The Ketchum Report

SY,

What, then, is the difference between "true" habituation stories that "have alot of information," although nothing "claimed as proof," and false habituation stories that "have alot of information" but no "proof?"

Not much, this is why you have to have your own experiences to sort it out. I chose to go see what is there, or if I can experience something for myself. I don't make a decision which is absolutely true, I simply file info away and see what correlates with my own experience and observations. I work to understand the different perceptions and interpretations of those common experiences and observations, but won't claim them to be a fact about bigfoot, just that they occur.

Not much, this is why you have to have your own experiences to sort it out. I chose to go see what is there, or if I can experience something for myself. I don't make a decision which is absolutely true, I simply file info away and see what correlates with my own experience and observations. I work to understand the different perceptions and interpretations of those common experiences and observations, but won't claim them to be a fact about bigfoot, just that they occur.

Thanks, SY. You are a honest, thoughtful fellow, whom with I disagree , alot. :fan:

Edited by jerrywayne

"If this venue is the "teacher" I am cutting class. "

I guess the backside is still a little tender from getting thrown under a bus not so long ago :-)

Guest slimwitless

These types of statements should be banned. Nice to see you all learned from the whole Ed Smith debacle.

What debacle? Oh, you mean someone actually believed the guy?

<p>

For one thing, the claims of human-like intelligence and reasoning ability. For another, that they would habituate in the first place. Again, I'm not paying good coin of the realm for that. It could be true. It's just that I'm not indulging in one person's story to the tune of $$$$$$, when I can read many many people's stories - which seem to describe a different kind of animal, and thus are at odds - for free.

Sounds like we might need to define habituation a bit. Does it mean the bigfoots are habitating or frequenting one place regularly ,is it reserved for single witnesses, or is it that a troop of BF tend to show themselves to groups of people after becoming accustomed to their presence?Humanlike intelligence could be interpreted in behaviors like the hide and seek games they play with researchers in area X. They pelt the side of a cabin with sticks and stones then dash up the hill when someone comes outside and whom fails to get their visual. They navigated a maze of camera traps dispersed in area x for over five years. The described tactics requires planning and fore thought to excute in that way.

Sounds like we might need to define habituation a bit. Does it mean the bigfoots are habitating or frequenting one place regularly ,is it reserved for single witnesses, or is it that a troop of BF tend to show themselves to groups of people after becoming accustomed to their presence?Humanlike intelligence could be interpreted in behaviors like the hide and seek games they play with researchers in area X. They pelt the side of a cabin with sticks and stones then dash up the hill when someone comes outside and whom fails to get their visual. They navigated a maze of camera traps dispersed in area x for over five years. The described tactics requires planning and fore thought to excute in that way.

Well, actually, here's what it comes down to with me: spending coin of the realm on one person's story.

What makes the overall evidence compelling to me is that it represents the reported experiences of many people, in all walks of life, across North America. However we define "habituation," it runs counter to the general experience (individual or small numbers of witnesses, very brief encounters), enough so that, even though it could definitely happen (even elusive animals we know about aren't elusive all the time), it's not something I'm going to overly concern myself with.

And as I have said here, more than once, a habituator is no more bound to provide proof to the world at large than someone who just sees one. Although the community gets to draw the line at excessive I-know-you-don't bragging. Civilly, now. If it's about bragging with one, it's not bragging without proof.

Edited by DWA

Sally said the news of the release would go public on a Thursday.

Probably next week then. There's no way they'll go up against Armstrong-Oprah.

Heh... ya... Wonder how much he got paid to come clean?

Sally said the news of the release would go public on a Thursday.

Thx for the update though

Probably next week then. There's no way they'll go up against Armstrong-Oprah.

But next week is the Kardashian baby sonogram...

and the next week is Wrestlemania XXVII...

And the next week is American Idol...

and the next week ........

But next week is the Kardashian baby sonogram...

and the next week is Wrestlemania XXVII...

And the next week is American Idol...

and the next week ........

I understand what you're getting at but the Armstrong story is like a thousand times larger any of those. Plus it is getting a lot of media play.