Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

I would be hesitant to believe HA Miller's account as being true. Among other things, he uses an incorrect term in describing the species's family. "Cebidatelidae" is not a proper family name; it's a combination of "cebodae," th old family name, and at elide," the current family name, for new world monkeys. The two were never combined, as far as I can tell. Moreover, new world monkeys like those belonging to the atelidae family have long prehensile tails - something missing in descriptions of bigfoot.

Perhaps more importantly, Yale doesn't offer undergrad degrees in forest science, so the alleged doctor couldn't have gotten his bachelors there. Pus, it's coming from Linda newton perry, who has a long history of hoaxing.

Edited by leisureclass

For cheap thrills I copy and pasted the species name on Google and there was only one result and it contained the above article. If I Google my name there is thousands of results and I am a "Joe sixpack", just an average guy.  Because of this I have to consider the article as nothing more than a story. I wish it was the real deal...

Edited by AaronD
to remove language filter diversion

Nobody is covering up bigfoot.

Nobody.

Let's not get into Blevins territory.

I dont know why it's so out there to believer that the government would try to keep Bigfoot on the downlow. It seems like they do that with Cougars.

the state governments cover up cougar populations in various states, including mine. For whatever reason, probably easier to not deal with something or cheaper to ignore something that isn't really causing a problem for the majority of people.  Sarcastically I can say that we all should trust the government completely as they will never abuse their powers or powers to obtain or withhold information from the United States' citizens anyway. Recent disclosures have proven this to be absolutely true as regards the U.S. government. I cannot speak for our Canadian Neighbors or Mexico or other countries, but I trust our government completely about all things, even those regarding unknown or unrecognized species, or maybe especially about what it says regarding unknown or unrecognized species. My respect for these paragons of honesty knows no bounds, if they knew of these matters they would surely keep us informed.

Why would the government want to cover up BF? What would be the "end game"?

What would be the financial reasons or what would they gain by doing so, if not for monetary reasons?

I can tell you from my experience, and I am government that if our agency had even a whiff of any RFP's from lets say the US Fish and Wildlife or the NPS that we would be on that faster than you can imagine.  Funding is funding.  For example we mapped/researched the Ivory Billed Woodpecker within in an inch of its supposed existence and still are.  We even bought 1930s imagery for mapping purposes the entire coverage of Tensas Parish where Tanner last saw the IBWO (thank you tax payers @ about 30 $ a frame @ 1:18k scale, it is a lot of imagery) I know that is a lot less controversial but we are not shy about chasing funding of any sort.    

Edited by Lance

The Lack of evidence is evidence that the coverup is succeeding.

So by that logic we can assume that since the government also takes no position on pixies, unicorns and dragons that they also exist and are objects of a cover up.

Parkie- If I replied to post #12 it would put to guys job in jepardy. The body part is in lock down and I can't get any more specific than to say a state employee told me.

In 1981 the body of a 12 foot tall giant was found in the hills above the town where I live. This body was taken away and is under heavy security. I know this because a state employee told me. I dont want to compromise his job so I cant tell anyone his name.   See how that works?

I think some people are giving the U.S government too much credit.  If an extramarital tryst that only a former president and a white house aide knew about can explode into a major media story overnight then what do you think would happen with the widespread knowlege of a 8-9 foot tall hairy homonid that was spread across most of the U.S. and several agencies with varying degrees of security?  

I think agencies like NSA, CIA and FBI are far more concerned with catching terrorists, spies and high profile criminals than covering up the existance of creatures of folklore.

Cniht- I really don't know how this works but if you were quoting me well, I never said a 12 ft. giant was found or was that your own info. My take was in response to Parkies' post # 12; jst didn't want to add to any confusion. However I am going on good inside info that the state that I lve in has a body part in lockdown and under tight security. Not much else to reveal right now.

I dont know why it's so out there to believer that the government would try to keep Bigfoot on the downlow. It seems like they do that with Cougars.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

They have released red wolves & bears here recently & refuse to admit it, although it's common knowledge.

They have NO credibility left.

Yes, have to agree Sasfooty. The subject of another thread partly, but I have seen many cougars in our state, most black as have many of the people who were under my command at the time. Common knowledge of a species in an area apparently doesn't equate to any official recognition of said creature.

Yes they do.

They have released red wolves & bears here recently & refuse to admit it, although it's common knowledge.

Citation needed.

Yes, have to agree Sasfooty. The subject of another thread partly, but I have seen many cougars in our state, most black as have many of the people who were under my command at the time. Common knowledge of a species in an area apparently doesn't equate to any official recognition of said creature.

They've have acknowledged cougars in the east, however when a specimen is obtained. It is either found to be a vagrant from the wets (DNA match) or a pet.

Guest guillaume

Please note that you're referring to the Canadian, US, and Mexican governments as well as, historically, the French, English, and Spanish governments--who extensively explored and trapped North America--spanning hundreds of years.  No bigfoot.

Also scientists worldwide would have to go along with it quietly.  Instead we have Meldrum and a few others puttering along and getting nothing done.  Or wait, maybe they're in on it.

This is a pretty fancy conspiracy.  Maybe bigfoot have become our secret masters, and are behind the scenes, pulling the strings.  That would explain everything.

You see, once you start going with purely speculative conspiracies, there's no end to it.

I think..........eerrrr know the government covers up a good deal of things, as well as spreads disinformation as a smoke screen.

But this isn't a secret spy plane we are talking about here, or a botched assassination.

What possible reason would the US government want to hide the existence of Sasquatch from the public? I don't buy the whole Logging industry conspiracy...........the people who work at the US Forest Service are a bunch of greenie weenies and would blow the whistle so fast it would make your head spin.

The only shady stuff I know about is what David Paulides brought up in his investigation..........the US Park service would not disclose to him the number of missing persons in any park let alone the whole park system. And I think this has a lot more to do with public image than anything else. Kinda like asking the CIA if they still torture people or if they have any secret wars going on. Ultimately they are worried about their jobs, or even possibly criminal proceedings, or being sued.

ptangier- my point was to illustrate that anyone can make an outragious claim and cite an anonymous authority fugure as the source.  Someting I would never do even if I felt the souce was completely reliable. In the end it has the effect of making a claim that could be true sound like utter BS.

My thoughts on this topic follow deductive reasoning.

• Modern technology has the ability to read the date on a dime from outerspace, can we agree on this?
  • The government possesses this technology and has control of it, can we agree on this?
  • If there is a sasquatch anywhere within our borders, such technology could easily observe them...can we also agree to this point?
  • From these points, if there is a sasquatch at all, the government has observed them--does this sound reasonable, given the previous 3 points?
  • The government has admitted to nothing.

Conspiracy? Define conspiracy.

Why would they deny what they have in all most liklihood observed? To prevent mayhem or bedlam, public paranoia, militia-like responses from the public, or maybe....just maybe, to keep us all in the dark; after all, knowledge is power yes? 

• Upvote 1