Best Evidence Privately Held

Guest vilnoori

V

What is your definition of "simple mtDNA testing"?

What is "more than simple (!!!) mtDNA testing"?

How will you know which specimens will undergo "more than simple (!!!) mtDNA testing"?

I mean more than a test to establish whether a mt sequence is present in a database of other animals'. I would consider nuc DNA testing more, and I would consider them looking at multiple gene sites rather than, say, just comparing one gene over many species'. If we are in fact looking at a hybrid, or multiple hybridizations over time it needs more analysis (something comparable to what was done with the Denisova samples). This is because the potential for hybridization means that the mt DNA results could vary quite a bit, and some could even represent perfectly normal modern human DNA if the mother's line goes back, daughter to mother, to, say, a kidnapped modern human female. That is why the mt DNA results for Zana pipped that one so neatly, because the story was that Zana, the mother, was a female Almas. Therefore unless Zana herself was descended from a modern human female (possible but unlikely) then both Zana and her son should have had quite different mt DNA from the rest of the people in that area. But they didn't.

We are open to criticism in pretty much anything we do. Life isn't a bed of roses y'all. Would you really lose a lot of sleep because people online didn't like your picture ?

Probably no more sleep than I lose because a bunch of people don't like me not posting it, which is none. "Life isn't a bed of roses." You don't get everything you demand.

Is it maybe that you have grown to know them and in your mind you think you "own" them now? Don't have to share, they're mine.

Well, isn't that special??? Somebody who actually hints, in public, that it might be possible to get to know them!!! I'm STUNNED! Nearly choked on a chunk of alligator tail.

You're getting close, however, they have made it obvious that nobody owns them. More like the opposite.

I was going to walk away from this thread, my point being made prior.....but I kinda don't agree. I respect the people that have blobsquatches and post them . Even if it is doubtfull looking. I don't know why there is this perceived fear of being "torn apart". We are open to criticism in pretty much anything we do. Life isn't a bed of roses y'all. Would you really lose a lot of sleep because people online didn't like your picture ? Do we need to be coddled that much?

I cannot respect somebody saying they have something and providing no evidence. That is playing with folks to just to get attention.

But I do agree w/ yur "belief" :D

I agree with you about this. Assuming the footage or picture was obtained with honest intentions, you know, not an obvious hoax attempt, what's the worst that's gonna happen? Maybe you might hear some people say it's interesting but inconclusive, but I don't think it would get obliterated just for the heck of it. If you post something so deliberately hoaxed, then you deserve to be shouted down. People are very discerning, and can approach each piece with an open mind, and judge it on it's own merits. I say give us a chance.

I agree with you about this. Assuming the footage or picture was obtained with honest intentions, you know, not an obvious hoax attempt, what's the worst that's gonna happen? Maybe you might hear some people say it's interesting but inconclusive, but I don't think it would get obliterated just for the heck of it. If you post something so deliberately hoaxed, then you deserve to be shouted down. People are very discerning, and can approach each piece with an open mind, and judge it on it's own merits. I say give us a chance.

Here's a good example. Someone else started a thread on my pics on here because they ended up on another web site where someone photo shopped a baby cave man face into the pic. I came into the thread and claimed ownership, was asked for more pics to be posted and answered questions. I was accused of "enhancements" when all "I" had done was use hue and contrast to bring out more definition. Someone also posted drawn in lines to make it out to be what "they wanted to portray" when there was nothing there but dead air.

The thread got so heated that it was locked and then deleted.

Mods, I did not start that thread, I am only posting these pics as an example.

On a side note, I can't help myself, lol. I "do" have other pics of what I believe to be the same animal and it isn't no dang bird.

post-110-047018000 1321304193_thumb.jpg

post-110-071946500 1321304217_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh, Painthorse!!!! You've done it now!!!

I can hear the conspiracy theorists already gearing up.

We're conspiring against them in our little club. :lol:

Ohhhh, Painthorse!!!! You've done it now!!!

I can hear the conspiracy theorists already gearing up.

We're conspiring against them in our little club. :lol:

I want my de-coder ring! And I want it "NOW", lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Well that's awesome, why not post the pics that would settle the bird argument? Since you have them. I just think it would be easier than causing a firestorm.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Well that's awesome, why not post the pics that would settle the bird arguement? Since you have them. I just think it would be easier than causing a firestorm.

What firestorm? There won't be one because "I'm not going to start one".

I'll post them when I get something else I'm working on.

I posted the above pics as an example only.

I'll post the others when I'm good and ready.<_<

What firestorm? There won't be one because "I'm not going to start one".

I'll post them when I get something else I'm working on.

I posted the above pics as an example only.

I'll post the others when I'm good and ready.<_<

I was talking about the previous discussion that got so heated that it had to be closed. Did you not have the other pictures you are now mentioning at that point? I was just asking that if you had only released one photo and it caused a heated argument, why not release the rest and clear things up. If you didn't have them yet, then I guess that would answer the question. Just checking.

I have photos that I've never shown publically. I think some are pretty interesting, but for a number of reasons they've never been displayed. I do share a lot of things privately with friends I've made along the way though and they aren't required to agree with my opinions of the photos.

It's the first in a series of 5 rapidly taken pics from a trailcam. The first- as posted above- has been enhanced. The 2nd through 5 pics are of a guinea hen in the exact same place then leading off to the right horizon. Watch them in order... No mocking- no naysaying, just watch them in order. And if you can post the original pic that would be great too.

Tim B.

Guest Luckyfoot

Here's a good example. Someone else started a thread on my pics on here because they ended up on another web site where someone photo shopped a baby cave man face into the pic. I came into the thread and claimed ownership, was asked for more pics to be posted and answered questions. I was accused of "enhancements" when all "I" had done was use hue and contrast to bring out more definition. Someone also posted drawn in lines to make it out to be what "they wanted to portray" when there was nothing there but dead air.

The thread got so heated that it was locked and then deleted.

Mods, I did not start that thread, I am only posting these pics as an example.

On a side note, I can't help myself, lol. I "do" have other pics of what I believe to be the same animal and it isn't no dang bird.

Awesome Painthorse. ty for sharing.

This is an online forum. Worldwide. It's not a private club where you can excuse people with opposing opinions. Posting stuff for the world to see , and you expect all opinions to be uniform and positive ? I do applaud you for showing your photos and attempting discussion. That it went south is unfortunate, but did you lose a lot of sleep ? Did it affect your personal life? Did you lose your job ?

I have photos that I've never shown publically. I think some are pretty interesting, but for a number of reasons they've never been displayed. I do share a lot of things privately with friends I've made along the way though and they aren't required to agree with my opinions of the photos.

But have you made yourself an avatar out of your photos and take every opportunity to brag about them online ?