The Ketchum Report

Guest RedRatSnake

perhaps in BFery, pursuit of profit trumps principles?

With all the problems of greed we all see these days, why should footin be any different, we have become a world based on the focus of profit and not the quality of the product, I wish it had been different but this is a mess.

I thought she said her "Bigfoot steak" didn't look like the picture of it circulating on the net.

There have been different stories from or about Smeja; I haven't kept up, but simply put a

question mark by his name in my mental list.

As for all the definitions of what's "absolutely wrong" that I have read on this forum, it boggles

my mind and the attitude reeks of entitlement. Bigfoot is real to me, but some of the people in

here seem rather fictitious.

Very astute observation Oonerjah ....

BTW .....iMHO .... These fictious characters on this thread don't seem to be paying attention.. To the written word.

( I call them tea leaves )

They also wouldn't hold a candle to HER lawyer(s) and their ( the lawyer(s) )advice ...... This ain't all spontaneity ... It's planned....

Her actions are not just actions .. But Planned actions, of knowledge that the science and Melba Ketchum are RIGHT ......

She don't "sic" need a PR person.... She has her lawyer(s) advice ..... About the Best PR methods....

The only thing the lawyer(s) is/are not controlling is/are the peer review process. An that is as it should be...

BTW .... Sykes and the Scientific academia folks seem to have been faced down (what other reason for their announced delay )

Her process is right, and they now know it it better than their process and have to adjust...

They don't want further egg in the face results.

If this isn't a slam dunk .... The tea leaves are wrong ........ She ain't .....

BTW ... Hats off to Jeff Meldrum again ... Right or wrong ... He is in this fight "all-in"

BFF Patron

Still waiting on "planful". How would you possibly know anything about Syke's motivations Science Critic? (better cap that and post it in the right thread though on second thought).

Edited by bipedalist

Guest RedRatSnake

Still waiting on "planful". How would you possibly know anything about Syke's motivations Science Critic? (better cap that and post it in the right thread though on second thought).

Syke's has that good reputation and until that changes we all should just hold tight, I will be honest, I have had had my thoughts as to why someone with his level of scientific expertise would get involved with this, but in the same breath I am glad to have him looking into it.

BFF Patron

That's not what I mean snake, I'm not questioning Syke's motivations or his credentials, just how someone thinks he is face-down in the water when all he's doing is delaying his study timeline?!

And again this belong over in the Sykes thread anywho.

Edited by bipedalist

On the topic of the Ketchum’s attempt to recognize and protect Sasquatch-

I find it very interesting that Dr. Ketchum would ask and expect to get signatures for a petition to protect Bigfoot as a species with only hope and belief as the driving factor at this time.

It seems like such an event would need better planning. Perhaps meeting with all of those involved on the inside and energizing them and providing better ammunition to accomplish such a goal then what has been provided thus far.

If it was that important why is there not a link on the Erickson Project, Olympic Project and NABS sight to help push such an important and meaningful agenda?

At this moment there are only 96 signatures and to the best of my knowledge none of the below names have signed it. Wouldn’t these be some of the first people signing and helping to move this thing along?

David Paulides

Wally Hersom

Derek Randles

Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh

Dennis Pfohl

I know Dave Paulides doesn’t hesitate to post on his site when the NABS chachke store is going to be closed. Why not schedule some time on C2C or another forum to get the word out?

If this was so important why not bring into the loop Dr. Meldrum for additional and much needed support? Or even the BFRO and use the popularity of Finding BF to knock that petition out of the park?

I am sure the intentions are good but this just doesn’t seem like a very hungry attempt to make this happen without definitive proof. Her PR people seem to be advising her poorly and even worse at formulating & executing a plan.

I still hope Dr. Ketchum has the goods and wish her luck on her newest endeavor.

Correct bipedalism .. How would I know ?

By the same token " knowing " or "not knowing" has not stopped the Ketchum bashing on this thread....

NUFF SAID

LETS TALK (post ) Not bash ....

But Melba did not initiate this petition and even said that she felt the timing was off (on her FB page). But, I realize she is promoting it all the same....

Thanks for the clarification. I did not catch that part about her not initiating the petition, but even so she has the ability to kick this thing in the ash if it really is that important. She already did a few Facebook posts promoting it now.

Linda S. started it (and if I'm not mistaken it's not the first one Linda has started). I even suprised that Melba has promoted it at all. I think she definately knows it should have waited. Maybe she is just trying to get a feel for how those on her site would respond....there was even a comment about how disappointed she would be in everyone if the numbers didn't start jumping. But alot of folks are giving her a hard time about it. RIghtly so, in my opinion.

BFF Patron

Correct bipedalism .. How would I know ?

By the same token " knowing " or "not knowing" has not stopped the Ketchum bashing on this thread....

NUFF SAID

LETS TALK (post ) Not bash ....

Actually, over the past 36 hrs. I've seen very little "bashing". Are you speaking contemporaneously on the issue?

I've actually seen some discussions.

Guest VioletX

Quote Derekfoot: "there's a real chance that she actually very much cares about these critters.

I know Melba pretty darn well and I can say without a doubt that she has great compassion in

her heart for them."

I believe you.

I also believe Melba has worked over long and hard on the research and the paper.

She does not deserve the attacks of the haters.

If I hear this excuse one more time, I may vomit!

It just makes all the previous "leaks" seem planned.

I am just writing my interpretation, maybe I am wrong.

If the study is coming out soon enough, and since this person who is part of the Pres group decided to do this on her own, should MK ignore the petition or make a new one once the study break?

Or just jump on it now despite this being not the best timing.

Well this is the week. I believe the announcement will come out this week. It has to.

I'm going to put up a bigfoot tree and decorate it with kibble garland and apple and blueberry muffin ornaments.

I don't know why people keep claiming that MK is being maliciously picked on. Her actions, associations, frequency of hype and promises, etc, are all relative to who she is, and her abilities. She suffers from bad decision making, and is hyper-emotional, IMO. Maybe my perception of how doctors act may be skewed by growing up with an Ivy League doctor as a brother, but she seems really wishy-washy and touchy-feely, which strikes me as odd, based on her credentials. The one thing that keeps jumping off the page at me, is how she feels the need to address leaks, and naysayers. Who cares? What do they even matter? If you have your facts straight, you have no reason to even address anything/anybody.

Unfortunately, the only facts that she's given anybody shed a somewhat negative light on her.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher