What Happens To The Poop?

Guest parnassus

What happens to BF feces?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Random comments

You may not be able to get DNA samples from poop. In theory you might be able to find some intestinal cells that rubbed off and got into the poop; but in practice finding them (and assuming they were viable for sampling) is another story. You can tell about an animal's diet, digestive process, etc. though. Perhaps some kinds of parasites are commonly found in one type of mammal over another; ie you find X in apes but not in bears.

I assume BF to be omniverous, which would mean his poop would be similar to that of a bear, compared to Gorilla poop, as Gorillas eat plants.

Herbivores need to eat more than carnivores so comparing a Gorilla's eating schedule to a Tiger isn't really of great use. Also, large reptiles eat more infrequently. Is it because they have a slower metabolism (?) Big herbivores eat and ruminate all the time. So even when a cow isn't "eating" its still ruminating, digesting, etc. Omnivores don't do that.

In Florida animal poop disappears fairly quickly. I don't pay a lot of attention but I suppose heat, rain, bugs, other animals, etc. break it down fast.

Has anyone compared BF dung to gorilla dung?

http://www.flickr.co...25287/lightbox/

Mountain Gorillas leave a pretty impressive pile.

Not that I would know of.

I know all too well about their impressive piles. I had enough impression to last two life times when the gorillas threw them at people when I was at the zoo. Their aim and forceful throws at such long distances were impressive as well.