The Ketchum Report

BFF Patron

Also, a good way to find out where your leak is.

"It's a trap!"

Edited by bipedalist

Hey Science Critic...

An O

Looks like i was right and Lindsay was wrong. More tea leaves up in smoke.

Maybe next time! ;)

Bad technique Rockie .... You are supposed to "smell" the aroma with an open mind ....

Not smoke it.

You got euphoric, and it shows...

BTW, you might change your choice of leaves .... Good TEA leaves are nearly as hard to find as an Opem "clear" mind..

Guest RedRatSnake

Hey! I am all for smoking some good tea but if smoking the stuff he has is going to turn me into raving gossip spreading lunatic, I'll just keep going to the guy standing on the Corner down the street and play it safer ~ :drag:

@ Mulder

It would seem that Ketchum may be promoting more than being anything near transparent. In what ways has this study been transparent?

If she'd really kept to protocol, there would have been NOTHING released at all, but she decided to respond to the leaks, which was a huge mistake. And she got pounded for "claiming but not showing evidence". She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

IMHO~ I think she brought that grief upon herself, science should not be practiced behind closed doors when it's trying to find something like a Bigfoot, no need for the secret squirrel type stuff, ain't like anyone is going to steal away her rights, she also could have released the pictures or video years ago while working on the DNA, by keeping the visual evidence away from the public, but still claiming to have it is a red flag from the get go, again, no need to hide anything when looking to discover a new animal species, cloak and dagger is not being transparent it's being sneaky.

And then she loses the chance to get her paper properly reviewed and published, which would give Skeptics all they needed to dismiss it as illegitimate.

The process calls for data sequestration until the end of the process. You can't condemn her for trying to maximize her chance to make it to publication just to satisfy a bunch of self-righteous Internet Skeptics (and a few proponents) with inflated senses of entitlement.

IMHO~ I think she brought that grief upon herself, science should not be practiced behind closed doors when it's trying to find something like a Bigfoot, no need for the secret squirrel type stuff, ain't like anyone is going to steal away her rights, she also could have released the pictures or video years ago while working on the DNA, by keeping the visual evidence away from the public, but still claiming to have it is a red flag from the get go, again, no need to hide anything when looking to discover a new animal species, cloak and dagger is not being transparent it's being sneaky.

And then she loses the chance to get her paper properly reviewed and published, which would give Skeptics all they needed to dismiss it as illegitimate.

The process calls for data sequestration until the end of the process. You can't condemn her for trying to maximize her chance to make it to publication just to satisfy a bunch of self-righteous Internet Skeptics (and a few proponents) with inflated senses of entitlement.

Guest RedRatSnake

If she'd really kept to protocol, there would have been NOTHING released at all, but she decided to respond to the leaks, which was a huge mistake. And she got pounded for "claiming but not showing evidence". She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

One has to question why the leaks in the first place, and any good study should be upfront and totally transparent anyway, especially when given the reputation that the BF community (hate that term) has built for it self, the need to distance the good from the bad has never been more important then, Now.

One has to question why the leaks in the first place, and any good study should be upfront and totally transparent anyway, especially when given the reputation that the BF community (hate that term) has built for it self, the need to distance the good from the bad has never been more important then, Now.

1) Those leaks have all been third-party, so Ketchum cannot be blamed for it.

2) No, a good study stays under the radar until all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s crossed. That's protocol. She tried her damnedest to do that until she got outed by people who knew better but decided to talk anyways.

Guest RedRatSnake

You keep pitting this us against them stuff, If the proper scientific procedure was taken it would be seen as totally legit even if the material was proven to be a genuine BF, what is in question is the sneaky way it was done, science is not practiced behind closed doors unless your building a new missile, this is a world class thing she is trying to prove, not some new breed of hamster.

Mulder I don't know whether Melba truly believes in her results or not, but she has a poor sense of how to manage public perception in my opinion. Her first mistake was getting personally involved in the community by establishing the sasquatch preservation group,.That alone could have affected the study and subsequent paper's ability to be published. And she did that on her own, that was not a third party hearsay endeavor.

Guest crabshack

Most will agree to that CT.

Sasquatch preservation group, I hope that is not like the save the polar bear people, cause polar bears really do eat baby seals. And we really don’t know all what a squatch would eat, maybe deer, hikers, kids at the local park.