in theory as there's no way that RD has possession of a Bigfoot.

If by some miracle he did, the State of Texas would land on him like a ton of bricks. Losing the Bigfoot body would be a small concern compared to other things he'd be facing.

Good points.

If Rick Dyer shot a Bigfoot like he say's he did, don't you think that he would load that puppy up in his expedition and go to the closed news station and say, HEY you wont believe what I got, get the cameras I'm ready to give my interview and bring your checkbooks. Just think about it, He's a known Hoaxer......

Edit to not be so snarky...

Edited by Hammy

Well i think its more like a game of Russian roulette between them or a game of chess maybe. Musky pushes Dyer about it being a hoax so Dyer says ok I'll show you the body. Musky thinks (yeah right there is no body) and says 'ok' (thinking how is Dyer going to deal with this). Dyer says 'ok I'll take you. Musky thinks hmmm..I bet he finds a get out...etc etc...

If there is no body then Musky will not go as Rick Dyer will find all kinds of obstacles to deter it. If Musky goes and says there is a body, then I think there will be a body.

It's going to play out...and yes, like I said..if Dyer is being coy, then he will come up with that *CAWK $ BULL* story I mentioned.

Entire production crew would include make up, make up artists, costumes, etc. for the filming, would it not?

It would most likely. Depends on how much they are willing to look professional or not. What they WOULD need is film permits, legal contracts to film on private property, production vehicles (and possible Teamsters drivers), a production team depending on the size and scope of the shoot - Director of Photography, Costumer Designers, Camera Operators, Boom Ops, Grips, Electricians, Assistant Director(s), a Director and various Producers, PA's, a Production Coordinator, Legal representation and a Location Scout and Manager). Unless they are totally going rogue under the radar and doing it without permits and possibly illegally. Depends on how big the production is, as to whether or not all these folks are needed.

Do we have any folks from Finding Bigfoot online here? How many folks are on their location film crews? I'd think that would be the minimum number to crew needed. And even a few folks with a good camera and boom are not going to blend in to the scenery all that much.

Edited by madison5716

It's going to play out...and yes, like I said..if Dyer is being coy, then he will come up with that *CAWK $ BULL* story I mentioned.

Yes but I dont think Musky is going to lie about seeing a body.

I dont understand your point Madison?

Guest VioletX

Man, I missed a lot going back and forth today while I was out innocently walking around a lake...my head is spinning.

Jacki- you are cracking me up today, I plussed you for that and for keeping up our end today ;

Here is the thing that bugs me...in the 2008 hoax all the bad boys were in cahoots.

But here in 2008 we have Dyer and a completely separate entity, Minnow films, a company that is not particularly notorious and fairly serious minded it seems.

All it would have taken is one phone call or email from a member of the company at any point to blow up this claim as an outrageous hoax. Not one person in months has stepped forward to silence Dyer.

I guarantee they have received much scrutiny, so why would Dyer risk that one person could destroy his hoax, what kind of cajones would he have to have? He does not seem anxious about discovery if anything he seems like he wants people to get more info.

Edited by VioletX

I think he's in on it, but that's just based on what he has SAID about Dyer (he's supportive of Dyer). If he reports a body, I won't take it as proof...he's now tainted himself. If Dyer was serious, he would have invited an INDEPENDENT party..with NO AXE TO GRIND ( Reporter or Scientist like Disotell) to view the body.

Yes but I dont think Musky is going to lie about seeing a body.

I dont understand your point Madison?

Edited by ronn1

I've been following this story from when the tent video first came out but don't remember how it came to be understood that the BF body was in Las Vegas? That's where Musky is supposedly going, right? Can someone clarify for me?

The point is the film company could have used their make-up artists to create the bigfoot in the tent video.

It did cross my mind that it could be just a wig and some face paint.

At San Antonio there were 3 different camp sites spread out over a small area. The production team numbered 9-10 individuals.

Man, I missed a lot going back and forth today while I was out innocently walking around a lake...my head is spinning.

Jacki- you are cracking me up today, I plussed you for that and for keeping up our end today ;

Here is the thing that bugs me...in the 2008 hoax all the bad boys were in cahoots.

But here in 2008 we have Dyer and a completely separate entity, Minnow films, a company that is not particularly notorious and fairly serious minded it seems.

All it would have taken is one phone call or email from a member of the company at any point to blow up this claim as an outrageous hoax. Not one person in months has stepped forward to silence Dyer.

I guarantee they have received much scrutiny, so why would Dyer risk that one person could destroy his hoax, what kind of cajones would he have to have? He does not seem anxious about discovery if anything he seems like he wants people to get more info.

VioletX!! Thank goodness you are here! I almost joined the other side! (not really)! Thanks for the plus :)

Yes but people say that Minnow want him to spread this story as it promotes their film. I disagree with this though mainly because its only the bigfoot community that know of Dyers claims and the rest of world have no idea so Dyers story will only promote to a tiny tiny community. I would have thought that they wouldnt want a fictitious storyline to their film being rumoured on the net.

The point is the film company could have used their make-up artists to create the bigfoot in the tent video.

No I dont buy that sorry :)

Guest VioletX

W

They need to move on to make a Patty costume next because they did a bang-up job; )

If this is some sort of trick, the person would have had to know about the trapezius muscles and the Sag-ital crest and decide what features are going to be included to convince people. If a hoax and so many of the old school are in the ape camp, why not make it more apish?

So many risks taken in judgement if this is all hoaxery.

@Jacki, 'tis true the BF community is a minority and the ones who care about the documentary even smaller than that. Minnow cannot be getting much milk from this Bigfoot cow.